hmm?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm capped at 10 Elder Charms and I keep handing in Lessers no matter what. That 45 gold is useful :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
heyyyyyy... it's only 12 dailes/day/week to get your 90 coins for the Tuesday reset!

I mean isn't it worth doing a mind numbing task over and over and over and over for an hour or 2 each day worth it?

Besides it's not like there's anything else to do in the game right? Crafting stuff doesn't need time to farm mats because well if you don't grind the rep you can't get the patterns anyway so back to dailies. Grind dungeons for VP? Nah... dailies for rep in order to use them for anything. Besides you don't need access to that gear because RNG is extremely generous to everyone...

12 LFR kills 18 Scenarios and 3 coins on one of my alts and not ONE drop... gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold and more GOLD! Me thinks something is broke.

tired... going to bed. I wonder if I have enough rep with my wife to use the extra pillow or maybe get a little more of the blanket tonight.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
"Force" implies that there will be negative consequences if one does not do the dailies.

Lack of positive consequences is not the same thing as negative consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/05/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Drakinn
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

This mentality just needs to go away.

Nobody is "forced" into doing dailies. Those coins are optional for a chance at an extra piece of gear from any given boss's loot table.

Outside of that, dailies aren't required for gearing up either. You can find many examples of people recounting that they're doing just fine using the gear from heroics and LFR.

Does the gear from the factions attached to dailies help? Sure it does and you may have decided that, for you, it's necessary. That is however your choice and it by no means implicates the system is "forced" upon us all.

I think the only thing you could say that's "forced" upon people insofar as dailies are concerned is buying the various profession recipes offered by them. Then again, you could just as easily argue that you don't have to buy them. You could instead just have the piece of gear crafted by someone else who already has the pattern and then pay them for it.
Edited by Direbane on 11/5/2012 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nope.

Sorry but no one is "Forcing" you to go for an extra roll on anything.

BTW, Why does it seem like the only people who QQ about this sort of thing don't even raid. Like the OP for example.....
Edited by Calthos on 11/5/2012 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You get 2 per daily so if you want the elder charms that would be 45 dailies a week or about 7 dailies a day.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
lol i hear yah bro its just getting old blizz puts stuff in like the Elder Coins for extra roll or some stuff.. Its just a waist of time to even care about them because you just get a nother chest of gold every week so.. Who cares about a extra roll for more gold what if you dont need gold? i know u always need gold but jesus am actually getting tired of getting gold for once..
Reply Quote
Community Manager

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O
Reply Quote
18 Gnome Warlock

You are not forced. The only thing you are forced to do is to sing in to play and create character other than that everything is up to you. Elder Charms are not needed thus, dailies are not needed. Learn some logic before posting this garbage again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
welcome to the grind expansion
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

30 seconds ago

I LIKE BUBBLES TOO!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol ok the point is everyone dont wanna do dailys all day every dam day : ) kk thanks. i dont mind grinding rep dont get me wrong gives me something to do... but having to do dailys to gain the rep is load of crap. tabard ftw.. gg.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/05/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Drakinn
lol i hear yah bro its just getting old blizz puts stuff in like the Elder Coins for extra roll or some stuff.. Its just a waist of time to even care about them because you just get a nother chest of gold every week so.. Who cares about a extra roll for more gold what if you dont need gold? i know u always need gold but jesus am actually getting tired of getting gold for once..

Alrighty, I think we're done here since you're clearly lost at this point.

Comparing your two statements leads me to believe you're either upset for entirely different reasons than your first post implied, or you don't know why you're upset at all.

First it's that the dailies are allegedly "forced" upon you (for coins), then your complaint is the coins are only yielding gold instead of more gear and not worth even caring about.

Which is it?
Edited by Direbane on 11/5/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The charms do feel like they're designed to coerce raiders into solo content. Why else would you have solo content reward charms that are exclusively usable in raids?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Dailys= Lose Elder Coins= Lose Just getting gold = Lose. :) how the hell you suppose to gear up if no gear drops? :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Drakinn
Dailys= Lose Elder Coins= Lose Just getting gold = Lose. :) how the hell you suppose to gear up if no gear drops? :D

Because you get everything you always wanted in a normal raiding experience anyway!

Oh wait. RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

They are getting snarky because the playerbase is getting more stupid and whiny by the day. Heck, I love Blizzard snark. It is among the best snark you'll find anywhere on the boards and I always give them a thumbs up when I see it.

Bout time the devs and reps start telling the whiny players how it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]