hmm?

90 Human Rogue
The thing that people do not seem to understand is that if you want to raid but don't want to do dailies, then run dungeons.

Full heroic dungeon gear is enough to get you into both Raid Finder and normal Vaults.

The dailies are there to reward those who put the extra time and effort by allowing Valor Points gear and Greater Charms of Good Fortune for extra rolls on loot when you actually do raid.

All in all, the dailies aren't required. You can cope in LFR and normal MV just fine without bonus rolls or valor gear. Sure they help, but if you want that extra boost, then do the dailies.

On another note, it would be interesting if they combined the the Mists daily style with Wrath and Cataclysm.

What I mean by this is having a daily cap on your reputations where you can get reputation through multiple methods, but still have a limit on the reputation you can earn daily.

To fill this cap, you can either do dailies where you'll be rewarded with Lesser Charms and gold, or you can wear a tabard representing the reputation and run heroics.

Everyone wins in this case.

Hate doing dailies? Run heroics for the grind and lose out on Lesser Charms.

The option for doing dailies and obtaining the bonus rolls will always be there, but not forced.

In my opinion, I think Blizzard did a great job on the daily system for Mists.

The zones are nice, the dailies alternate and for the most part aren't that bad to do.

Just my two cents.
Edited by Phont on 11/6/2012 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Variante
People who do dailies have more chance to win in raids than the rest of us and just because they do dailies.

What is your point? They are putting in extra effort to excel in PvE progression. If you are a hardcore raider you will do them. If you aren't and don't like dailys, don't bother. Claiming because there is a way for others to further exceed your own progression because they work harder at it is an overplayed and invalid argument.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Wow you sure sound smart with your summary.
You typed out something to make people laugh or cry?
You want to type something Witty
Sounds like you are related to Einstein
Am I right?!
The thing you just typed could possibly drip with more sarcasm then what I just typed

Who said anything about NOT wanting to do something to earn bonus gear?! I've yet to see a complaint of wah wah gimme free loots nows!!

The complaint some people have and even from my friend who just passed 14k achievement points is Dailies are boring after you have done them for the 10th / 20th/ 30th time ad nauseum, please give players an alternative way to get rep.

Noone wants a handout, on the contrary people just want a different way to play the game which you promised had different ways of getting to the same point.

Lets face it and this may be on a much smaller scale, BUT BMAH does have heroic raid loots which you could say is an alternative way of gaining loot from the raids IF you dont raid.

But yeah lets just stay on the sarcastic page and keep trolling people who write criticisms on a game which is at an all time low on levelling / rep grinding / content
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I mean seriously what happened, where did that epic feel to this game go?

All the current dungeons might as well just be a bunch of rooms joined together with one boss in each room and a pack of trash cause thats how they all feel. Been a while since I have gone into a dungeon and thought YAY I love this dungeon. Nope its, does loot drop for me in here? Nope? Leaves dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Duelizious
What? Stockpile? My main has over 1900 of them! There should be something, anything, you could put in that we could buy with these things. Honestly they are a waste of space, but if i had my way, id let them be used for more than only 9 extra chances at a piece of loot. Most of the time(alteast ive seen this) You use a greater and you get 3-4 of the same dang drop. Kind of useless really.

My druid is on a roll, one week he won resto boots, checked the loot list I think there was 3 or 4 different things on offer so I used a coin and got the boots again.
Next week the fan off hand drops same scenario checked the loot list to make sure there was other loot he could use and bham another fan.

Paladin downs last boss gets neck piece, downs last boss following week uses a coin and gets the same neck piece.

Love RNG. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Don't pretend you don't agree, you are pretty much forced in to dailies (vp gear, granted not forced each and every day but forced regardless) and if you don't do them you are going to be seen as letting your team down. that's 9 or 24 people that are going to be angry with you, for a system you lot designed. It's the same deal with the coins.

The flaw with the system is what you do, not just in raid times/instances but in the offtime directly effects other people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 02:09 AMPosted by Palwiful
But yeah lets just stay on the sarcastic page and keep trolling people who write criticisms on a game which is at an all time low on levelling / rep grinding / content

Sarcasm =/= trolling. What Zarhym said went directly to the root of OP's point and destroyed his logic.

WoW is still by far the most successful MMORPG ever.

Your move.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Calling something that is optional, mandatory isn't criticism.
Saying that you need something that you merely want isn't criticism.
Saying that you are forced into something for a bonus isn't criticism.

