hmm?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/05/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Onionrings
I don't want to do dailies every day, but I want to progress my character. Since the only option we've been given is dailies for rep, I guess my choices are don't advance my character or do dailies.
Or, y'know, raid.
VP gear isn't meant to be a stepping stone in the gearing up process.
Separate yourself from the Cataclysm model of thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then

I don't want to do dailies every day, but I want to progress my character. Since the only option we've been given is dailies for rep, I guess my choices are don't advance my character or do dailies.

Valor point gear is not a prerequisite to raiding anymore. It's simply an alternative gearing path.

At least half of the people that raid in my two guilds don't even bother with Klaxxi or Golden Lotus. They're just banking up valor for the 5.1 system.

Guess what? They're 3/6 Heroic MSV without buying many valor items at all.

Go raid if you want to progress your character with raiding gear.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
Do I want a tabard that allows me to get credit for doing one type of content, while actually doing another (which, by itself, earns me gold and chances at loot)?

Challenge modes don't give gold or chances at loot. They only give a currency usable in solo content. I'll trade you the VP rewards from challenge modes for some lesser charms.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Can we have a choice on how to earn these coins? I for one hate quests and dailies HATE them. It would be nice if there was an alternative way to earn coins. I'm sure you can think of something.

And what choices would you propose?

You don't want to do dailies... and you can't get them from raids -- that's called "Double Dipping". Stick them in Battlegrounds and that's "What, you can do PvP to earn PvE Raid rewards? That's stupid!" Stick them in Heroics and it is "What, you can do Heroics to get Valor to buy Raid Gear AND get tokens to get more raid gear!?" which also sounds like double-dipping to me.

So what choices would you suggest?

I am not a game developer.
I would like the BC design, kill mobs associated with the rep and possibly the mobs could drop signets like aldor or scryer that you could either hand in for rep OR use as your extra loot roll once you earned enough to trade in .
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Mage
The dailies aren't as bad as the forced delay in getting gear even after you hit revered because of the 1000 point weekly vp limit, so you work hard to get your rep, and when you do you can't take advantage of it. Combine that with no gear from bonus rolls, no gear from lfr and raid bosses that might drop be able to drop two pieces of gear that you can use, but often don't... and you get frustration. People want to progress, they dont want to be working hard, doing all they can while standing still. Some of these issues are just phony problems created to prolong content, it's too bad the snark doesn't come with an admission of this obvious fact.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Can you say, "CM trolled OP??" I thought so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Guapísima

"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

It isn't trolling if it's an appropriate response. Snarky, but not trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Analt
Challenge modes don't give gold or chances at loot. They only give a currency usable in solo content. I'll trade you the VP rewards from challenge modes for some lesser charms.

You can get loot thats just meant for transmog at least. Gives you something to do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well what if u dont raid at all not even with raid finder because u dont enjoying raiding because of all the numb skulls in the world.. then u have no other choice but to grind dailys and grind rep for VP gear. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Snarky is not trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

{hugs} I so love this!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Sarcasm is not trolling

Get it right.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Guapísima

No, it more reminds me of a child complaining about something and an adult mocking them in response.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/05/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Drakinn
Well you can still enjoy the game without as much grind : )

Finally we're in complete agreement, Drakinn!

...Even though I took that out of context and you're implying that you can't enjoy raiding unless you have multiple shots at a boss's loot table every week, which you should be entitled to under a method no one could possibly label as a "grind" -- a subjective term thrown around so much it's lost virtually all meaning...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I hate dailies, I hate everything about them, but they separate the people who care enough about their gear to do them, from those who don't. If you don't want the extra rolls, or the chance to spend your valor on better gear, then you don't care enough about the game to earn those rewards. This isn't a communistic game, you get out what you put in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then. I don't want to either.

Zarhym admits he/she doesn't want to do dailies. What can we infer out of this? Devs admit they aren't fun. Which they aren't.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Heck, I'll even go three times. But past that? Pfffffft.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Gahhda
I hate dailies, I hate everything about them, but they separate the people who care enough about their gear to do them, from those who don't. If you don't want the extra rolls, or the chance to spend your valor on better gear, then you don't care enough about the game to earn those rewards. This isn't a communistic game, you get out what you put in.

It reminds me of the type of people who used to piggyback on everyone else during raiding progression. Never prepared with their flasks, never prepared their own enchants, but I'll be damned if they weren't vocal when it came to getting their loot.
Edited by Kyesa on 11/5/2012 8:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then

You can't advance your character, or do you mean you can't advance it as fast as possible without extra effort?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]