hmm?

71 Pandaren Monk
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO BE Able to even get a raid, pvpd my tail off to even get the gear needed to do heroics. have yet to even get the needed gear to raid...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This is basically your argument: "A CM is posting 'bad things' on my post that discriminates Blizzard for how 'bad' at what they're doing with the game."

CM's rebuttal: "All I'm trying to do is keep you from saying that we don't try and to keep you from making us look bad by posting random crap that doesn't make since unless you're a casual like the person that made this post. All we're trying to do is make it easier to get loot w/o making it 100% drop chance on everything."

My argument: If you had your own gaming company, would you let some people comment unintelligent things about your company. I doubt you would because you would be doing the same thing the CM was doing, trying to make the people stop creating posts and settle an agreement. What the CM and the rest of the Dev's are trying to do is make the game better from what the community says, but they can't if they have this "garbage" all over their forums.
Edited by Äcornsmasher on 11/6/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Let me use the blue post syntax and change the content to reflect my views.

"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, isn't fun... but my guild is actually having 1% enrage wipes every week, is threatening to gkick people not doing dailies, but is still more fun than previous guilds I've been in, so our whole guild does these things that we agree are not fun."

I agree with the general vibe of blues, reminding people that the sky is not falling, but over the years this game has removed a lot of the side work required to raid. Guild cauldrens, feasts, faster flying, mass rez / summons, and valor capping just from full clearing raids, have lessened the time commitment outside of raids. And for me, opened up time to go to the gym, go have a drink, and even go do more of what I enjoy in the game Raid!

When raiders in cata argued that too many bosses released on the same week forced guilds to raid massive hours, the blizzard devs happily responded with the current system which I love. Please understand that the conversation about coins is similar. We enjoy your content, but for guilds not running 6 alt raids a week to be world first... us regular folks ... we feel this is more work than we want.

Once we finish the opening tier,and people have settled into their routine, they know which faction is doing what... revert back to raiding filling the requirement for valor capping. Give us coins from challenge modes, once I've got my revered rep, I've seen the story from dailies 6 times, let me finish it with a tabbard, let us be flexible with play style, and if we only like one style of your content let us tunnel it, and still be competitive. I want a mechanics in game that keeps my guild logging on, without adding to their burnout.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe this has been said (i'm not gonna read all 52 pages of this thread) but dailies are also supposed to give the questers a way to earn valor and get epics without having to raid and/or do heroics.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Tamino
Maybe this has been said (i'm not gonna read all 52 pages of this thread) but dailies are also supposed to give the questers a way to earn valor and get epics without having to raid and/or do heroics.

That's fine. And if they remove rep requirements, or give those who want them tabards, the questers will still be able to get the same rewards without having to raid or do heroics. The current system rewards the questing play style, while punishing those who don't want to spend all their time doing dailies.
Reply Quote
14 Troll Shaman
Let me use the blue post syntax and change the content to reflect my views.

"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, isn't fun... but my guild is actually having 1% enrage wipes every week, is threatening to gkick people not doing dailies, but is still more fun than previous guilds I've been in, so our whole guild does these things that we agree are not fun."

if your guild is threatening to kick you out for not doing dailies, that's a problem with your guild, not with the game design.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
In Vanilla the world wasn't gated, if you didn't get into a raid it was the players you blamed, if you got camped in World PvP it was the players you blamed. When players demanded gates they put them in the cities more and more every expansion until in Cata "gated" became an issue.
So now they've with MoP they've tried to gate the open world with dailies and PvP vendor fights putting themselves, the designers between the players and their goals to overcome one another in a world of progression and pvp. Slowly they're taking the lid off like classic but progress is slow as the gated community get's less and less popular and while other games manage options for larger pools of MORPG players.
I was never in favor of the BG system queueing from the cities because of all the great world pvp it causes being outside so I think we should go back to that. Also the rank system was perfect (there was no decay it was other players out ranking you) in world PvP because it gave us nearly the whole world as our BG! I like arena but the rank system should still be an option.
This fear that our game designers will somehow let the other players out progress them by play time is the fear that keeps them from letting us finish reputations as fast as we want or PvP 24/7. Other games are holding the line with "hey hardcores will be hardcores" and are managing to provide content based on worlds at war. With the upcoming PvP dailies we are testing the line of how much content can cross paths without cross content complaints.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
11/05/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
That's a fair point and I'll honestly think about that more as I'm flipping through the front page of the forums.

When you give us less snark, I will send an email complaining.

Do not cave in to either the idiots asking for idiotic things or the morality police asking you to coddle them!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/06/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Redlukey

That's fine. And if they remove rep requirements, or give those who want them tabards, the questers will still be able to get the same rewards without having to raid or do heroics. The current system rewards the questing play style, while punishing those who don't want to spend all their time doing dailies.

