hmm?

100 Night Elf Priest
I understand the rep and daily grinds. But everything is a question of degree. Between having to grind so many dailies to open up all the rep to get to all the vendors, it just seems it has been taken a bit far. I mean, there are so many dailies you need/want to do, it does in fact interfere with just going out in the world and playing, unless your definition of playing is just doing dailies.

Even so, it would be fine if you were only required to do it on one character per rep per account. But the way it is, MoP is the anti-alt xpac, and for a long time at the start, it is the anti - just play and enjoy the game xpac, because of the degree to which you need/want to be doing dailies every day with all your time to get access to the vendors, first on your main, and then also on each of your alts.

I think the need for dailies was a bit overdone myself, and the game would be more enjoyable if the quantity of dailies needed were toned down a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Sugafree
Answer my question you bubblef@g. Look ^ up there.

The hostility is high.

The reason that logic doesn't work is because leveling each expansion is content in itself. Why are you asking for less content? Also, they have reduced the amount of XP required for 1-85 numerous times. 1-60 is a complete joke now. I literally get 2 levels or so from one dungeon + its quests in BoA gear. I refer back to an older comment of mine, if you dislike leveling altogether, most MMOs are not for you. WoW is even considerably easier than nearly all other MMOs that I have played as far as leveling and grinding. Have you played Aion? Tera? Everquest? Those games take literally FOREVER to level and grind out gear for endgame content. What you don't realize is how easy you have it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

I think he just snapped. We should call Blizzard to see if everyone is okay.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym

Zarhym admits he/she doesn't want to do dailies. What can we infer out of this? Devs admit they aren't fun. Which they aren't.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Heck, I'll even go three times. But past that? Pfffffft.

I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

Sorry, I didn't have a good night last night. We lost a hockey game by a goal even though there was 2.5 mins left because a pane of glass broke (and we were going on the power play). But don't worry, kharma catches up and I forgot to bring my wallet to work today.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The reason that logic doesn't work is because leveling each expansion is content in itself. Why are you asking for less content? Also, they have reduced the amount of XP required for 1-85 numerous times. 1-60 is a complete joke now. I literally get 2 levels or so from one dungeon + its quests in BoA gear. I refer back to an older comment of mine, if you dislike leveling altogether, most MMOs are not for you. WoW is even considerably easier than nearly all other MMOs that I have played as far as leveling and grinding. Have you played Aion? Tera? Everquest? Those games take literally FOREVER to level and grind out gear for endgame content. What you don't realize is how easy you have it.

I agree with you on this actually.

Having recently just levelled a monk from 1-90 it was anything but slow. Having said that heirlooms definitely helped and so did the monk daily for the xp boost.

Also on a side note, Think of how hard it is to say build a bridge ? vs swim across the same river. Days and days of hard work spent by many a person to build the bridge vs someone just jumping in and swimming over it.

Wow is kinda like anything which progresses , as you get up higher and higher it takes longer and longer to get to the next level. Unfortunately unlike most things in which you progress Wow's questing is anything but that. It isnt harder to collect 10 things at level 85 then it is to collect then at level 5 lol ;)

And at the same appropriate level its no harder to kill something regardless of what level you are. The only difference is at level 85 you have to kill alot more then you have to kill at level 5 to get to the next level.

And yes on a side note I played EQ, still shudder remembering how annoying it was to gear / level. Though having said that Vanilla wow was kinda pretty much the same thing.
Still remember UBRS when it was 10? or was it 15 man. And Drak would drop tier or whatever it was called at the same for 2 classes.. lol lots of tears in those days ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Wraithclaw
Besides it's not like there's anything else to do in the game right? Crafting stuff doesn't need time to farm mats because well if you don't grind the rep you can't get the patterns anyway so back to dailies. Grind dungeons for VP? Nah... dailies for rep in order to use them for anything. Besides you don't need access to that gear because RNG is extremely generous to everyone...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Dysheki
I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

Thats a bit of Zar fail right there, if dailies were fun and not the same dribble over and over and over again then you wouldnt mind doing them every day. Yet they are dribble which is why you do only what is necessary to Valor cap then ignore them for the rest of the week.

Not that hard to understand really and in that sense you are limiting players to what they can do each week.

I think the simple fact remains which is and well maybe this is just me personally, I dont mind if there is a rep cap each week that you can get each faction. But I would prefer to have a system which rewards you for when you want to play and at what pace you want to play instead of a you can only get x amount per day. miss a day and well you are a day behind.

From memory that is why the once a day heroic valor was dropped in favor of the 7 times a week whenever you want valor gain from heroics.

