what is ddosing

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
ive been seing this term all around what does is it mean?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Denial of Service attack. It's when you flood an ip address with pings, overloading the address causing the connection to crash.
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Distributed Denial of Service attack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDOS#Distributed_attack

It's something that's impossible to do without knowing the IP address of a potential victim. Pertinent to recent conversations... that information cannot be obtained from, for example, playing on an MMO server.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
90 Pandaren Monk
It's a way for poor players to get ahead and provide the illusion that they don't suck.

Not to mention it's illegal.
It's a way for poor players to get ahead and provide the illusion that they don't suck.

That is very wrong. Wrong on how you mentioned for why it's used. Not the illegal part.
Edited by Michaèlk on 11/1/2012 10:01 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk

That is very wrong. Wrong on how you mentioned for why it's used. Not the illegal part.

Oh I know. I was playing around with the first line, since I'd just read about a group of players who utilize DDoS attacks in order to win. What better way to win than to ensure your opponent cannot do anything, right?

At any rate, it's something jerks do just to cause trouble. They suck. :)
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Call your ISP if you think you are a victim of a DDoS attack. They have the logs and information needed for the police. There is really nothing that Blizzard can do about it, since they don't get your IP address from the game.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/01/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Ungala
WHAT?!?!! GIRLS DON'T PLAY WOW!!! Lol but fixed my OP, and sowwy =P

/giggle
85 Draenei Mage
You can get that info easy if you are a ventrillo moderator and they log into your server however.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]