[a] vanguard of norrath is recruiting

90 Worgen Rogue
Debating whether to play again within the next month hopefully after work calms down. Times for the 25mans =o?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
still working out the kinks and looking for people. we did 25s last week. fun. fun. fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If I am on and you guys need fill ins let me know =D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
bump for more dedicated 25 man people....you know what they say....
Reply Quote
I'd love to join your guild Filibuster. I've been looking for a raid team since the launch of this xpac. My guild's gone dead anyways. Send me an in game mail if i'm not online at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
so yeah. our website is www.vanguardofnorrath.com. Please feel free to visit or send a message through there.

I don't know if I agree about melee....at first I thought MSV was overly friendly to range but not so much anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/04/2013 07:07 AMPosted by Filibuster
I don't know if I agree about melee....at first I thought MSV was overly friendly to range but not so much anymore.

i can't think of any mechanics on normal or heroic that favor melee.

spirit kings would be impossible with all melee because ARROWS EVERYWHERE and SHADOW SKULL FOLLOWER THINGS would ruin melee more than ranged seeing as you'd have to ask healers to kill them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
boss 1: stand at range and pew pew for 99% of the encounter
boss 2: stand at range and pew pew for 99% of the encounter
boss 3: stand at range and pew pew for 99% of the encounter, sometimes in a different realm
boss 4: stand at range and pew pew for 75% of the encounter
boss 5: stand at range and pew pew for 99% of the encounter, then step back 5 inches to avoid from falling in
boss 6: stand at range and pew pew for 99% of the encounter
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ah so this is where you try to dissuade me of my opinion.

well, yes, the mechanics favor range ("overly friendly") but once you get used to them as melee, you get used to them. so, i think they're perfectly fine as melee.

but, i'm glad you mapped out how range does all 6 fights. i was so unbelievably curious about that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
np yw gl hf
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I want all melee on Wind Lord once the adds are down. That would be like SO AWESOME to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/04/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Filibuster
well, yes, the mechanics favor range ("overly friendly") but once you get used to them as melee, you get used to them. so, i think they're perfectly fine as melee.

things get easy as you do them more, yes, that is the case.

heroic spirit kings is the only fight this tier that, while relevant, favored melee, and only because there were several mechanics that required you to be spread out/out of melee range for you to deal with them. The other fights were remarkably melee friendly.

02/04/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Joynal
I want all melee on Wind Lord once the adds are down. That would be like SO AWESOME to heal.

if the group is coordinated it shouldn't be a problem.

i'm assuming you're referring either to when he throws his sword, which is harder to dodge as melee than range, but melee can still dodge it, OR you're referring to wind bombs, which are actually easier to manage if everyone stacks up and moves as a group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]