So, uh. Hi.

If you don't know me, feel free to close this out.

To those that may, uh. Hi. How goes things?

I've been dealing with a couple extremely serious health issues, and then some RL issues that cropped up as a result of that over the last eight months or so.

The good news is that I'm alive. I'm sure I had some of you worried that it was not the case, and I apologize for dropping off the face of the world. That ties into some of the RL issues, and I'll talk with you guys later about it.

More good news is that... I'm in a position where I should have reliable internet access, starting Monday or so. Tuesday at the latest. This means I can possibly start playing this game once more.

The bad news is... you know how bad I was at this game initially? I'm going to be far worse now.

More bad news - my computer is even worse, too.

But... I think the good outweighs the bad, and I both miss the game, and the people.

So, who is still playing?

I know the vast majority of the Pollo raid core has likely quit, but is there anyone left?

Is the game worth coming back for, or is it only worth doing so for the people, as it has always been?

(My cell is reactivated, and I'll be in touch with you guys. You know who you are. But it's extremely hard for me to type on that these days.)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well, color me shocked.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lots of questions up there, lessee.

Yarr still plays a little bit. I personally haven't picked it up yet, been busy and there's almost nobody left. Kromm's raiding with SKey, sorta (So I hear, anyway). Cat's still around. Uh, as far as I know that's it.
Edited by Riffenstien on 11/3/2012 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Hello! It's very good to hear from you.

I really don't believe your computer is somehow worse. I know worse computers exist, but unless you're playing on a Mac or found a way to make a Ti-86 calculator run WoW I don't think that'll happen.

I think the game is pretty fun, or at least what I've seen in Mists restored the will to play that Dragon Soul took away from me. A lot of the expansion stuff (wether you want to raid or not) is gated behind reputations, the only real method of which involves daily grinding, so that might be bad. There's a lot of "casual" things to do, if nothing else. DK mechanics are almost 10000% better designed for every spec, blood especially. I don't know what actual raiding is like, but I guess people do it so it can't be terrible. Maybe I should look into guilds again, hrm.

Most people that were in Pollo are straight up done with the game. Stabs is around, Balatro obviously is around. Word of your return will probably spread among the people still around, so it's definitely great to have some news.

p.s. you suck a little for being out of contact
Edited by Yarrthas on 11/3/2012 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Death Knight
Greeting Sir Voxxington =)

Welcome back to good ol' Madoran =) Yes, I have to agree with Yarrthas on many points, while the DK stuff is certainly better (especially Blood) this expansion, the quality of MoP vs Cata is also pretty huge as well... as in much, much better.

I also despised Dragon Soul, and had it not been for my guild and guildies, I likely would not have been back to WoW, but MoP is a pretty magical expansion and is very, very good in a ton of ways. Blizz really did well on this one. Whether one's favorite was BC or Wrath, which seems to be the most common, it's almost unanimous from those I know that this expansion is felt to be among the best of WoW.

If you buy MoP I'm sure you will enjoy the new content, as well as us Madoran-ers again... Like Yarrthas said, there is some rep grind, but most decent raiders could really bypass rep gear when all is said and done anyway.

Welcome back =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Glad you're okay.

As far as Pollo is concerned - Yarr is still here, E is, Rec, and the occasional other signs in from time to time.

Most things are gated as Yarr said -- getting to 90 is easy and a reasonably large enough of the realm was 90 within 72 hours and into heroic dungeons.

However beyond that, it drops off drastically -- faction rewards/upgrades are gated behind reputations though some of the pain was removed when they removed the reputation requirement on rep vendors for V/J P tokens. You won't be wearing a tabard to get these reputations, you'll be doing weeks of dailies which isn't bad for some -- they're easy and a steady source of income.

LFR is LFR but beyond a group committing an act of mind-blowing idiocy, you can AFK through most of it.

Other than that, Tolero is the new Pollo and they're doing a great job.
Reply Quote
I should be up and running by Tuesday.

Talked Riff into playing again, too.

Will be strange being a casual - especially considering how much I loathe dailies and rep grinds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Holy !@#$ Voxx, glad to see you're alright.
I still see a few people from Pollo online. Like Riff said, Kromm is raiding with SKey and Stabs is raiding with Sad Panda on his mage. I'm healing for Tolero (stuck on my druid for another expanion QQ) and Pain and Suffering is back, raiding casually. As far as MoP, so far it is much better than Cata and there's always things to do. The raiding content is much better than DS or FL, I think they tried to remake T11. LFR is still terrible, and the mechanics are too hard! Great to see you back :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Heya Voxx!! good to see your ok:) see ya in game soon!

"talked Riff into playing again, too" <---- Epic!! :)
Edited by Maetche on 11/4/2012 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Welcome back, Voxx! Glad to see you around and well. =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Oh, on another note: Balatro, you unintentionally amuse me.

11/03/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Balatro
V/J P tokens

Say it out loud.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey Voxx!

Great to hear from you again man, you just dropped off the face of the earth for a while there.

I'm (sort of) around (not really). I might level up to 90 when I have more free time or something.

But yea, good to see you doing well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Eh, I remember you being a good mage. If the itch to raid ever comes back to you, let me know. GC can always use good derps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I misseded you

Glad you are ok <3
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
glad to see your ok man
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Good to hear from ya Voxx !!! I just started playing again recently, sadly fort is mostly empty now Yar hit the button as far as MOP goes, dont get to see anyone around anymore, I'm glad all is well w/ you... and welcome back =)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I just started playing again Voxxy-poo.... logon.... we can figure out how to tweak mage DPS to magemasmic proportions
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
FINE THEN FUQ Q2 HATER!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]