The Pet Battle Area is Obstructed

THEN WHY DID YOU EVEN SPAWN HERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Blizzard, can we please get a fix for this. It's just frustrating looking for pets and being unable to battle one just because it spawned too close to a tree, or a couple of rocks, or a wall.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Agree this is very annoying.

A few tricks I learned that often helps:

Bind a key to "interact" and run circles around the pet while spamming the key. Sometimes this works on its own.

Perform a hostile effect or taunt that does 0 damage (I use fairie fire on a druid) and chase it around until the combat drops (or shadowmeld), then spam interact before it runs back to the obstructed area.

Certainly not foolproof but I'd estimate I have 70-75% success.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I noticed this for the first time last night :O I just figured I was doing it wrong since I'm still a pet battle noobie ;p I just ran around the Frog in circles spamming the guy. He eventually let me fight him :)

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
I noticed this for the first time last night :O I just figured I was doing it wrong since I'm still a pet battle noobie ;p I just ran around the Frog in circles spamming the guy. He eventually let me fight him :)

♥ Aune

I try that but, oy, it's just such a hassle. Granted, it's not as bad as it was on the Beta (in Elwynn Forest there was a rat that spawned in a barn on one of the farms, in the middle, with plenty of room, and it STILL came up with Pet Battle Area is Obstructed) but it's still annoying. Especially when it's a pet I don't have.
mfw it happens- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_RmSJxtUE

Agree this is very annoying.

A few tricks I learned that often helps:

Bind a key to "interact" and run circles around the pet while spamming the key. Sometimes this works on its own.

Perform a hostile effect or taunt that does 0 damage (I use fairie fire on a druid) and chase it around until the combat drops (or shadowmeld), then spam interact before it runs back to the obstructed area.

Rather creative solution.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
So has anyone even successfully initiated a pet battle in the UC throne room?

As far as I've noticed the entire hall + room is a "no-battle" zone.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I just kill the pet in the obstructed area. They will battle my pets, or they will face me! There is no obstructed arena that can protect them from my wrath.

The Summit Kids were an especially annoying pet to battle and capture. Seemed that better than half of them were on a slope with no room to accommodate a pet battle.

Then there's the fact that the blood knight pet-battle master in Outland stands under a rock where I can't initiate combat with him. It's like Blizzard's trolling me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This has happened to me a grand total of 1 time, and I moved over a little and then it was fine... Clearly, this is a major problem.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
10/26/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Xvi
This has happened to me a grand total of 1 time, and I moved over a little and then it was fine... Clearly, this is a major problem.

You've met the problem once. Congrats.

The rest of us aren't so lucky. Spawning pets in areas where it's impossible to initiate battles with them happens to be an actual problem. But I thank you for your wonderful contribution to the thread.
Edited by Deatherknite on 10/26/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
First off as a player why do I have to figure out which way to point to have a battle. Why place pet in locations that you can't access in a battle pet mode. Why not when you select the pet to fight/battle move it to an arena location or something...solves obstruction. How much do I get paid for that because obviously the programers aren't worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As if they always show pretty pet battles when they're unobstructed. You're allowed to clip through a tree or whatever, i don't mind.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Renshaw

A C-/C is always better then an F.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"I do one of two things, when this happens. get right on top of the pet I am trying to battle. If that fails, I just kill it, and let it re-spawn at another spot."
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
they need some sort of lure that lures the pet to where u want them to go.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Two years on, and it's the same old crap.

"The Pet Battle Area is Obstructed"

Really frustrating, in some cases, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I manage to encounter this every time I do the Erris daily. I inevitably try to initiate the battle while slightly to the side of her, and it always gives me this message. Move 1/2 an inch to the left and it's good. Mildly annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]