hmm?

90 Goblin Rogue
"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

I love the sheer smugness and undermining tone this response garnered. That being said, allow me to counter point.

-Gear drops like it ALWAYS has! Unless, always doesn't include that little time period from Vanilla/classic to Ice Cream Citadel when 25 (40) mans and 10 (depending on the loot system) mans dropped different loot!
-Bonus chances! BONUS CHANCES! It's not like you used to be able to obtain gear twice a week say in 10 man AND 25 man raids......
-I have to do something else for more loot!?!?!? GEEZ when will I farm mats for enhancements and/or crafting gear!?!? Good thing I won't have to compete with bots who are "multi-moon jumping (if you had a game genie as a kid you'll know what this term means)" and avoiding conflict for resources!
-If you don't want to do it, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN PROPERLY! :D
-And after you pay this opportunity cost of dealing with all this, sometimes you're rewarded 28g that has a higher inflation rate than the Iranian rial! way better than actual loot!

You guys are just so stupid. You don't even know how to have fun properly!

Welp, I'm off to a conference call to see how much our earnings have increased due to our awesomeness, and nothing to do with your customer loyalty!
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Rogue
The bottom line is that everything is leveraged solely in the direction of dailies.

You get valor, you get rep (which is necessary to utilize valor), you get gold, and you get charms. And you get free 489 epics at exalted. That's like... quadruple dipping.

and BINGO was his name-o!

Tabards do not hurt daily heroes! Let us have some cake too!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

How are they shoved down your throat? You don't have to do dailies.

But they do give you something to do and take little time to do.

If you don't want to do them, don't. But don't cry about not getting free loot rolls in the progress.

The problem is, the only people that complain about having to "do stuff" in the game, are the same one that complain its too hard, and they should be able to log on play for 15minutes and have the same stuff that everyone else is willing to work for.

Then they spend 5 hours online complaining in general chat how they have nothing to do.

Here is a reality check, not everything in the world is FUN, sometimes you'll have to work to earn something and sometimes having to work for something isn't fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
2. I loved running Kara and dungeons. I was having a blast with friends. I was still running them on my resto shaman well after the BoJ rewards were all useless.

Maybe dailies wouldn't seem so terrible if you did them with your friends. If they made running Heroic Shattered Halls 57 times bearable, dailies would be a cinch.

I don't mind dailies, I party up with my guildies and we quest them out while we chat and generally have a good time. Good company can make things you don't enjoy bearable.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Braneour
The problem is, the only people that complain about having to "do stuff" in the game, are the same one that complain its too hard, and they should be able to log on play for 15minutes and have the same stuff that everyone else is willing to work for.

Jesus Christ, is reading comprehension really that hard? We are willing to work for the rewards. We want to do some kind of work that isn't dailies, that isn't mindlessly doing the same god damn lame quest every 24 hours for a disgraceful amount of rep.

Tedious dailies are not hard. They aren't work. They are boring, they don't provide me with compelling gameplay. If I want to do quests and quests and quests, I'd have the Loremaster achievement. I go out of my way to do as few quests as possible when leveling, because I've done it before, it does not interest me a second, third or 15th time doing it.
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Rogue
11/07/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Redlukey
Jesus Christ, is reading comprehension really that hard? We are willing to work for the rewards.

This sums it up perfectly! No one wants hand outs. We want options, We want to "PLAY OUR WAY!"

Tabards do not hinder daily heroes, it will lessen the strain of overcrowded daily areas.

Plus we can only wear one tabard at a time, where you daily heroes that sit home all day can daily all factions.

I think you are the ones afraid someone might get something before you...
Edited by Pilky on 11/7/2012 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I like how people think epics should be handed to them like they were in certain patches in cata and wrath."Epic" gear is called "Epic" gear for a reason. They definitely shouldnt be just handed out, people are way too used to wellfare epics now, which is blizzards fault for getting people so used to it in the first place.

It wouldnt be an mmorpg if there wasnt grinding involved to get special gear/mounts/ect and like so and so said you dont need much gear to do bosses, guilds have already cleared norm and heroic MSV in mostly blues. Never ceases to baffle me how whiney and baby-ish the player base of this game has gotten since i came back to the game in cata, I just hope the devs want to keep it this way and dont go listening to the small percentage of players crying on the forums about how hard they think it is to get gear or how hard they think the raids are so they can hit them with the nerf bat like they did DS and ICC...
This is exactly why i only do 3v3 and rbgs now, The pvp community crys alot less if not at all,and are way more skilled then the average pve player, never in my raiding expirience, normal or heroic, have i had to use 55 keybinds/macros( which are used situationally, not like in pve where you have a cookie cutter rotation and know what the boss is going to do next already). The pvp community is also alot more easy going and humble, at least on my server which is the most competitve pvp server in the game atm...and since arena is unscripted you really cant nerf it, it remains challenging all season and theres a fantasitc MMR system that seperates teams into skill brackets.
Edited by Coolshaman on 11/7/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
[quote][quote="70057649048"][quote]
Waste of money being spent here on forum blues tbh-Get the Devs on here /endthread

You would rather have the Devs here? Wouldn't you rather have them, I don't know, developing content, instead of trying to appease every person on here many of which have opinions that are often contradictory of each other?
Reply Quote
I like how people think epics should be handed to them like they were in certain patches in cata and wrath."Epic" gear is called "Epic" gear for a reason. They definitely shouldnt be just handed out, people are way too used to wellfare epics now, which is blizzards fault for getting people so used to it in the first place.

