hmm?

90 Draenei Hunter
11/05/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Rosenivy
What about those of us who have been good little hamsters running your daily treadmill but loathe the idea of doing that grind multiple times on alts?

Once you get revered on one toon your others get boosted rep points. The Pug Blue posted on that issue.

Yea but you have to buy an item to get it, for an as of yet undisclosed sum of gold, which my broke butt probably can't afford. I seem to stay broke in all the games I play, it's a good thing i let my wife manage the finances at home XD
Reply Quote
I log on a couple of days a week. I do dailies when I can. I raid(when I make it home early enough). I do arena.
Basically what I am getting at is that you can do all of these things with out spending a load of time playing the game. I may not get as much accomplished as I would like but it is possible to do end game content with out doing dailies every day.
P.s. Those bonus rolls net you 28g 90% of the time, anyway. You don't need them. I promise.
edit: I want to point out that my numbers are 100% made up.
Edited by Mowg on 11/5/2012 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
11/05/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Tatianaz
Total waste of charms

I feel the same way about lottery tickets... but I can't blame Blizzard when I buy one. The fact that you are getting loot at all when you hit the "bonus roll", and complaining about it, amazes me. So far, all I have gotten for hitting that bonus is gold... and I'm not sure if that was extra gold or just the gold I would have recieved anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
What about those of us who have been good little hamsters running your daily treadmill but loathe the idea of doing that grind multiple times on alts?

Once you get revered on one toon your others get boosted rep points. The Pug Blue posted on that issue.

That doesnt help at all as I mentioned in my post which it seems you did not read fully.

What good does doubling rep gains do for me if I cannot stomach doing the daily grind a second or third or more times? It does me no good at all. That bonus may as well not exist for me. It doesnt help me.

The problem is not the speed at which I gain rep.

The problem is that dailies are my only method to gain rep.

I psychologically cannot bring myself to do those grinds again on another character let alone try to do them on all of my characters. I have 4 90's right now with 6 85's I've decided its not worth it to level because I can't do squat with them at 90 beyond run dungeons for 463 gear and gain valor I can't spend. And spare me the "upgrade your gear with valor" talking point cause we don't even know for sure that a) its going to actually go live with 5.1, b) if it does we don't know whats required to access it and c) even if there's no unlock required that doesn't address the issue of profession recipes.
Edited by Kyriani on 11/5/2012 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Im happy to do dailies and work towards gear and use charms and rep.
However No offense but i think i preferred the trade/ninjas over the stupidty of charms.
Did Sha today won gloves then it popped asking if wanted to use bonus roll i did hey another pair of gloves so 2 pairs of gloves with ones equipped already all the same GG.

Same rubbish happens in Lfr get same gear already have. Total waste of charms yes definately prefer a trade system and the annoying loot ninjas least i knew what i was rolling on.

I would admit that they need to address these concerns, however, that's not even the subject of the OP. He's talking about methods of obtaining coins, not the absurdity of winning the same item 3 times in a row.

Except the issue with the same loot dropping, is nothing new really if you think about it. I remeber in wrath, so much shaman teir tokens dropped (and we had one guy that could use them) that he geared enough for a TRI spec. It was crazy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Agreed. Respond to a frustrated player by poking fun... nice management.
-50DKP for World of Dailies from me.

He's a CM responding to a player who wasn't acting very professional. After days of seeing posts by people, trying their hardest to convince people that "dailies are forced on everyone". Poking holes into you alls "forced" theory, in a language you understand and speak fluently, was very appropriate.

He even told you theorists how to manage your time better... I would think a thank you is the correct response.

=D

I think what should be taken out of the responses of those players frustrated at the CMs response is the standard of discourse that is being set, through said CM, in threads like this.

A CM is blizzards representative on these forums and the closest we come to hearing/seeing information straight from "the horses mouth". Now the wow forums are at times very cynical and baiting/trolling can be rife, but for a CM to come into a thread (one that didn't dignify a response) and basically condone certain behaviours through both the language he used and the context he used it in is quite disgraceful and reflects pretty poorly on both blizzard and the CM team.

It is up to the CM, not the players, to set the standard when it comes to meaningful debate and conversation. Showing otherwise further condones bad behaviour and meaningless posts in this thread and others all over general.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Look, theres nothing wrong with having the coins on the dailies in and of itself, I realize something has to be done to earn them, and dailies are as good a thing as any. The only thing I will complain about is saying that no one has to do dailies, which is the current blizzard line. The logic behind this is essentially the same logic behind saying you don't have to play the game.

Dailies are currently ESSENTIAL for many of us to be able to do what we actually want to do. In order to raid properly, we MUST do dailies. The problem is that they have absolutely nothing to do with raiding in any form except by their rewards. They should be a completely separate aspect of the game but they are being too heavily tied together with raiding. Let the dailies exist for rewards that do NOT tie directly to raiding or PvP (EG mounts, tabards, xmogs etc), and no one will feel like they have to complete them.

