Heirloom plate with intellect?

90 Undead Priest
Is there only the shoulders? Or am I missing something?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just the shoulders; it is a major oversight on Blizz's part frankly, every other spec for every other armor type has available healing gear, only Hpallies are left out in the cold.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've thought about it a bit, and honestly I wish they would combine all the heirloom sets down into only four sets: STR tanking, STR DPS, Agility, and Intellect. Then apply the armor type upgrade mechanic, which is already active on the mail and plate heirlooms, to all four sets. This would allow the armor to upgrade to whatever your character's highest usable armor type.

So Priests, Warlocks and Mages would buy the INT set and it stays cloth.
Rogues would buy the AGI set, Druids and Monks would buy the AGI and INT sets, and they would be leather.
Hunters would get the AGI set, Shaman would get the AGI and INT sets, which would start as leather and upgrade to mail.
Warriors and DKS would get the STR Tank and STR DPS sets, Paladins would get the STR Tank, STR DPS and INT sets, all of which would start as mail, and then upgrade to plate.

This would allow paladins their healing heirlooms, but the big impact would be the reduction in the overall number of heirlooms. That's something I think players and Blizzard alike would appreciate.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've thought about it a bit, and honestly I wish they would combine all the heirloom sets down into only four sets: STR tanking, STR DPS, Agility, and Intellect. Then apply the armor type upgrade mechanic, which is already active on the mail and plate heirlooms, to all four sets. This would allow the armor to upgrade to whatever your character's highest usable armor type.

Rogues would buy the AGI set, Druids and Monks would buy the AGI and INT sets, and they would be leather.
Hunters would get the AGI set, Shaman would get the AGI and INT sets, which would start as leather and upgrade to mail.
Warriors and DKS would get the STR Tank and STR DPS sets, Paladins would get the STR Tank, STR DPS and INT sets, all of which would start as mail, and then upgrade to plate.

This would allow paladins their healing heirlooms, but the big impact would be the reduction in the overall number of heirlooms. That's something I think players and Blizzard alike would appreciate.

Hopefully they fix it first - I have 2 Int mail chests, because one of them didn't re-downgrade back to Leather, like it should have.

Riôt
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I just use 3 sets

Int Cloth
Agi Leather
Str Plate

Works well enough for every class/spec in my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally would like to see the holy palli heirlooms introduced to the game. I would love that at lvl 50 I would get the plate bonus for holy pallis with out loosing int or xp bonus.

Another thing that should be introduced are the shields for tanking and healing... A caster healer only has to equip a staff and be done with it, but pallis are the only healing class that can not equip a staff and only have a 1h weapon that grants about half of what the staff grants, the holy palli is left out.

With things left as they are, people would choose to lvl any spec for palli except holy just because they don't have the ability to have proper gear. This would also include the bags rewarded from doing the random dungeons while lvlings. How many of the items are actually for casters? Most of it comes out as dps gear and very few for tank gear and even less for healing gear. The bags should be just like the new quests. It rewards your current spec when you open the bag, or atleast be able to choose what item set you would like from it. For example, if it says shoulders you should be able to choose the tanking, dps or holy shoulders.
Edited by Riaka on 1/29/2013 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just use the str plate on my Paladin. Soloing's a lot easier as Prot or Ret, and healing is so easy that you could do a whole instance in strength gear as Holy and not really suffer that much, even in WotLK instances. A couple of str heirlooms aren't going to really mess with your healing that much until you hit the higher levels, at which point heirlooms don't work anyway.

I mean, it's still an annoying oversight, but one that's not a huge deal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just use the mail intel heirlooms.

You wont get the 5% buff, but the heirlooms are so good anyways if your only goal is to level faster it wont make much of a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

You wont get the 5% buff, but the heirlooms are so good anyways if your only goal is to level faster it wont make much of a difference.

Its not to lvl faster. Its to learn my class while I lvl. I have never played a holy pally before a few weeks ago. I have always played prot or ret and never above lvl 40. Something always got to me and ended up deleting them. I chose to go holy this time around and I find that I enjoy the holy palli. I would like to see the heirlooms to get included into the game not for the palli I am lvling now but to have them for other plate classes that may use int for expacs further down the road.

I am under no impression that this post would have any impact in the near future what so ever let alone be read by a blizz employee with out at least 100 posts on it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Someone else posted this in another thread, but there will be a tank shield, a heal shield, and an int offhand item BOA in next patch. Did not say what they get unlocked with though.

