Hunter Mortal Strike

90 Orc Shaman
11/14/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Purebalance
Or more like terrible hunters who try to buff the wrong things in the wrong way. But you know people like you with me me me attitudes will ignore common sense when it whacks you in the face.
You've shown time and time again that you have no clue about hunter mechanics, twice in this thread alone. In fact, some of those terrible hunters know their class more than you with your common sense. This is why you get attacked. May be you should stick to the classes you actually play instead of posting in every hunter thread you see because some hunter killed you in random bgs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Or more like terrible hunters who try to buff the wrong things in the wrong way. But you know people like you with me me me attitudes will ignore common sense when it whacks you in the face.
You've shown time and time again that you have no clue about hunter mechanics, twice in this thread alone. In fact, some of those terrible hunters know their class more than you with your common sense. This is why you get attacked. May be you should stick to the classes you actually play instead of posting in every hunter thread you see because some hunter killed you in random bgs.

Pretty sure it was only once and that's not a matter of hunter mechanics it's the MS mechanic in pvp.

Maybe you should learn to count before you attack a player.

Regardless of the duration of the debuff nothing has been said in this thread to justify it being linked to a basic attack and nothing has been said to refute what I said.

1 spec of warrior can apply mortal strike without using another ability. 1 spec of hunter can do the same.

Rogues sacrifice to be able to use their mortal strike which plenty of hunters posting in this thread keep neglecting.

So what part of that is wrong? Show me how "everyone but hunters can put up a MS without losing something". The whole basis of the thread is a lie.

So you go educate yourself and stop crying about losing in a bg.

Edit:

Also let's not sit and pretend that hunters are the only class who can apply an MS effect from range.

Want it to be equal? Ok let's make aimed shot or arcane shot apply it, but only when you're in melee range. I mean this thread is about equality isn't it?
Edited by Purebalance on 11/14/2012 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/14/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Purebalance
1 spec of warrior can apply mortal strike without using another ability.

Two, actually. Wild Strike also applies the healing debuff.

No idea why, but it's there.
Edited by Obzen on 11/14/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Also let's not sit and pretend that hunters are the only class who can apply an MS effect from range.

Want it to be equal? Ok let's make aimed shot or arcane shot apply it, but only when you're in melee range. I mean this thread is about equality isn't it?

I explained early on in my post about the history of hunter's MS effect. Aimed shot used to be our MS in WotLK, back when it was an instant cast. It was later changed because Aimed was going to be MM exclusive and no longer instant cast (only with the proc). It was balanced compared to other MS classes in wrath, so why the discrepancy now? It is just another issue overlooked with the hunter class.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/14/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Obzen
1 spec of warrior can apply mortal strike without using another ability.

Two, actually. Wild Strike also applies the healing debuff.

No idea why, but it's there.

i think he meant that wild strike isn't normally used outside of a proc. plus mortal strike generates rage while wild strike costs rage.

i really don't think hunters should be arguing for their MS effect to be applied "passively." it only exacerbates the issue of the mortal strike debuff becoming an expected baseline. in which case, the debuff should be removed all together.

and giving hunters a stronger "mortal strike" than warriors would be a real slap in the face imo. (referring to the suggestion of a cooldown)

not that i would flip tables or anything if it's tacked onto arcane or anything, but i don't think that is a longterm solution.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
1 spec of warrior can apply mortal strike without using another ability. 1 spec of hunter can do the same.

Except that the "free" hunter ms comes from a pet no BM hunter uses because of the utility loss, kinda like when you where arguing about how all hunters could silence just because the gorilla had pummel.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Regardless of the duration of the debuff nothing has been said in this thread to justify it being linked to a basic attack and nothing has been said to refute what I said.

Rogues sacrifice to be able to use their mortal strike which plenty of hunters posting in this thread keep neglecting.

Okay Pure, try this out

The one hunter spec that gets it "free", gives up a utility move (i.e. Monkey Blind, Spider web) to get it, and requires the pet to land the attack in melee range (keep in mind, pets hitting a mobile target, i.e. PVP, has been a long standing problem, and KC/SB doesn't really fix it, as Basic Attacks take priority, and MB is on the GCD, so by the time it is ready, the target is moving again - admittedly, this is a hit or miss problem). Also note: the "free" attack still deals no damage, unlike the warrior version, or the rogues (auto-attack that applied it)

Now, the other two specs of hunters have to spend a GCD, resources that is actively generated by an extremely weak hitting attack (the passive amount of Focus regen is present, but you can't rely on it), all for a debuff that's only advantage when compared to the others, is the range. Rogues give up a utility, but then they don't have to do anything different to apply it. Warriors have to push a different ability to get it, but they also get some damage along with it.

Hunters, spend resources (or give up utility), spend a GCD on it (Hunter or Pet), and get no damage from it.

Edit: And neither Arcane Shot, nor Serpent Sting is a "basic attack". Basic attacks would be Auto-Shot, or pet Auto-Attack. Every other ability has a CD, Focus cost, or both.

Note about SerpSting: While the duration could be normalized between the two, nothing prevents the WV effect from being applied as part of the SerpSting cast only. The refresh mechanic doesn't have to do it, which means we still have to push a separate button to get the effect, one that costs Focus and a GCD, but we at least get some damage out of it (and not a whole lot of it).

Arcane Shot just makes it a mindless debuff we scatter around, SerpSting is almost an actual decision (except for SV and Multi-shot, but I honestly am not sure how much that gets play in Arena's. Probably more useful in BGs, but that would gives hunters a minor niche, AOE MS effect via Survival - assuming the Serpent Spread mechanic applied WV)
Edited by Verdash on 11/15/2012 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]