It's fine to tie group content in with raiding. 5mans have always been required to raid, at least for starting out. The idea of starting with groups and then growing into raids flows logically. Solo content does not.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

It is also called "Double-Dipping".

Why should you raid, get drops from boss kills -AND- be able to BUY purples at the same time with zero extra effort?

Why even have a world outside of Stormwind City or Orgrimmar (or 7S/2M)? Why not make the entire game played by the Queue system like it was during Cataclysm?

Because it is freaking boring, that's why.

I'm not terribly interested in Valor purples, and I'm not interested in extra rewards without extra effort. I'm okay with the daily system: I don't like them, I don't do a lot of them, and I don't care that I'm not earning the rewards tied to them. I simply want the rewards specifically for raids to be tied specifically to raiding.

In what way are the Valor points tailored specifically towards raiding?

Explain that to me.

You can trade in valor for conquest points. Thus PvPers get a nice reward from valor points. Valor gear is useful in challenge mode dungeons as well as improving your character for the sake of solo play. Thus they are useful for you outside of raiding in PvE content as well.

The rewards are simply rewards, the points are simply points. How you use them is ENTIRELY up to you. If you want the rewards off the rep vendors though, you have to earn the rep required to buy them. This isn't a hard concept to understand, nor is it an unfair concept for the player.

Valor points are EXTRA rewards on top of justice points, gold and gear for running heroics.

Valor points are EXTRA rewards on top of lesser charms and rep for doing dailies.

You can use the points however you want. If you have the rep you can use them to buy the rep gear. If you don't well then you can still use them for the PvP gear.
Edited by Vindicare on 11/5/2012 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Look out! Zarhym posted a wall of text!

Look how the whiners begin to twist and/or find meaning between every word to mount their argument!

/popcorn

I think what should be taken out of the responses of those players frustrated at the CMs response is the standard of discourse that is being set, through said CM, in threads like this.

A CM is blizzards representative on these forums and the closest we come to hearing/seeing information straight from "the horses mouth". Now the wow forums are at times very cynical and baiting/trolling can be rife, but for a CM to come into a thread (one that didn't dignify a response) and basically condone certain behaviours through both the language he used and the context he used it in is quite disgraceful and reflects pretty poorly on both blizzard and the CM team.

It is up to the CM, not the players, to set the standard when it comes to meaningful debate and conversation. Showing otherwise further condones bad behaviour and meaningless posts in this thread and others all over general.

Excellent, sounds like the perfect employee Blizzard needs to employ for CM. Zarhym, you guys still hiring? We have a perfect veteran community manager who can show you guys how to do it right.
Edited by Sanglis on 11/5/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm not terribly interested in Valor purples, and I'm not interested in extra rewards without extra effort. I'm okay with the daily system: I don't like them, I don't do a lot of them, and I don't care that I'm not earning the rewards tied to them. I simply want the rewards specifically for raids to be tied specifically to raiding.

Why, so we can have another expansion like Cataclysm where it was impossible to progress your character without doing Heroics or Raids, unless you slogged it through Normals and took for-freaking-ever to do so?

I LOVE this system where I can do dailies, earn VP and buy purples (eventually). It allows me to progress my character through some means other than raiding.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

My valor is capped for the week, my charms are capped for the next several weeks, and every post I make or read I'm feeling more and more behind schedule. But I've fallen so far behind now, that I don't want to try and catch up.

...with the nature of min/maxing in WoW, people will naturally feel that they are forced to do this in order to keep "caught up" so to speak.

The thing is, this isn't really something Blizzard has any control over. You feel this way because that's just your personality. Blizzard created a certain number of paths to progression. If you feel compelled to use all of them as quickly as possible, to avoid falling behind (or any other reason), that's not really on them. Nowhere in Blizzard's game structure is "falling behind" established. That's done by players.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
So... you'd rather grind for hours and hours and hours and hours instead of 10-15min here-and-there?

Um.......... that's perhaps the weirdest thing posted in this thread, yet.

Absolutely. I can get myself in the mood for a good grind every once in a while, but I sure as heck can't do it every single day.

*shrugs* Not everyone enjoyed doing the same crap over and over and over again. Kinda like how you talk about dailies. I think running the same dungeons repeatedly gets old, you think dailies get old. You think dungeons are awesome, I think dailies are cool.

Get the point yet?

And it's great you have the option to do dailies. Why is it great I don't have the option to do something I can enjoy? There are millions of players. They're going to like different things. Forcing everyone down a single path doesn't work. Blizzard seemed to be moving in that direction of more options for the past 5 years or so, but all of the sudden MoP comes out and they decide options are bad.

Relics of Ulduar at first were not a rep turn-in for SoH. A few patches later, they allowed you to turn in Relics for SoH rep. And Everfrost Chips? Are you serious? During the entirety of Wrath, I've seen maybe two of the stupid things because they were like Netherwing Eggs were in TBC -- camped to all Hell and back. People flying around for hours doing nothing but scouring Stormpeaks for Chips.

