Lol @ thunderlord

100 Orc Death Knight
And WoW in general. Glad I hung it up finally. Just wanted to post to let everyone know what a waste of life it is. Now don't get me wrong it is a good game and if you play 1-2 hours a week for fun good for you. If you get sucked in and are logging in everyday I think you should reconsider. At the end of the day you have nothing to show for it, killing a boss and getting pixel trash is not an accomplishment and if your older than 14 and think it is, well that is just sad.

Anyway logging out for the last time felt great and it is amazing how much free time you realize you have upon doing so. Make the most of your life, wow is a huge time sink and for nothing. If you log in all the time for hours on end I hope I helped you reevaluate. For the rest of you, let the nerd rage forum assault begin.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Vex
So instead of logging into this game I enjoy and nobody forces me to play, I should pickup a better hobby, like juggling?

I'm really glad you were able to determine that wow was no longer important in your life, but to come on here saying "LOL u guys are dumb if you keep playing. Get a life!" is pretty damn ridiculous.

Those 9 years i played baseball in highschool was probably a waste since I didn't make it to the MLB right? That 6 year relationship that ended poorly...I couldn't possibly have learned anything from that right?

The game skills I've picked up in WoW couldn't have possibly translated to other games, or honed my skills in other areas, like critical thinking, social habits, or teamwork?

As an older dude who has to deal with the stress of a relationship, full-time job, bills, and keeping up with home upkeep, the fact that wow means nothing is exactly why I play - I want to escape all the bull!@#$ of IRL and smash keys til the pixels do what I want.

If you aren't having fun with the game, you definitely should quit, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt anyone cares about you leaving.

Best of luck to you in filling all that newly found free time. I recommend taking up drinking, as it makes every day an adventure!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
So instead of logging into this game I enjoy and nobody forces me to play, I should pickup a better hobby, like juggling?

I'm really glad you were able to determine that wow was no longer important in your life, but to come on here saying "LOL u guys are dumb if you keep playing. Get a life!" is pretty damn ridiculous.

Those 9 years i played baseball in highschool was probably a waste since I didn't make it to the MLB right? That 6 year relationship that ended poorly...I couldn't possibly have learned anything from that right?

The game skills I've picked up in WoW couldn't have possibly translated to other games, or honed my skills in other areas, like critical thinking, social habits, or teamwork?

As an older dude who has to deal with the stress of a relationship, full-time job, bills, and keeping up with home upkeep, the fact that wow means nothing is exactly why I play - I want to escape all the bull!@#$ of IRL and smash keys til the pixels do what I want.

If you aren't having fun with the game, you definitely should quit, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt anyone cares about you leaving.

Best of luck to you in filling all that newly found free time. I recommend taking up drinking, as it makes every day an adventure!

You played baseball for 9 years in high school? o.O
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Vex
Lol...you got me.

Whatever...hopefully people know what I meant =P

Although I did read that in the voice of Happy Gilmore...

"You eat pieces of !@#$ for breakfast?"
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Vex
He was a slower learner but coach loved the kid's moxie!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sounds like OP has some issues. Good luck dude, just remember that suicide is not the answer. Poor guy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
And WoW in general. Glad I hung it up finally. Just wanted to post to let everyone know what a waste of life it is. Now don't get me wrong it is a good game and if you play 1-2 hours a week for fun good for you. If you get sucked in and are logging in everyday I think you should reconsider. At the end of the day you have nothing to show for it, killing a boss and getting pixel trash is not an accomplishment and if your older than 14 and think it is, well that is just sad.

Anyway logging out for the last time felt great and it is amazing how much free time you realize you have upon doing so. Make the most of your life, wow is a huge time sink and for nothing. If you log in all the time for hours on end I hope I helped you reevaluate. For the rest of you, let the nerd rage forum assault begin.

Newsflash, quitting WoW for another timesink video game like Learn Racial Slurs from Kids isn't an improvement.

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_398_if-video-game-covers-were-honest_p29/#8 (for those of you wondering about the reference)
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Warrior

It's funny how much comes out about a person when they're under the assumption everyone is like them.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Rangmar
Anyway logging out for the last time felt great and it is amazing how much free time you realize you have upon doing so.

This is assuming they've changed policy so that you can still post to the forums without an active account? Assuming you did actually quit the game, is it because your guild transferred last week and you were pissed off to be asked to pay to transfer?

11/14/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Partydown

Even more expensive hobby and a quicker way to repel women!

11/14/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Methusulä
You played baseball for 9 years in high school? o.O

Beat me to it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
maby
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Is that you dark? I remember being in Vicíous from my early days playing in cata. Those were some good times and i'm sorry to see you and the guild leave.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Well... Bye.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]