Red Dawn 2012 remake

87 Human Mage
i kinda to agree with bubblykiss here in that the first didn't need a remake. the first was a great story with a great cast.

from the commercials it seems they changed some of it up as far as story goes(russians are now asians,military type leader instead of just a good ol boy mountain kid)but then left some things the same as far as scene plots(them coming out of the ground to mow bad guys down,dad saying avenge me). they should have just made a all together new movie and not called it red dawn.

chris hemsworth(sp) or whatever the guy's name is that plays thor has been in EVERYTHING here lately and i'm just not ready to see him in another role yet the same cardboard acting/emotions so soon.

this will be one of those "oh,it's on netflix and the servers are down due to maintenance" type shows for me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/16/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grumgore
You won't save the United States without Patrick Swayze.

Pure scripture right there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Two words: Josh Peck.
I lose it every time I see the trailer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I thought the first movie was as dumb as a box of stupid rocks.

I think the remake makes the original look intelligent, witty, & artistic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
In what universe does North Korea have the ability to pull off a secret invasion of the North American mainland???? At least the Soviet Union was a credible threat, but North Korea????
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/02/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Linarie
In what universe does North Korea have the ability to pull off a secret invasion of the North American mainland???? At least the Soviet Union was a credible threat, but North Korea????

I concur, N.K. flies a secrete fleet of planes loaded with troops to the rockies....unnoticed....the first RD had soviets and Cubans plus the cold war threat of annihilation.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/02/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Linarie

Well, originally it was going to be Chinese, until somone figured out that Chinese people actually buy movie tickets. But that's not likely a concern with North Koreans.

Except that the idea of North Korea being a credible invasion threat is so laughably dumb that I can't believe anyone would make such a movie.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I get that they wanted to stay true to the "Commies are evil!!" vibe of the original, but I think they should have completely scrapped that very dated notion. No one cares about communists anymore. The invaders should have been Iranian. That's a little bit believable, but not really. Chinese is really the only one that makes any sense at all. But you're right, they buy movie tickets so portraying them as evil invaders wouldn't work out so well on the international market.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/07/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Linarie
I get that they wanted to stay true to the "Commies are evil!!" vibe of the original, but I think they should have completely scrapped that very dated notion. No one cares about communists anymore. The invaders should have been Iranian. That's a little bit believable, but not really. Chinese is really the only one that makes any sense at all. But you're right, they buy movie tickets so portraying them as evil invaders wouldn't work out so well on the international market.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/video/2012-12/01/content_15976326.htm

An interesting *debate* from China Daily, the English language Chinese state run news paper. With that disclosure, have a watch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I loved the original movie.

I definitely won't be paying to see the "remake" in theaters, I won't be buying it, and I might actually watch it once it comes on a pay channel and there is absolutely nothing on. And I have a lot of channels. A lot. I would rather watch infomercials all day, or some ministry show, or a soap opera, or pretty much anything. That is how strongly I feel about this movie based on what I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Fleafly
Except that the idea of North Korea being a credible invasion threat is so laughably dumb that I can't believe anyone would make such a movie.
As it is, they made a game based on the same exact thing...A North Korean invasion of the US.....

As for me, the only thing that urked me and pretty much made me flip a table, was how our Submarines apparently all got "drowned"...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
As it is, they made a game based on the same exact thing...A North Korean invasion of the US.....

Yea, I guess gamers will buy anything these days.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
You people take movies way too seriously. The original was decent but the acting was pretty horrible. As long as the movie is entertaining thats all that matters.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/08/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Sqwall
You people take movies way too seriously. The original was decent but the acting was pretty horrible. As long as the movie is entertaining thats all that matters.

Since our occidental culture is not producing great art, literature and the music is the same regurgitated filth, yeah, I can see a reason for investing time and thought into movies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This movie was amazing in my opinion and I would go see it again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I like how they all went through like, a couple days worth of 'training' and then they were like, more skilled than an army soldier. A couple of teens.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It sucked. The North Koreans could never invade the U.S. let alone successfully invade and destroy South Korea.

Movie was weak through and through.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Monk
It sucked. The North Koreans could never invade the U.S. let alone successfully invade and destroy South Korea.

Movie was weak through and through.

Agreed with ya on that this remake will go down as the worst remade movie of all time.

Hollywood stop remaking movies or we'll nuke you guys next. jk we need someone to make entertainent or otherwise we'd be bored for life.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/08/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Sqwall

But if the acting, dialogue, & story all suck monkey butt .... how can it possibly be "entertaining?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]