Yes, I am dead serious about the Everfrost Chips. I did them on 2 toons near launch of Wrath. A trick I used was having the 2 toons in different phases (one was human, so he got enough rep to loot them before the phasing all happened in the quest line). That way I could loot them all out of one phase so they'd spawn on the other. And immediately after server resets was a very good time to farm them.

On Relics of Ulduar, I didn't know they ever got changed to a rep turn-in for SoH. Sorry, I thought they were just for that dwarf vendor dude.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Dailies are currently ESSENTIAL for many of us to be able to do what we actually want to do. In order to raid properly, we MUST do dailies. The problem is that they have absolutely nothing to do with raiding in any form except by their rewards. They should be a completely separate aspect of the game but they are being too heavily tied together with raiding. Let the dailies exist for rewards that do NOT tie directly to raiding or PvP (EG mounts, tabards, xmogs etc), and no one will feel like they have to complete them.

Wrong.

If you "need" the VP purples to do raids, then your raid group isn't ontop of their game.

Normal Raid is supposed to be do-able with full 463.

If you're still having trouble, do LFR too.

You don't "need" those VP purples to raid.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Regardless of your opinion on our delivery, I think it's fair to say we really did give people a lot of choices. But if the standard mentality is, "I must do ALL THE THINGS if I can," rather than, "I must do all the things I find fun that will progress my character, time permitting" you'll surely feel overwhelmed.

To some degree I have to fully disagree. You gave players the "choice" to sit on gated content no matter what they want to do.

-Professions were very easy to hit cap with, way too easy imo, and then you locked the higher-quality recipes/patterns behind rep gates. No rare recipes to farm without doing dailies.

-Few ways to get valor, yes, but we can't spend it unless we grind rep through gated dailies which force us to stop playing. We can only progress as much as YOU allow us.

-Valor buff is awesome but then now your alts have to run the same dailies... the cycle continues.

When you break it down, everything is funneled through the daily cap and I think it's not so much that we have to 'grind' for our items (because it doesn't feel like a grind at all to be honest) but the fact that blizzard is now dictating when and what we can play.

I would rather take my time running 10k dungeon runs to get the rep and items I need, feeling I am progressing with each run (plus the chance for drops is always a nice incentive) and also - DUNGEONS ARE FUN - than to log in, complete my dailies in an hour and then go "oh, I guess I am waiting until tomorrow."

Every expansion has introduced more and more gating, daily caps, and 24 hour cooldowns. It feels like you're telling me when I can play and I don't like it at all.
Edited by Cloudzen on 11/5/2012 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Lohfal
I do not want a tabard in order to earn rewards for content that I am not doing. But since I raid, I also do not want to do content that I don't enjoy in order to earn rewards in raids. I'll gladly work for them, but connecting raid rewards to raid content would be nice and in line with the apparent stance of "not earning credit for one kind of content by doing another".

It is also called "Double-Dipping".

Why should you raid, get drops from boss kills -AND- be able to BUY purples at the same time with zero extra effort?

Why even have a world outside of Stormwind City or Orgrimmar (or 7S/2M)? Why not make the entire game played by the Queue system like it was during Cataclysm?

Because it is freaking boring, that's why.

But what if you have done it once already? I get what you mean, but for people with alts the system they are making does not go far enough. Once we have done the grind once, it should become a lot easier to do it again. Doing the daily's and the dungeons and LFR is just overwhelming....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Kyriani
The problem is that dailies are my only method to gain rep.

I only brought it up because that was Blizzard trying to help out with alts. So that you at least won't have to do as many dailies once you did a complete grind on one.
Reply Quote

In what way are the Valor points tailored specifically towards raiding?

Explain that to me.

You can trade in valor for conquest points. Thus PvPers get a nice reward from valor points. Valor gear is useful in challenge mode dungeons as well as improving your character for the sake of solo play. Thus they are useful for you outside of raiding in PvE content as well.

The rewards are simply rewards, the points are simply points. How you use them is ENTIRELY up to you. If you want the rewards off the rep vendors though, you have to earn the rep required to buy them. This isn't a hard concept to understand, nor is it an unfair concept for the player.

Valor points are EXTRA rewards on top of justice points, gold and gear for running heroics.

Valor points are EXTRA rewards on top of lesser charms and rep for doing dailies.

You can use the points however you want. If you have the rep you can use them to buy the rep gear. If you don't well then you can still use them for the PvP gear.

you can trade conq for VP? WHERE?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Hervore
Our local floating skull seems very defensive. Maybe the OP is talking bollocks, but a simple "nope" from someone might have done the trick. Was there really a need to keep smacking him down? Pretty unprofessional of a blue, if you ask me.

Posting something logical and well thought out is smacking down?

Wow imagine if the Blues actually try to troll in that case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]