It's whining. The OP didn't make a well written post explaining his reasons for not liking dailies, nor did he state why Lesser and Elder coins were a bad system. All he said was that he was being forced into dailies because 'u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear'

He isn't a wronged customer, Palwiful, so don't rise up in manufactured outrage like he is one.
He was whining and was dealt with as whiners are usually dealt with. An eye roll and a few keystrokes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/05/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Zarhym

Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

My valor is capped for the week, my charms are capped for the next several weeks, and every post I make or read I'm feeling more and more behind schedule. But I've fallen so far behind now, that I don't want to try and catch up.

Just like with all other games I play, I don't choose to measure how my time is spent in the game -- or whether or not I'm enjoying it -- against the players in STARS, Vodka, Blood Legion, or any of the other hardcore guilds out there, or the people who can devote hours upon hours more time to this game than me.

I don't think you should either. Sure, I know people have commitments to friends and guilds. There are social expectations and demands put on players to be at a certain progression point, or completing X/Y/Z every week in order to be included in raids.

If the goal is to be entertained by playing a game and you're not meeting that goal, it's totally fair to reassess things -- whether that means looking at what kind of stresses you impose on yourself, who you're playing with, what you're doing with your time in the game, and maybe even your time spent with the game itself.

But, from your post, it sounds like the pressure you feel comes from within. And I honestly have to wonder why. I don't mean to be a downer, but you'll likely never be on the cutting edge of clearing content as soon as it's possible to do so. And by the way, these endgame progression systems weren't modeled around that being the assumed standard way the general population plays the game. Spoiler: It's not how the general population plays the game.

Leading up to Mists, we talked a lot about having as many options as possible for players to play how they want to. That means you have a lot of choices, and some of them will provide you with extra advantages in other pieces of content (bonus rolls, VP loot from factions, etc.). Regardless of your opinion on our delivery, I think it's fair to say we really did give people a lot of choices. But if the standard mentality is, "I must do ALL THE THINGS if I can," rather than, "I must do all the things I find fun that will progress my character, time permitting" you'll surely feel overwhelmed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Drakinn
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Guildsmen

Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

I am a bit confused, I cant see any whining in this post at all.

Its stating the actual obvious I get.

And in a way asking the question which going by the forums many before have asked.

There was no wah wah wah wah wah I hate dailies help me
Or QQ this game is bads

Lets in my reading concise the OP

Is the only way of getting elder charms done by getting 90 lesser charms? Check
Are Dailies the only way of getting these charms? Check
So I am forced into doing Dailies if I want these charms? Check

Ok I take it back he did have a sad on the last line about the coins failing at getting him loot ;) RNG kills.

But yeah thats what I read.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Calling something that is optional, mandatory isn't criticism.
Saying that you need something that you merely want isn't criticism.
Saying that you are forced into something for a bonus isn't criticism.

It's whining. The OP didn't make a well written post explaining his reasons for not liking dailies, nor did he state why Lesser and Elder coins were a bad system. All he said was that he was being forced into dailies because 'u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear'

He isn't a wronged customer, Palwiful, so don't rise up in manufactured outrage like he is one.
He was whining and was dealt with as whiners are usually dealt with. An eye roll and a few keystrokes.

So the new thing is , people dont like something makes them whiners?

Cool.

I hate doing achievements to get mounts. Why cant we have a different way to get the mounts. Whining right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So the new thing is , people dont like something makes them whiners?

Cool.

I hate doing achievements to get mounts. Why cant we have a different way to get the mounts. Whining right?

Great strawman. 10/10

The premise that OP grants is that it is necessary to do dailies to get charms. That is true. Although, charms are not necessary for anyone except the top 100 or so guilds in the world.

Therefore, yes, whining. He doesn't want to put in the effort but thinks he should get the coins OR that the coins shouldn't exist at all. Read all of his posts and you will see he is a casual that wants the gear but doesn't want to "acquire" it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
There will be 5 segments available in LFR once TES unlocks, not 6.
MSV 1
MSV 2
HOF 1
HOF 2
TES (only 4 bosses).

That's 450 VP, or 675 with Valor of the Ancients and that will only benefit player alts if they have VP capped for the week on another toon. And it's not that close to cap. There's a still a substantial amount of content you'll have to do to get that remaining 325.

You won't be completing all segments of LFR in a single hour and you certainly won't be VP capping for the week in a single hour. Queue times alone for most players are going to run a couple of hours. This isn't to say that LFR isn't probably the most efficient source of VP for most players. Just that wild exaggerations that players will be able to VP cap in an hour with Valor of the Ancients don't help the discussion.

