hmm?

90 Undead Warlock
11/05/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Hyperbolic rambling is endemic at times. They exaggerate how bad it is in hopes of eliciting sympathy or agreement from others.

And yet they don't figure out that stuff doesn't work on the forums?

Just be honest. Speak with a level headed mind. Rather then spam curses demanding blues talk to you........

bollocks that's never going to happen..

They're mostly inexperienced in such things. They're used to being able to rant on their Facebook or whatever and get agreement from their friends and others...

Personally, I find rational logical constructive posts to be far more interesting than the latest theoretical player with increasingly bizarre and unrealistic situations..

"Hey, I've played for seven years and I have 10 characters and I rarely get more than 15 mins to play per day and yet, I'm also a hardcore Raider who needs every edge that I can get on ALL OF MY ALTS THAT I PLAY EQUALLY. Therefore, I need a rep tabard to grind rep cause if I leave the cities, my agoraphobia kicks in and I end up hiding under the bed and hearthing back to the city instinctively. kthxbai"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
so this is blizz's way of keeping people past a month after a patch?
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Juststabd
Maybe you should take your own advice...not everyone wants the same things in this game as you...maybe you should try grasping THAT idea. It's easy, M'kay?

Here's the difference: if I get my way, if rep is decoupled from valor, nothing changes for anyone else. I don't want the dailies removed. I don't want fewer options. I want everyone to be able to play how they want to. Honestly, I don't care at all what anyone else does. I just want to be able to keep playing WoW as I have for the last three years, and that doesn't hurt anyone.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman

No one actually expects that. Although, no one really expected the possibility to be at or near valor cap with no means of spending it either.

I think some people actually DO expect that. But I think we can both agree those people are not being reasonable.

As for the valor cap with nowhere to spend it. I totally agree. Bad move by Blizzard. I even understand Blizzard's whole double-dipping argument about dungeons. But, honestly, John Doe can valor cap by running exclusively scenarios but if he doesn't do dailies he can't spend that valor AT ALL until the 5.1 system. That makes Valor a pretty weak currency.

I would like to hear Blizzard's response as to whether they actually intended Valor to be that weak at launch. I'm guessing they did, because they clearly wanted it to be much weaker than Cataclysm, AND they knew the 5.1 system was in the pipeline. They probably could've communicated that better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Enhancement
I'm not really of the opinion that these dailies are incredibly raid-relevant, but I do understand what you're saying.

Dailies are the only means by which to unlock certain pieces of 389 or 396 gear. I'm not really sure what else you would be using this gear for. Looking superfly in SS/2M?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/05/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Maigraith
Maybe you should take your own advice...not everyone wants the same things in this game as you...maybe you should try grasping THAT idea. It's easy, M'kay?

Here's the difference: if I get my way, if rep is decoupled from valor, nothing changes for anyone else. I don't want the dailies removed. I don't want fewer options. I want everyone to be able to play how they want to. Honestly, I don't care at all what anyone else does. I just want to be able to keep playing WoW as I have for the last three years, and that doesn't hurt anyone.

What you fail to grasp is that if we do things your way, it ruins Blizz's intentions for Mists, that being to get the players out of the cities and out into the wider world of Pandaria.

See, they can't force you out of the cities. They can put the Valor Vendors and the PVP Vendors out there. They can put dailies out there. They can put Loot-pinata World Bosses out there.

They can put nifty little vendor trash items that are worth hundreds of gold each out there.

They can put gorgeous settings and beautiful music out there.

But they can't MAKE you go out there. But they're sure as hell not going to make it easy for you to sit in the cities and grind dungeons and ignore the wider world.

We did that. We called it Cataclysm and it sucked.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/05/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Infernalist

No but I was just suggesting a main until Blizz figures out something to do. The rep boosts do help and I think you're exaggerated if a daily is making your skin crawl. They're not that bad.

Hyperbolic rambling is endemic at times. They exaggerate how bad it is in hopes of eliciting sympathy or agreement from others.

I am exaggerating nothing. The idea of doing those grinds again for every alt I have is absolutely abhorrent to me. I absolutely hated the shado-pan rep for example... particularly "bug island" dailies. Every time it was bug island my guildies can tell you my words in gchat were not kind.

It's not about "oh the dailies aren't that bad". It's about "I suffered through them once to exalt them all on my main because I am a completionist and feel compelled to do so for my main but I have no desire to subject myself to those grinds more times than the first."

Like i said the problem is probably me. I've been playing a long time... maybe too long. It just may well be time to retire. Call me spoiled or entitled or what have you but if I cant get the entertainment I desire then I can't justify my sub. It's really as simple as that. That's not an "I quit" threat. I don't want to quit. I want to play. I want to feel like I can jump into anything with any character and make progress. I just don't feel like I can do that anymore. Some of you may think otherwise but you see things differently than I do. I'll say it again the problem may just be me.
Reply Quote
I play alts... you could say I'm a bit of an altoholic (this is one of my alts). Would you agree if I demanded that Blizzard not make me run the same raids or dungeons on my alts that I had to run on my main to gain rep or gear? I hope not, I would hope you would tell me that if I want the rewards, I need to do whatever is required for each of my characters.

Not the same thing at all. I'm not asking for playing alts to be easier than it's ever been. I'm asking to be no easier and no harder than it's always been.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Kyriani
It's not about "oh the dailies aren't that bad". It's about "I suffered through them once to exalt them all on my main because I am a completionist and feel compelled to do so for my main but I have no desire to subject myself to those grinds more times than the first."

You suffered through optional content?

Good for you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

The irony of this statement is delicious.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I am exaggerating nothing. The idea of doing those grinds again for every alt I have is absolutely abhorrent to me. I absolutely hated the shado-pan rep for example... particularly "bug island" dailies. Every time it was bug island my guildies can tell you my words in gchat were not kind.

