Any badass Hpallies able to lend a hand?

90 Draenei Paladin
Was told by my RL that I need to get my hps up higher (currently around 35k hps, possibly higher when blowing cds and full-on burning mana). I told them that until I get gear, I've done all the research I can, and my gear is gemmed/enchanted as best as I can manage right now. I've looked at noxxic, forums, other sites, and asked pallies in game, and somehow that doesn't satisfy her, so I need help.

Currently I primarily cast Holy Light and Holy Shock as primary spells, use WoG when it's up, LoD when necessary, and Divine Light when players are below 50% health. Divine Plea and a 45k pot regen 81k mana once per fight, with DP giving me 36k back every two mins. I used cds when appropriate to try and keep mana usage down. I was forged into mastery at 25%, but undid them for haste, bringing that from 8% to 10%, and mastery down to 21%. Spirit regen in combat (with a flask) is 9.8k.

Please inspect me, tell me what I can do better to get my hps up (without getting better gear).

P.S.... the other Hpally in the group has better gear than me and isn't quite the "cookie cutter" and we about match hps, even though he goes through mana much faster than I do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Clearly, gear is going to make a huge difference but you are aware of this so I will not go into that. But I do see several things I believe will help improve your healing even further. First of all, get rid of sacred shield, especially if you are running with a prot pally or another holy pally. Sacred shields do not stack. Go instead with eternal flame. This changes your word of glory into an amazing HOT. On some fights this is actually in my top 3 heals. Second, Get rid of Holy avenger and go instead with Divine Purpose. This proc's a lot. This will allow you to cast Word of Glory/Eternal Flame/ Light of Dawn as tho you had 3 holy power. There are times in a raid where i will get 3 to 4 divine purpose proc's in a row.. Allowing me to do some raid healing with Light of dawn like I have 3 holy power all in a row. This is a life saver in some encounters where there is heavy raid damage. Make sure you also are aware, When you do use Holy radiance, you can follow it with a Holy shock to get a great group heal. Use holy radiance sparingly as it can suck your mana down. When u do have plenty of mana tho, you can also cast it or any spell really to get an absorb out .. especially useful when you know damage is coming. Other than those tips, I have preferred to go with the mastery build. I will swap into my holy set once servers come back up from restarts but also suggest you stack as much spirit as you possibly can. Use pure spirit gems in blue spots. Int/spirit gems in red spots and in yellow can use mastry/spirit gems. I believe your mana regen is a tad low at 9k . Mine is sitting at almost 15k. ANY gear that does not have spirit .. reforge for spirit. Eat spirit food and use a spirit flask. Use your DP early so u can use it often. I suggest you change your glyphs to : Protector of the Innocent, Lay on hands (also a nice 10 percent mana potion type thing in emergency situations) and Beacon of light so you can move ur Beacon as often as needed. I notice you have a lot of gear reforged for crit.. this is by far our worst stat. It is the worst stat because it is so unreliable. Your reforging shoud be . If you are going with mastry build : Int > Spirit > Mastry > haste > Crit .. IF you are going with the haste build : Int > Spirit > Haste> Mastry > crit. Either way u never reforge into crit. Healing wise, You will have your bread and butter spells of Holy Light/Word of Glory/Holy Shock. When u have 3 holy power built up you get to choose if u want to use it with word of glory or eternal flame.. OR do you need a group heal and use Light of dawn. Use light of dawn often when there is raid damage as its free . Use Holy radiance followed by a holy shock for an awesome follow up to raid healing. Divine Light and Flash of light as needed depending on size of heal and rapidness needed.

Hope this helps. Good luck
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hi friend,

- Your spirit is really low, you should be reforging anything on your gear that has no spirit to spirit. Getting gear with spirit on it is, of course, 100% better. Your reforging should be for spirit > mastery > haste

- Your gemming is off, just use 320 spirit gems in everything, don't bother getting anything else until you feel like you can drop some off and still manage to last fights. Forget about the socket bonuses.

- You should get ANYTHING that gives you the most spirit, that includes things like enchant to chest (200 spirit over 80 stats).

