Getting around with the Shado-pan bug?

100 Troll Mage
I have done the yaungol set of dailies with Protector Yi about 5 times now and I still don't have credit for him in this achievement. What gives?

Also as a random whine: Know your role is completely awful.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Fei Li is completely broken for me. Protector Yi didn't bug at all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
When you begin the quests and choose your companion, a lot of the time you won't lose the 'Choose a Shado-Pan companion!' debuff, even though you have actually chosen one. I found that flying away from the quest hub, in any direction, will cause the companion to despawn, then flying back causes the companion to respawn and the debuff will also be removed. Ever since then I've been getting credit for it just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I just did my shadow pan daily using Protector Yi today. Before the quest start, i have 10/15 dailies done count with him, after i finish all 5 quest, it only become 12/15... This achievement is buggy.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
As deviance said...you must make sure you don't have the "Choose a shado-pan companion" debuff. Even if you pick one, sometimes the debuff will stay.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Got them again today, made sure I had no debuff, still no credit for Yi.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Make sure you're not mounted when you turn in your quests. That prevents you from getting credit.

Alternatively, get your companion, get the quests, and just go afk for like half an hour by the quest giver (while not mounted). Come back, be pleasantly surprised.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Its buggy, but AN EASY WORK-AROUND exists. The bug occurs whenever you turn in quests with the companion, instead turn in at camp for ALL quests and get credit. :D (Does mean an extra flight back to kill-zone but lets face it, you've all done far worse for a bloody achievement that no one cares you have but you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
so every time i get the quest hub for Snow Blossom she isnt there and yes i have defeted her for the Proven Strength anyone know what to do?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Hölyçöw
I just did my shadow pan daily using Protector Yi today. Before the quest start, i have 10/15 dailies done count with him, after i finish all 5 quest, it only become 12/15... This achievement is buggy.

How are you able to see what the progress is for each companion? The achievement is a list of them and whether they're credited yet or not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I was experiencing the same bugs, after doing 7 sets of Blackguard dailies with Yi out and no progress, I handed in 2 quests to him while dismounted and was awarded progress. Thanks for the fix.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/run local a=7298 print(format("\124cffFFFF00TODO for %s\124r",GetAchievementLink(a)))for i=1,GetAchievementNumCriteria(a)do local d,_,c,x,y=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(a,i)if not c then print(format("%s %d/%d",d,x,y))end end

Is a macro that will show you the names and how many out of 15 quest have been turned it with the companion when you reach the 15/15 and have the check mark it will no longer show the name in this TODO macro
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
This achievement is broken...no doubt about it...wife can't get Protector Yi and neither can I on my monk and on Saugeil, I can't get Fei Li completed. We both make sure we turn in all daily quests to the appropriate npc that is assisting us on that given day, by marking them, we ensure that we do NOT inadvertently turn in to the other persons npc. In doing this, the above mentioned npc's do not ever complete. I am comforted, so to speak, in the fact that we are not the only ones experience this problem.

Help us out Blizzard,

Saugeil
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]