Like i said the problem is probably me. I've been playing a long time... maybe too long. It just may well be time to retire. Call me spoiled or entitled or what have you but if I cant get the entertainment I desire then I can't justify my sub. It's really as simple as that. That's not an "I quit" threat. I don't want to quit. I want to play. I want to feel like I can jump into anything with any character and make progress. I just don't feel like I can do that anymore. Some of you may think otherwise but you see things differently than I do. I'll say it again the problem may just be me.

Blizzard cannot code their game with personal neurosis and personality issues in mind. If you can't do it, you can't do it.

Good luck.
Reply Quote

You did that. In Cataclysm, I only had one of my four 85's hearthstones set to a city, and it was Dalaran because Stormwind is boring. And then only because that toon didn't have a DPS spec and pretty much existed only to heal groups.

I was already in the world. People who really enjoy something don't need to be forced into it.

I remember saying almost exactly the same thing not that long ago. I don't want to quit. I love the lore and feel of MoP, and WoW in general. But the game just isn't terribly fun to me right now. I don't have a lot of money, and it just makes more sense for me to spend it elsewhere.
Edited by Maigraith on 11/5/2012 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
11/05/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Zarhym

Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

My valor is capped for the week, my charms are capped for the next several weeks, and every post I make or read I'm feeling more and more behind schedule. But I've fallen so far behind now, that I don't want to try and catch up.

Just like with all other games I play, I don't choose to measure how my time is spent in the game -- or whether or not I'm enjoying it -- against the players in STARS, Vodka, Blood Legion, or any of the other hardcore guilds out there, or the people who can devote hours upon hours more time to this game than me.

I don't think you should either. Sure, I know people have commitments to friends and guilds. There are social expectations and demands put on players to be at a certain progression point, or completing X/Y/Z every week in order to be included in raids.

If the goal is to be entertained by playing a game and you're not meeting that goal, it's totally fair to reassess things -- whether that means looking at what kind of stresses you impose on yourself, who you're playing with, what you're doing with your time in the game, and maybe even your time spent with the game itself.

But, from your post, it sounds like the pressure you feel comes from within. And I honestly have to wonder why. I don't mean to be a downer, but you'll likely never be on the cutting edge of clearing content as soon as it's possible to do so. And by the way, these endgame progression systems weren't modeled around that being the assumed standard way the general population plays the game. Spoiler: It's not how the general population plays the game.

Leading up to Mists, we talked a lot about having as many options as possible for players to play how they want to. That means you have a lot of choices, and some of them will provide you with extra advantages in other pieces of content (bonus rolls, VP loot from factions, etc.). Regardless of your opinion on our delivery, I think it's fair to say we really did give people a lot of choices. But if the standard mentality is, "I must do ALL THE THINGS if I can," rather than, "I must do all the things I find fun that will progress my character, time permitting" you'll surely feel overwhelmed.

Think of it like Pokemon:

At the beginning of every handheld Pokemon game, the player has to choose a starter Pokemon (excluding Pokemon Yellow)

Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy Grass
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig Fire
Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott Water

You can only choose one, but it isn't impossible to acquire the others. You either gain the ability of a Grass-type Pokemon, the strength of a Fire-type Pokemon, or the endurance of a Water-type Pokemon. You can't have all of them early on, but you can get them later. (With a few exceptions of course.)
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
11/05/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Mylene
I'm not really of the opinion that these dailies are incredibly raid-relevant, but I do understand what you're saying.

Dailies are the only means by which to unlock certain pieces of 389 or 396 gear. I'm not really sure what else you would be using this gear for. Looking superfly in SS/2M?

Well my point was really that those epics will rarely make or break your raid success, and even in those rare cases, however, a solo player can derive non-cosmetic benefits from the Rep gear without ever stepping in a raid. So I DO see the epics as relevant to raids. I just also think the raider complaints about Rep gear are pretty overstated.

Again, I agreed with you overall except for that minor semantic difference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/05/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Maigraith

You see, the problem is people complained that sitting in a city random queing for valor was too boring, so blizzard changed it up.

Now THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE are complaining about having to leave the cities and go out to do something.

Helpful hint to those who think dailies take too much time: group up. You may get less cash, but it gets done with a heluva lot faster.
It works.

You get them done in a fraction of the time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Good for you

Except it is not optional.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/05/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Maigraith

You did that. In Cataclysm, I only had one of my four 85's hearthstones set to a city, and it was Dalaran because Stormwind is boring. And then only because that toon didn't have a DPS spec and pretty much existed only to heal groups.

I was already in the world. People who really enjoy something don't need to be forced into it.

I remember saying almost exactly the same thing not that long ago. I don't want to quit. I love the lore and feel of MoP, and WoW in general. But the game just isn't terribly fun to me right now. I don't have a lot of money, and it just makes more sense for me to spend it elsewhere.

You might be the awesome exception to the rule, then. Well done. Good for you.

Doesn't change my point one tiny bit.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/05/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Good for you

Yup I suffered through optional content. Because in my mind its not optional for my main. The main's green bars must be filled. The only time that rule is overridden is when attempting to fill the green bar is so slow and painful that I often find more fun things to do (with alts mostly) than farm say.. junk boxes for ravenholdt rep >_>. The only thing stopping me from grinding bloodsails is the fact that I exalted the goblins... and my brain will not allow me to destroy 3 reps to gain one and then go through a slow "bare feet on glass" grind to rebuild them while maintaining blood sail at the same time (because its not about the insane achievement I could care less about it).

I'm a Grand Marshal from vanilla for crying out loud! If that doesn't put the OCD sticker on my forehead I don't know what will!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]