Basically this. I quested from 55-90 (on this toon) and from 1-90 on two others (as well as 9 other toons to 85), so I'm sick of questing. I have no desire to do dailies at all, I would MUCH rather have tabards back. I thought this expansion was about having different ways to progress through content and enjoy endgame? I've got three level 90's right now and the only realistic way to get to 90 in any amount of reasonable time is to quest. Then once you get to 90, guess what? Daily quests. Want rep for that SWEEEEEET mount? Dailies. You have no other option. That's not giving us more ways to enjoy your content, it's restricting us to one way to consume content. Now, getting Valor from heroics, raids, quests and scenarios is GREAT, so excellent job there, no complaints about the availability of Valor in this expansion.

Realizing that it was this way before with rep tabards, it was at least accepted and a precedent was set. If you want to change things, fine, but throw a bone to people who enjoyed the content the way it was. You even added a tabard for the Huojin, so it can most certainly be done.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They are getting snarky because the playerbase is getting more stupid and whiny by the day. Heck, I love Blizzard snark. It is among the best snark you'll find anywhere on the boards and I always give them a thumbs up when I see it.

Bout time the devs and reps start telling the whiny players how it is.

Thank you.

11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
There are so many things about endgame progression that could be changed to save me time, enough so that I wouldn't have to worry about enjoying actually playing the game to improve my character and earn things.

Zarhym for president
Edited by Helmet on 11/6/2012 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Raknura

Basically this. I quested from 55-90 (on this toon) and from 1-90 on two others (as well as 9 other toons to 85), so I'm sick of questing. I have no desire to do dailies at all, I would MUCH rather have tabards back. I thought this expansion was about having different ways to progress through content and enjoy endgame? I've got three level 90's right now and the only realistic way to get to 90 in any amount of reasonable time is to quest. Then once you get to 90, guess what? Daily quests. Want rep for that SWEEEEEET mount? Dailies. You have no other option. That's not giving us more ways to enjoy your content, it's restricting us to one way to consume content. Now, getting Valor from heroics, raids, quests and scenarios is GREAT, so excellent job there, no complaints about the availability of Valor in this expansion.

Realizing that it was this way before with rep tabards, it was at least accepted and a precedent was set. If you want to change things, fine, but throw a bone to people who enjoyed the content the way it was. You even added a tabard for the Huojin, so it can most certainly be done.

While I hate dailies, I feel it's a perfectly acceptable solution to mounts, toys, and vanity items. I'll do a million dailies for my shado-pan tigers, that's fine, mounts don't become useless with the next patch, they aren't time sensitive. Gear on the other hand, has a limited lifespan. The longer it takes to get it, the less usable time you will have with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Helagoth
Do not cave in to either the idiots asking for idiotic things or the morality police asking you to coddle them!

Yes, please don't cave in to the fanboys who are asking for the current awful daily quest system to remain the same.

I agree 100 percent.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
the Elder coins were implemented to reward the players who put the increased time and effort in to obtain them. In no way are they needed to get loot. Consider it a bonus for the worker who does some overtime. Put some thought into an idea before posting trash like this on the forums. thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
There's a few things I don't think Blizzard is seeing, either because they have blinders on, or because they are afraid to admit that they screwed up. Here they are. Admittedly these points are somewhat subjective. They are opinions after all.

1. Dailys are horribly designed: I've said this before in other posts, and I'll say it again. They are a grind. I could write a novel about this, but I'll just say that they feel as though they were designed around grouping or having 463+ ilvl gear. The design flaws behind this should be immediately obvious. Also, as long as elder charms exist, and crafting recipes and valor gear are gated behind rep, which is gated behind dailys, most of the player base will always view the dailys as mandatory, albeit for different reasons.

2. Challenge modes are not accessible (and hence viable) for casuals. So you throw a bone to the hardcore players. That's fine. But quit pushing them like they are an option for everyone when they clearly are not. Also, the rewards from doing them aren't that great or exciting for many players. Ironically, the rewards (transmog gear) are more appealing to casuals than to hardcore players, IMHO.

3. Pet battles. Some players like them, and some couldn't care less. I'm one of those players who couldn't care less. I haven't trained for them on any of my characters. They seem pointless to me. They don't do much if anything for anyone, in terms of progression (better gear, rep, valor, etc).

4. PvP is along the same vein as pet battles. Some players love it, some hate it. I don't often find players who enjoy endgame PvE and PvP both. But I digress. My point is that I hate PvP, hence I won't do it. I much prefer pve, and pvp gear doesn't do much for me beyond maybe the heroic content, and even that is extremely debatable.

TLDR: Blizz needs to really look at the endgame content design and consider rebalancing things a bit. And they need to quit pushing trivial content that really doesn't appeal to everyone as though it should.
Reply Quote
i dont log in often, especially for a blue response. that being said, this is the. best. post. evar... if u think its snyde, then you are unintelligent, as this is by far the most useful post in the history of wow forums.
/salute Zarhym
-cryceratops, I troll trade
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Can we get Zarhym as an option on the new alliance/horde leader list. I see "write in" but yeah... Im thinking Zarhym is our only chance at not ending up with basic campfire as our leader.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zarhym, I salute you thusly, sir.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]