Denounce and Killing machine?

90 Human Paladin
Does it stop all crit's? I denounced a frost DK in a BG but i still saw Frost strikes and Obliterates critting on me with my add on. It is entirely possible that there was another frost DK but i just thought I should ask to see if i'm wasting healing time trying to denounce high crit players?

I mean normally I do it on a warrior when I see recklessness, but i never got hit to see if it works, i just read the tool tip and assumed it did. Am I wasting my time denouncing people just to put the debuff on them??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've noticed now and then a crit will land on me between one Denounce and when the next one applies. Most of the time it's DKs and I usually just Hand of Freedom myself and kite them all over the place while they smash their keyboards in impotent rage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haha yeah that is normally my plan, I was just worried that I was wasting time denouncing them If KM procs ignored the debuff, but man it is funny watching classes whose damage kind of revolve around the crits they get hit like a limp noodle when i denounce them haha.
Edited by Hurrakane on 10/31/2012 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Discussing RoS and Choas Bolt over on the arena forums someone mentions KM and Denounce. Figured I would Xpost for you guys.

Denounce:
Apply Aura: Mod Crit Chance % - All
Value: -100

Killing Machine:
Apply Aura: Proc Trigger Spell
Value: 1
Proc chance: 100%

Basically denounce negates killing machine bringing the crit chance back to base.

Ie base crit chance of 10%-
Killing machine makes that 110%,
denounce reduces that by 100% = 10% chance.

Thats my reading anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Discussing RoS and Choas Bolt over on the arena forums someone mentions KM and Denounce. Figured I would Xpost for you guys.

Denounce:
Apply Aura: Mod Crit Chance % - All
Value: -100

Killing Machine:
Apply Aura: Proc Trigger Spell
Value: 1
Proc chance: 100%

Basically denounce negates killing machine bringing the crit chance back to base.

Ie base crit chance of 10%-
Killing machine makes that 110%,
denounce reduces that by 100% = 10% chance.

Thats my reading anyways.

They need to change the tooltip then. It says it makes them "INCAPABLE" of a critical strike.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks Vael, that explains why I keep seeing Crits from frost DK's, oh well atleast it will fully remove recklessness crits from a warrior, I can taste their tears lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Denounce affects all spells that are talented, glyphed or just innately have a "increases crit chance" component,

For example, if you have a proc that says "Increases the chance for your next 'x' to critically hit by 100%" then Denounce will remove 100% crit chance restoring it to the base crit chance of the player.

On the other hand, if the spell proc or description says "Always critically hits" or "Guaranteed critical hit", then Denounce will not effect it as these do not actually modify crit chance but apply an automatic critical hit modifier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/31/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Doomgazé
I've noticed now and then a crit will land on me between one Denounce and when the next one applies. Most of the time it's DKs and I usually just Hand of Freedom myself and kite them all over the place while they smash their keyboards in impotent rage.

If they don't glyph icy touch to dispell and spam it to remove your freedom they deserve to get kited all day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You probably thought you saw a crit but it was a normal Obliterate, slamming into you like a fat chick at full sprint.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/02/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Öutbreak
You probably thought you saw a crit but it was a normal Obliterate, slamming into you like a fat chick at full sprint.

I am going to use this quote from now on lol I love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]