The other issue is most players who have not been rep grinding to buy up their VP gear or getting drops from normal mode raiding won't be able to queue for HOF or TES right away. The item level requirement is too high for RNG to have been that good for them in LFR. You'll need nine 476s items and the rest 463 to make the 470 item level needed to get in.

Many players are going to be stuck spinning their wheels in MSV for several more weeks unless they break down and do dailies for rep and charms, have gotten massively lucky with RNG in LFR, or have deep pockets to buy the 476 BoEs.

Come tomorrow afternoon, a lot of players are going to feel a lot less like they have options about the dailiy grind.

When the system is set up to block your way unless you participate, it's not a reward. You have a penalty. Is that really a good system to promote in a game that's played for fun?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sarcasm =/= trolling. What Zarhym said went directly to the root of OP's point and destroyed his logic.

WoW is still by far the most successful MMORPG ever.

Your move.

Im not sure where Zarhym actually went with it to be honest. Yes I agree WoW is the most successfuul MMO I have been around for well lets just say a long time. But having said that dont you think it would be even more successful if the Dev's instead of being snarky with people gave back good criticism?

Dont get me wrong but like many have said as well, how annoying would it be to get the same complaints day in and day out? Well dont you think that MAYBE just MAYBE if the same complaints are coming day in and day out, that instead of brushing them under a rug and ignoring them something should be done or even contemplated on being done?

This is not a rant from one person stating they hate the system, this is ONE of the complaints of ONE of the many people who have stated they dont like the current system.

The sad truth is , nowadays instead of this being a forum (where ideas should be discussed and talked about) its a place of bashing. People come on and state they dont like something (and lets be honest once again) EVERYONE has a right to their opinions. And yet its just stop QQ stop whining stop trolling. Heck even when people write something nice its Fan boi much? So I aint pro or anti people on the forums as yes even with that people have their opinions on other peoples opinions.

I dont know you, you dont know me, so why do you think or why do others think they should know whats best for me?
If I dont enjoy something for the time being but I have enjoyed it for the last 7+ years is that reason enough for you or anyone else to say well maybe its time to quit?

Quick answer... Nope.

If I think a change is possible I and many others will try to work towards that change. We dont live in a One man rules the world society and as such even up there in the higher powers region you would think that maybe, just maybe, one person might stand up for the little guy.

Who just wants what was offered. Freedom of choice, freedom in how you choose to play.

Telling us on the other hand that this is how it is and to deal with it? Or to be snarky about it?

No thanks.

Sorry for the long post but yeah thats just how I feel even though I am sure I will get the TLDR; Whined alot or some crap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Great strawman. 10/10

The premise that OP grants is that it is necessary to do dailies to get charms. That is true. Although, charms are not necessary for anyone except the top 100 or so guilds in the world.

Therefore, yes, whining. He doesn't want to put in the effort but thinks he should get the coins OR that the coins shouldn't exist at all. Read all of his posts and you will see he is a casual that wants the gear but doesn't want to "acquire" it.

That could be my bad ;)

Unfortunately I came in late and just saw Zar's response to the OP. Apologies if I didnt read the 10 pages before that of the OP whining if he did.

But on his first post which is what I based everything I typed thats what I read ;)

<3 Ive got nothing against more then one method of getting something, If the OP changed and said gimme gimme gimme.. well then thats different.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
How about adding in an option to trade in spirits of harmony for lesser tokens. i'd totally take that... you still have to work or farm to get the spirits.. but without the mandate of HEY DO DAILYS FOOL!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have nothing against more than one method of farming coins either, but these people that claim it is mandatory are living on a different planet. It is only mandatory if you are in a top 100 guild. A 15000 ranked guild is not going to force you to do dailys, if they do they are what I would consider bad at this game and looking for a crutch. I did all the dailys every day up till at least revered and have no complaints. I chose to do the optional content and it got me a little extra gear boost.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
OTC
Honestly dailies aren't that bad....and that comes from someone who use to HATE rep grinds.
All in all it takes about 90 min to do every daily if you put effort into pounding them out. By the time you unlock Shado-Pan and AC you should be done with Tillers and Anglers.

For those of you saying you are "forced" into dailies....C'mon...listen to yourself. None of the people in my guild felt forced into doing dailies and i know i didn't feel that way. We all understood that to progress raids at a pace we would like we need to put in that extra effort to get a competitive edge. So instead of crying on the forums about how mind numbing dailies are i just did them.

On another note, all VP gear is unlocked at revered. It doesn't take that long to hit revered with any of the factions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]