What is acceptable DPS in Mogu'shan Vaults?

As people said, meters tend to be a bit screwy on this fight.

For Gara'jal, my group found that it works well to have two groups of two dps assigned to the spirit realm. They alternate (as for the healer, it's just whichever healer doesn't have Voodoo Doll), and assign other dps as backups if one of the assigned dps has Voodoo Doll. This way, you're maximizing the buff on players that dpsing the boss while still wiping out spirits.

It should be two-healed, it's MORE than doable if you manage to rotate the healers between realms. During the berserk near the end, dps should be prepared to pop defensive cooldowns to help stay alive.

Of course, we only downed him for the first time a couple of days ago, so I'm not an expert on the fight, but that's the stuff that I've been noticing. But with my 471 gear which is poorly itemized for Shadow (I main spec Holy, and so I used healing gear for dps, which gave me enough spirit that put me 7% over hit cap, though before our kill, I reforged it down to 3% over cap), I pulled around 53k dps, so 30-35k seems pretty low to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]