hmm?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
...Even though I took that out of context and you're implying that you can't enjoy raiding unless you have multiple shots at a boss's loot table every week, which you should be entitled to under a method no one could possibly label as a "grind" -- a subjective term thrown around so much it's lost virtually all meaning...

You can say the same just for the term "trolling" Since now it's just what people say when you say something people don't like.

People are weird.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Guapísima
Do I want a tabard that allows me to get credit for doing one type of content, while actually doing another (which, by itself, earns me gold and chances at loot)? It'd save me time, sure. There are so many things about endgame progression that could be changed to save me time, enough so that I wouldn't have to worry about enjoying actually playing the game to improve my character and earn things.

As you kinda say, there's more than one way to play the game. No reason, for a CM, to be an !@# when responding to PAYING CUSTOMERS.

So, basically, you want to do everything the game has to offer while only ever doing one type of activity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
As you kinda say, there's more than one way to play the game. No reason, for a CM, to be an !@# when responding to PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Why? Paying customers sound like whiny children most of the time on the forum. No point in taking it seriously unless the forums actually well thought out. Rather then OMG THIS SUX YOU BLUES SUCK
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Kyesa

I don't want to do dailies every day, but I want to progress my character. Since the only option we've been given is dailies for rep, I guess my choices are don't advance my character or do dailies.

Valor point gear is not a prerequisite to raiding anymore. It's simply an alternative gearing path.

At least half of the people that raid in my two guilds don't even bother with Klaxxi or Golden Lotus. They're just banking up valor for the 5.1 system.

Guess what? They're 3/6 Heroic MSV without buying many valor items at all.

Go raid if you want to progress your character with raiding gear.

My monk's guild isn't raiding yet. And even when they start, there will be one raid team, so that leaves my 90 hunter without gear.

The Cata model for JP and VP was fine. Not once during the expansion did I say "nothing to do, QQ". There were always more heroics to run, professions to work on, and even dailies WHEN I WANTED TO. Wasn't the reason they got rid of head enchants because of the forced grind associated with them? Now you don't have to grind rep for the enchants, you just have to grind to be able buy the items in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/05/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Drakinn
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

You WANT something. You have to earn it.

Everyone has to earn things that they want and even need, unless of course you're a spoiled brat that can go to mommy and daddy ask ask for anything and get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/05/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
Well you can still enjoy the game without as much grind : )

Finally we're in complete agreement, Drakinn!

...Even though I took that out of context and you're implying that you can't enjoy raiding unless you have multiple shots at a boss's loot table every week, which you should be entitled to under a method no one could possibly label as a "grind" -- a subjective term thrown around so much it's lost virtually all meaning...
Zarhym...
I...
I think I love you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
By all means, rush through all of the reputations in one month so you don't feel "punished" for missing anything. Then spend the next 4 months grinding VP, because that's how long it'll take to actually PURCHASE all the gear you unlocked so many months before.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I really don't understand why you implemented the extra loot roll anyway makes content last longer without it. Once people beat end boss the next thing is to collect all loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol i guess this is what i get for paying 15$ : D yes sir go back to eating dough nuts and flaming with the trolls blue.. Just sad..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Sabatieni
By all means, rush through all of the reputations in one month so you don't feel "punished" for missing anything. Then spend the next 4 months grinding VP, because that's how long it'll take to actually PURCHASE all the gear you unlocked so many months before.

God forbid it takes time to earn your rewards. They should make it to where you get everything within 2 weeks and afk in Stormwind again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Meh.
Edited by Viral on 11/8/2012 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Snow
You can't advance your character, or do you mean you can't advance it as fast as possible without extra effort?

The "extra effort" isn't extra though. It's still gated. Even if I wanted to do enough dailies to get to exalted in a day, I can't.

Gates are a poor mechanic for making it seem like there is more content than there is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The complaining about the dailies is old and tiresome. If you don’t want to do the dailies then don’t and if you do want to do them then just do them. Bottom line the are not required.

There is different ways of getting gear. As for the profession patterns I like this system better then raiding guilds selling them for 30K plus.

I don’t find the Blue post snaky or anything negative. They are sharing their opinions and being straight forward with a little sense of humor. Personally after all the recent complaining about the dailies and MOP in general I am surprised they are even responding too theses types of post at all.

By the way with my hunter Qallan (Hellscream realm) when I first hit 90 while in just quest gear I was able to do all the dailies that where available to me at the time in around 2 hours. A month later I am exalted with all factions that offer gear except Shado-Pan and The August Celestials which I am revered with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

You are one of most consistently rude and condescending CM's. What shocks me is how unprofessional your replies are to players who, while not as articulate as you, wish to raise concerns in the official forums.
I don't agree with OP, but your post and many others like it are way out of line and below the standard that players and blizzard expects of it's employees
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"grind" -- a subjective term thrown around so much it's lost virtually all meaning...

Amen
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Warlock
11/05/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Onionrings
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then

I don't want to do dailies every day, but I want to progress my character. Since the only option we've been given is dailies for rep, I guess my choices are don't advance my character or do dailies.

Can't you advance by getting into heroic 5mans gear then from there go to LFR then from there go to normal? You can skip the daily reward gear though it would be nice to have to help you do all that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You are one of most consistently rude and condescending CM's. What shocks me is how unprofessional your replies are to players who, while not as articulate as you, wish to raise concerns in the official forums.
I don't agree with OP, but your post and many others like it are way out of line and below the standard that players and blizzard expects of it's employees

"dailies suck you suck blizz" totally valid concerns and should be taken seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

Heeeeere we go...

"I PAY MONEY FOR THIS GAME SO THAT MAKES ME THE BOSS OF YOU."

Get real. I appreciate Zarhym for his frankness. I'd like to see more blue posters respond honestly like he does. Would you really prefer some canned politically-correct customer-is-always-right response? I sure wouldn't. I want to know what they REALLY think.
Edited by Rubdown on 11/5/2012 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]