If someone wants to play for 10 hours in a row to do all their rep farming for a faction in one go, then whats wrong with that? If people have only a couple of hours a day to play and cap their rep via that way well nothing wrong with that either.

Dailies which are well just that dont allow for both types of playing, just like daily valor gains per heroic didnt allow and we all know what happened to daily valor gains from dungeons.

If person A has the luxury to be able to log in every day, why should they get an advantage over someone who can only log in every 2nd day? That I would like to know.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/06/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Palwiful
Thats a bit of Zar fail right there, if dailies were fun and not the same dribble over and over and over again then you wouldnt mind doing them every day. Yet they are dribble which is why you do only what is necessary to Valor cap then ignore them for the rest of the week.

"If dungeons were fun and not the same dribble over and over and over again then you wouldn't mind doing them every day. Yet they are dribble which is why you do only what is necessary to Valor cap then ignore them for the rest of the week."

HEYOOO
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Sugafree
Yes they take forever to level in those games because those games are "NEW". It's supposed to be like that you imbecile when it's new. You have to crawl before you walk, and we are beyond walking in WoW. Not that im complaining about lack of content or w/e kids cry about these days but they should focus on that and dont make it such a hassle to level up to the cap where all the "goodies" are at 90.

What if someone plays WoW just to level alts and doesn't care about endgame . This person enjoys questing and playing different classes. This game isn't based around what you dislike, rather what the player base wants. Leveling in MMOs is a tried and tested way of delivering content and forcing you to (hopefully) learn your class by the time you hit cap. After Cata launch most people complained that it was to fast getting 80-85, so this xpac they added slightly more questing content.

Look at the extreme, let's say that leveling was taken completely out of WoW. Someone creates a guardian druid that is instantly 90 and had, say, ilvl 440 gear on. Would you want him tanking heroics for you?

Leveling will be sped up eventually, as I'm sure during some point in the xpac blizzard will either give our alts flying at 85 or a BoA with +exp on it. For now, just play the damn game dude.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/05/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
The whole "coin" thing is fine but I know have 274 lesser charm of good fortune and 9 elder charm of good fortune! WTH am I gonna do with all these lesser ones? Can't trade them in, not yet geared enough for raids(spending way too much time doing dailies with no time left for heroics!)!!!! So what good are they other then taking up space(2slots) in my bag?!?!?!

Lesser Charms are being moved out of your bags and turned into a currency in 5.1. Think a little further down the road when you're not doing dailies as often and you're raiding more. A stockpile of Lesser Charms is absolutely what you'll want. ;)

Good thing I got a stock pile of this stuff to last me over couple of months.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"If dungeons were fun and not the same dribble over and over and over again then you wouldn't mind doing them every day. Yet they are dribble which is why you do only what is necessary to Valor cap then ignore them for the rest of the week."

HEYOOO

So whats the point of quoting me?

you saying dungeons are fun and once you Valor cap you are excited to do them over and over and over again? or.....?

Edit: Pretty sure somewhere I already said I find dungeons in the most boring state they have ever been but yeah go ahead and quote me for the sake of quoting me.

Thanks.
Edited by Palwiful on 11/6/2012 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you don't enjoy heroics because they aren't fun enough, do challenge modes. They are far too exciting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/05/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Drakinn
that sort of forces u

It's actually spelled "you." If you're going to make a thread, don't make it one long text message.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

Seriously.
Reply Quote
"Force" implies that there will be negative consequences if one does not do the dailies.

Lack of positive consequences is not the same thing as negative consequences.

Have my babies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Bubbleøseven
If you don't enjoy heroics because they aren't fun enough, do challenge modes. They are far too exciting.

I honestly dont know what is wrong with heroics at the moment.
I love dungeon running always have and always will. Just the current dungeons seem to have lost a bit. I cant really explain it, but nothing will ever compare to say running UBRS (even though it was long) or going to Wailing Caverns for the first time and exploring it all or heck even BRD with its horde of dwarves lol.

Now its like port into dungeon kill boss kill a bit of trash kill another boss trash kill end boss done and dusted in 15 mins. There is no time for the dungeon to even feel epic cause I mean how can it?

Dont get me wrong dungeons will always be a fun thing to do, just maybe not as fun as before ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
and not the same dribble over and over and over again

not the same dribble over and over and over again

the same dribble over and over

the same dribble

dribble

dribble
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I want the choice of being able to do dungeons as i find dungeons fun an exciting as its a MMO i prefer to do things with other people.

Why not give 5 coins of good fortune for completing a random dungeon? so i can have the choice of doing dailies or dungeons? simple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]