Realm First Challenge Modes

100 Blood Elf Monk
Wanted to take a sec to thank Karabi - he came in with us on a lot of them and then had to leave for work. He didn't get the golds, but he definitely put in the time.

These were super fun and we hope people start up some more groups soon to challenge our times!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wish i could compete for times, but ret is !@#$ for challenge modes. Would also like to thank Oximore, Tortfeasing and Embrocation for %^-*ing me and Watola in our !@#'s multiple times.

Grats on your sexy transmog
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Optimal comp is overrated for challenge mode. Monk tank and double melee dps is no ones idea of a good comp.

Also we should have videos up from a carried rogue perspective sometime next week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Grats guys!

Can I get your number Fiery? You're looking mighty fine.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
We are the greatest ever. Shout out to our fearless leader Subtitles.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
BUCKETS ARE SUPER HARD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Best overall strat for this? PULL PULL AND PULL SOME MORE then go ape !@#$ on AOE?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Make use of aoe stuns/kiting in a small space as much as possible. If you can't run a good DK tank, you need to be ready that at any time your tank can get gibbed.

You really have to know what to interrupt and how almost every mob works because they will live long enough to cause problems. Trash tends to be the challenge mode, sans a few tough bosses (shadopan monastery was definately a boss run).

I think the best thing you can do is do a "dry run" first, learn the instance and get a feel for what you have to do where, then start your gold attempts.

The biggest waste of times are waiting for cooldowns on invisi potions/army/bloodlust.

I honestly think almost any reasonable comp can do these.
Edited by Subtitles on 11/2/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
warlock tank
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree that any comp can get full gold, but if you want the best times going with a blood DK, and stacking ranged is best. Ele shammys are amazing. Sucks that almost every trash pull and boss fight is melee unfriendly.
And waiting for invis pot Cds is a pain in the !@#. That stupid freaking jump in Mogu'shan palace could set you back 10mins if one person didnt make it in time
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Gj guys, Lots of respect for ya. Been trying gold on jade temple now with my brewmaster monk Luigi.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
We're going to have vids of all our runs up on our Youtube page pretty soon so you can see what we did. In general, though, we planned the use of all our defensive CDs (including stuns, army, etc) based on the difficulty of each trash pack. Leg Sweep and Remorseless Winter were pretty much essential (and Capacitor Totem too), and we used Army of the Dead on mega hard packs (like pulling all the Hozen in Stormstout or the 7-pull in Scarlet Halls). We also utilized a lot of Crippling Poison to allow me to kite - sometimes I just couldn't survive certain pulls.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Shaman
11/01/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Monkraxx
Wanted to take a sec to thank Karabi

why didnt you just whisper him in game?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
11/03/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Rltroll
Wanted to take a sec to thank Karabi

why didnt you just whisper him in game?

Because we got server-wide recognition through the realm first spam and he didn't. He deserved it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Looking forward to the videos, will they include vent/skype?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
They'll have mumble. Since MSI afterburner doesn't support multi-source audio and I'm too cheap to buy fraps you won't be able to hear me (except on the video from Even's POV).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Couple more videos posted courtesy of Karabi on our guild site, check 'em out, and maybe our heroic kill videos too while you're at it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]