- As for your glyphs, do NOT take illumination or LoD glyphs, the first one lowers your mana regen and the second one lowers your output. The only one glyph I would absolutely recommend is the 10% mana return from LoH one (glyph of divinity)

To sum up (Itemization and talents) :
1. Reforge everything into spirit OR mastery ( if the item already have spirit on it)
2. Regem everything to 320 spirit ( I think it's only your belt)
3. Get pure spirit enchants (ie: your chest)
4. Change your glyphs, anything but the illumination and LoD ones are FINE ( glyph of divinity highly recommended)
5. Assuming you're doing 10man, for talents you should pick Eternal Flame and Holy prism ( or light's hammer if everyone is stacked). I would also recommend any other talent in the 4th tier, depending on the need. Hand of Purity being very situation and fight specific, you can get a much better use out of the other 2 talents for most fights.

Gameplay :

As for the way you play, I would recommend keeping Eternal Flame up on both tanks the whole fight and holy light non-beacon tank/raid during low dmg period. Not going to get into details because I assume you know how to react to different healing situations.

Keep in mind that with a good amount of mastery (23-24%+) it's most likely going to be the spell that gives you the most effective healing in any given fight. Using LoD just to create that shield on raid members can be a good idea if you find yourself not doing much.

Good luck !
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have found myself using Flash of Light in place of Divine Light reason being is the faster cast time roughly the same mana cost for the same sized heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
@Manamontana: I was reforged/gemmed, etc into the pure mastery/spirit build, and was going through some older posts and found a pally that had gone mastery/crit (with exceptional spirit), and decided to give it a try. I will swap out talents and glyphs, and hopefully that'll help :D If not, I'll get rid of the crit lol.

@Fashionstar: I did have my gems, etc, into all spirit, and even though my regen was high, I think it hindered my ability to have decent sized heals. I do alright with mana regen, and that doesn't concern me too much at the moment.

I will definitely try Eternal Flame, I'm hearing more and more that it's a more beneficial spell, even if it does replace WoG. Thanks for the help! I'll try LFR today and see what happens! XD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/10/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Jeschaal
@Manamontana: I was reforged/gemmed, etc into the pure mastery/spirit build, and was going through some older posts and found a pally that had gone mastery/crit (with exceptional spirit), and decided to give it a try. I will swap out talents and glyphs, and hopefully that'll help :D If not, I'll get rid of the crit lol.

The key here is older posts - Crit won't really be a comparably viable stat until the end of the next tier, or into the third tier, when you can (once again) get enough of it. Right now, you really don't get enough to even bother.

Until then, Regen + Mastery is the way to go.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Haven't read every post but just in case someone didn't mention this Hand of Purity is normally a bad choice. This CD only reduces dmg from DoTs. I use clemency and while it is a little RNG I very often get 3-4 procs in a row and can spike up to 77k HPS if their is heavy aoe going on.

You don't want to always use Lights Hammer either. I would rotate this ability with Holy prism if the fight does not have major aoe phases. So like on the third boss in MSV.

Lastly you need to get more gear. Vial of Ichorous Blood is a great trinket and will give u another spirit CD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/11/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Healzbeard
Haven't read every post but just in case someone didn't mention this Hand of Purity is normally a bad choice. This CD only reduces dmg from DoTs. I use clemency and while it is a little RNG I very often get 3-4 procs in a row and can spike up to 77k HPS if their is heavy aoe going on.

What? Clemency isn't RNG at all, it's very non RNG. You're thinking of Divine Purpose which isn't on the same tier of talents as Hand of Purity so one doesn't exclude the other. Hand of Purity is very strong on both Stone Guard and Feng (at least heroic but the same DoT's are there on normal).

You don't want to always use Lights Hammer either. I would rotate this ability with Holy prism if the fight does not have major aoe phases. So like on the third boss in MSV.

How is there no aoe damage on Spiritbinder? Sure, there is no pulsing AOE but Spiritual Grasp from the spirit realm will do damage to your entire raid, and extra damage on the voodoo dolls. Holy Prism isn't a smart heal, Light's hammer will be better than Holy Prism on 99.9% of all encounters. If there really isn't any substantial AOE damage there will be heady tank damage and Execution would be better, the only fight that comes to mind is Will, but even then Light's hammer is better because of Titan Gas.

Lastly you need to get more gear. Vial of Ichorous Blood is a great trinket and will give u another spirit CD.

Vial is the worst regen trinket of all the 463 trinkets. PoP is the best, followed by Fruit Barrel and then last spot goes to Vial. If you can get a DMF trinket you should. The Pickled Egg is horrible in every possible way and the Dragonling is only good for meeting the iLvl requirments if you've been unlucky with drops. HoU from DS would provide more regen than both of those trinkets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]