I like the armor upgrade idea though, genius, that.
Reply Quote
Considering they only work til 80 I never saw that point of buying leather/mail/plate intel items...just buy and use the cloth and then you can use them again for any int using class you choose to level later. That 5% really isn't a big deal between 50 and 80 particularly considering the advantage you have in stats using looms.

Bought a full set of cloth int boa not long after they were released...I think I'm on my 11th toon being leveled with the same gear now and they're from all diff armor classes.
Edited by Feyranna on 1/29/2013 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Its not to lvl faster. Its to learn my class while I lvl.

You need to wear plate to learn the class while you level? Pretty sure the point of heirloom was to level faster...

Like someone said earlier, all you really need is the Dreadmist for int based, Shadowcraft for agi based, and Polished for str based.

Most of the items only get you to 80, some to 85. If you're basing it off the 5% bonus to your main stat, then you should be wearing that armor type. However, if you are interested in having 45% increase to xp, then you should wear heirlooms.

I'll wear the Dreadmist set with staff and all on my alt shaman and monk.

http://tinyurl.com/c27w862
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Its not to lvl faster. Its to learn my class while I lvl. I have never played a holy pally before a few weeks ago. I have always played prot or ret and never above lvl 40. Something always got to me and ended up deleting them. I chose to go holy this time around and I find that I enjoy the holy palli. I would like to see the heirlooms to get included into the game not for the palli I am lvling now but to have them for other plate classes that may use int for expacs further down the road.

I am under no impression that this post would have any impact in the near future what so ever let alone be read by a blizz employee with out at least 100 posts on it.

I absolutely agree that their should be Int heirlooms. However, if you want to learn your class as you level, it's perfectly fine to use either the Strength plate set or the Int mail set for healing dungeons while leveling. (I would go with the Int mail set unless you do a lot of questing and can only afford one heirloom set.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I feel bad for the people that didn't buy all the heirlooms available for purchase with JP back during Cata. I had so much excess JP that I ended up buying all the heirlooms, even if I didn't need them. Too bad I can't mail them to another realm.
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Paladin
don't forget the mace and helm that have intel on them. With just those three BoA pieces, plus the gear that drops while running dungeons, I dont think I have ever run out of mana....yet.

You will be blowing through the levels so fast, it really isnt necessary to focus on the all plate bonus. If it's an intel or spirit upgrade, grab it if noone else needs it. I think I flew through 4 levels in about 2 hours last night, simply running random dungeons. Probably not the fastest in the world, but certainly no need to waste time hunting level appropriate gear.

Thank God I am finally in outland and out of Black Rock Spire and Black Rock Depths. **shudders**
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Its not to lvl faster. Its to learn my class while I lvl.

You need to wear plate to learn the class while you level? Pretty sure the point of heirloom was to level faster...

Like someone said earlier, all you really need is the Dreadmist for int based, Shadowcraft for agi based, and Polished for str based.

Most of the items only get you to 80, some to 85. If you're basing it off the 5% bonus to your main stat, then you should be wearing that armor type. However, if you are interested in having 45% increase to xp, then you should wear heirlooms.

I'll wear the Dreadmist set with staff and all on my alt shaman and monk.

http://tinyurl.com/c27w862

I wasn't saying that I need all of the plate gear to have int to learn my class, I was saying that I don't lvl as any other spec because I plan on playing the holy palli and need to learn the spec of the class extensively if I am going to be any good on him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Trust me, for the love of god. Buy the green MoP gear and go prot or ret except for dungeons in MoP. It is the most absurdly difficult and painful experience i went through to level my pally in holy on Pandaland.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I don't know why they don't just make 3 heirlooms sets: 1 for cloth, 1 for leather and 1 for plate. The stats grow with the character so why not have the stats determined by your current spec? They should be able to do that easy enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/30/2013 03:08 AMPosted by Baohuzhe
I don't know why they don't just make 3 heirlooms sets: 1 for cloth, 1 for leather and 1 for plate. The stats grow with the character so why not have the stats determined by your current spec? They should be able to do that easy enough.

This is what I was thinking, have the stats determined by spec.

It would solve the problem of creating new set pieces for every spec except hpally.

And I also use the mail set for pally heals, since the plate, well, it just doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
For paladin healing heirlooms you aught to use Preened Ironfeather bits. for the lulz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]