Cinder Kitten Pet Preorder Suggestion/Request

90 Tauren Death Knight
It will be the first pet I buy from Blizz.

<3

Zarhym can we preorder the pet to get them the aid money to the Red Cross ASAP?

Then just get the pet when the patch releases?

Time is money friend.

My whole thinking is you can get money fastest from a preorder system.

Maybe an extra pet feature or addition for preordering.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/9/2012 6:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
They really need the help and a preorder option would lock in the pet and get those people in the freezing weather aid money ASAP.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
Ever think of just giving your money to the red cross now and not expecting something in return except a tax reciept and the knowing that you're helping ppl in their time of need? I know funny thought but there it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You know the motives of a company by the choices and fruits of their labor.

If helping people for Sandy was really their cause they would take the time to have something up already, kitten or not. Simple as that. This is an attempt to buy moral standings with the community and gain free advertisement for a 'charitable' deed. Why do you think they are advertising something they don't have out yet for a cause that needs money right now?

It's really a sad thing to do to use peoples real tragedy as a way to gain popularity and ride the current news trend to get your name out there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/09/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Krullstone
Ever think of just giving your money to the red cross now and not expecting something in return except a tax reciept and the knowing that you're helping ppl in their time of need? I know funny thought but there it is.

My family already got together and sent money to the Red Cross. My suggestion just emphasizes time is money and instead of people waiting for the patch to be developed they could preorder and be insured the pet and the impact of Blizzard's fund raiser would come much sooner than Zarhym was speaking of the whole fast patch thing.

Plus instead of a fast patch they could dev a bit more and that would raise the quality of content I see my suggestion as a win/win. Rush deving can lead to bugs and other issues. So really it's more quality of content and more urgant delivery of all monies that would be later collected from the pet without the preorder option.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/9/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/09/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Krullstone

!@#$ that
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
The Cenarion Hatchling wasn't unleashed straight away, it was released around the time people had started to forget about the Tsunami. This brought the tragedy back to peoples' minds.

It would not surprise me if that i the plan with the Cinder Kitten. a Fresh reminder further down the line has been known to cause a second surge of donations to a cause.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Cenarion Hatchling wasn't unleashed straight away, it was released around the time people had started to forget about the Tsunami. This brought the tragedy back to peoples' minds.

It would not surprise me if that i the plan with the Cinder Kitten. a Fresh reminder further down the line has been known to cause a second surge of donations to a cause.

What are you saying in the third sentence ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 06:18 AMPosted by Mælstromedos

<3

Time is money friend.

I suspect this becomes an accounting nightmare, though. US GAAP and the SEC state you cannot consider a customer's money 'yours' until the service has been completed.

At best they would have to make an estimate now of projected sales, make a donation of that amount, and hope the numbers are identical.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
With most pre order items, you are not charged until the item actually ships.

An Amazon purchase, a WoW expansion pre order, whatever. The money is not paid until the item ships.

Would you pay in advance for something with an undetermined delivery time?

And what would happen if, for some strange reason, the kitty doesn't work out and the whole thing ends up not happening? Would Blizz ask Red Cross for their money back, so they could refund you?

If you are so concerned about Red Cross getting money now, just send them a donation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You know the motives of a company by the choices and fruits of their labor.

If helping people for Sandy was really their cause they would take the time to have something up already, kitten or not. Simple as that. This is an attempt to buy moral standings with the community and gain free advertisement for a 'charitable' deed. Why do you think they are advertising something they don't have out yet for a cause that needs money right now?

It's really a sad thing to do to use peoples real tragedy as a way to gain popularity and ride the current news trend to get your name out there.

They announced the upcoming pet long before Sandy was even a thought. That says they had originally intended to use the money for the company but changed their minds and decided to donate the proceeds instead.

You're right, it does say a lot about the company!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/09/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Cloudzen
This is an attempt to buy moral standings with the community and gain free advertisement for a 'charitable' deed.

And what is so wrong with that?

It's a win-win.

Red Cross gets more money and Blizz gets some positive publicity.

(and players get a cool new pet)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
With most pre order items, you are not charged until the item actually ships.

An Amazon purchase, a WoW expansion pre order, whatever. The money is not paid until the item ships.

Would you pay in advance for something with an undetermined delivery time?

And what would happen if, for some strange reason, the kitty doesn't work out and the whole thing ends up not happening? Would Blizz ask Red Cross for their money back, so they could refund you?

If you are so concerned about Red Cross getting money now, just send them a donation.

I was thinking it would work like the MoP virtual collectors edition. It would be reserved for your account and when it was actually ready then you would virtually receive it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Time is money friend.

Nothing is stopping you from donating now if you want to. Admit it all you care about is the pet and looking good.

This isn't about me it is about the people who are going to get the pet. I think it shows your true intentions are to make this about me I'm flattered but I saw the pictured of all the damage for miles and felt terrible so I came up with this suggestion. Stop trolling on an alt it devalues the thread and quality of the forums.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/9/2012 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]