Raid "Hot Fixes"!

89 Night Elf Rogue
I'm so happy for the raid "Hot Fixes" this week! Who else is happy??
Edited by Onystep on 11/2/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Ehh. I still think we could have got Garalon before they added that minute to enrage. 3% wipe hurts.

Other than that, should be fun considering the last 3 bosses (of HoF) weren't nerfed and we get to see them. Heroic Gara'jal will be very close this week, if not a kill :3

Edit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/photos/sausage-spaghetti.jpg
Edited by Theappfan on 11/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
grats
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Rogue
I take it you're happy too! Let me fix "nerfs" to "hot Fix" for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
well, some were nerfs and some were hotfixes.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Rogue
Flippity Floppity
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
nah, for example the enrage timer on garalon is a nerf, whereas as a blue has stated the jasper chains change was a hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/02/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Spacejam
nah, for example the enrage timer on garalon is a nerf, whereas as a blue has stated the jasper chains change was a hotfix.

Because Heroic Stone Guard was unkillable before that hotfix.... oh wait.

Also, my example of a nerf would be making normal mode Gara'jal lose about 40M health after the first week, even though he was killable by many before the nerf. The difference in a nerf and a hotfix to me is how many guilds can kill the boss. If a lot of guilds can kill the boss, then it's a nerf. If many guilds, especially higher-end guilds, can not down a boss, then it's a hotfix.

Edit: What you consider nerfs to Garalon, are actually hotfixes. Blizzard post:
Ultimately, both of these hotfixes were intended to bring the DPS requirement down to an appropriate level for a Normal mode encounter halfway through the zone. Normal mode encounters should be reasonably beatable using available Normal mode gear; we were seeing Heroic-caliber guilds with a significant number of ilvl 502 items (from Heroic Mogu’shan, and more powerful than the handful of 496 epics available from the first two bosses of Heart of Fear) struggling to meet the berserk timer on the fight.
Edited by Theappfan on 11/2/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well I'm glad the garalon nerf helped your guild kill it after a night of wiping.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/03/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Spacejam
Well I'm glad the garalon nerf helped your guild kill it after a night of wiping.

And I'm glad your group finally decided to down an easy heroic boss. Only took you 4 weeks to get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And I'm glad that I'm still enjoying this game with a wonderful community full of friendship and understanding!

Yeah!

powerofheartlovecourageandfriendship
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
11/03/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Theappfan

And I'm glad your group finally decided to down an easy heroic boss. Only took you 4 weeks to get it.

Yeah, going in there and wiping on stone guards for 4 weeks straight really wore us out.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Rogue
Spacejam no need to get irrational and make sarcastic comments on how hard/easy a boss is that you have not even seen yet.

App had a legitimate point it was a Hotfix, if you're mad bc he called you out on it and provided facts I'm sorry. I had no idea you would act like such a child over it.
Edited by Onystep on 11/3/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was pretty sure a hotfix was defined as something they applied to the servers without having to bring the servers down. A nerf being something that makes content easier.

A nerf can also be a hotfix. You could argue that hotfix means they fixed something, but generally it is the term used to describe something changed without having to bring the game servers down.

Yeah, it sucks to lose raid time because Blizzard didn't tune properly or fat fingered the wrong integers into a raid boss, but that's always been the risk of raiding early in the week. As they have clarified and updated their position thanks to Camirex's blue response, they obviously are okay with nerfing raid content via hotfixes (see how that works?) when it is normal modes.

A few years ago you would be lucky to even login on patch Tuesdays. Raiding? Good joke server's might be up and stable by 9pm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This thread reminds me of a typical teenage girls facebook post.

Step 1. - Generally post about how you are upset/been cheated/been wronged.

Step 2A. - Wait for friends to post giving you words of encouragement or say 'there there' (if this doesnt happen see step 2b)

Step 2B - If people post in ANY other way that you do not find makes you feel better or reinforce the idea that you were wronged, go on the offensive. Attack Attack Attack, then after each side has fired a few shots ... this is the key part ... try to say something that will make you seem like the better person, one easy way is to call them a child. Doesn't matter that the original post was written like a 3 year old, you know damn well you aren't and they are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is this your own private message board? I think not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When did I insult you? And this entire thread has nothing to do with anyone, that was the whole point of my post. Don't post on general forums/areas about how you are upset/frustrated if you don't want people to comment on them.

I'll be happy to teach you not to post useless 'qq woe is me' threads anytime Ony, but I feel as if you already know how to not post them, just want to post anyways.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Rogue
I'm so happy for the raid "Hot Fixes" this week! Who else is happy??

Sounds like I am...

11/03/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Marchand
upset/frustrated

and also...

11/03/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Marchand
qq woe is me

Edit: I liked Mods post it had something to do with the subject. It wasn't like this guys post, no one cares if you have teenage girls on your facebook and how posts from the ravencrest forums reminds you of them.
Edited by Onystep on 11/3/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]