It wouldnt be an mmorpg if there wasnt grinding involved to get special gear/mounts/ect and like so and so said you dont need much gear to do bosses, guilds have already cleared norm and heroic MSV in mostly blues. Never ceases to baffle me how whiney and baby-ish the player base of this game has gotten since i came back to the game in cata, I just hope the devs want to keep it this way and dont go listening to the small percentage of players crying on the forums about how hard they think it is to get gear or how hard they think the raids are so they can hit them with the nerf bat like they did DS and ICC...
This is exactly why i only do 3v3 and rbgs now, The pvp community crys alot less if not at all,and are way more skilled then the average pve and are very humble about, at least on my server...and since arena is unscripted you really cant nerf it it remains challenging all season

We do not want things just handed out.
WE. DO. NOT. WANT. THINGS. JUST. HANDED. OUT.

How many times does this need to be said?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

What he's saying is you don't need to do dailies to get gear from raids.. it's not a mandatory thing. People who choose to do dailies get a little extra reward.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There's no such thing as a bonus.

Any advantage I can have, that I don't take, is a penalty.

i'd beg to differ, in my raiding days, people failed to comprehend how to min/max their characters with the right professions, gems, enchants. those aren't even bonuses and no one really bothered to care about that. (being as its right in your face, it should be the first thing you learn when you want to raid).

My point is that this situation that we're in (dailys and maxing out your character's potential), is being treated much differently and is getting much more attention; when if you think about it, all it comes down to is maximizing your character, and there's a lot of places where people can go wrong BESIDES not doing their dailies.

tl;dr, shouldn't be the only thing you look at when you claim it to be a penalty
Edited by Teradan on 11/7/2012 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/07/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Koltaraeus

Why on earth would people quit the game over optional content? Most of the people who claim to have quit are still playing while they continue to whine. I don't think Blizzard has anything to worry about here.

You are kidding yourself if you think this daily issue will just go away and won't cost the game subscriptions. It will...Just wait. It prob has already and they just aren't saying so.

Dailies have been in the game for several expansions now, and used to be the only way you could get rep with certain factions. Other factions you could only get rep if you raided or did dungeons. Yet people are still playing. Threats of "well I'm going to quit because you did this" aren't really that convincing of an argument.

It's a game in which loot has always been subject to chance, yet people still complain about not getting it when they want it. I simply don't understand this point of view. Yes it can be frustrating, but it's part of the game and in some form or another, always has been. Even rep and some gear (like certain craftables) has been subject to a chance of drop or rep grinding since Vanilla.

No one is forced to do dailies, no one is forced to raid, or even do heroics. However, if you want items in this game, you're going to have to work for it; it's part of the game. How long would you play if you got all the gear you wanted as soon as you hit 90? How many times would you run an instance if everything you needed dropped right away and you won the roll? After you got all the items you wanted right away, what would you do? Likely, you'd stop playing, or you'd demand Blizzard give you something more to do. They can't constantly create new things to do. It's not like they can magically poof new content into existence, so things that are set up now need to take a while so they have time to create more.

If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them. They're optional and so are the coins. You still get a roll on loot in LFR, coins are just a little extra bonus so that you get another CHANCE at loot.

Consider the lottery, do you buy lottery tickets and then complain when you don't win? Do you complain that you're "forced to buy lottery tickets" so that you can have a chance to win money? Or do you realize that it's a game of chance and completely optional?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

ahaha owned by a Blue. =] Nice, Zarhym.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/07/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Mylene
What you don't seem to understand though is that Z is telling you that Optional Dailies are Optional, and forcing yourself to do them when you don't want to them doesn't make much sense.

The bottom line is that everything is leveraged solely in the direction of dailies.

You get valor, you get rep (which is necessary to utilize valor), you get gold, and you get charms. And you get free 489 epics at exalted. That's like... quadruple dipping.

I wholeheartedly agree with keeping charms as a reward for doing dailies. We're talking maybe 3 days worth of dailies to get 90 charms for a week. That would go a very, very long way towards incentivizing dailies yet removing the 'forced' aspect. The problem is the gating, which I think is just overboard. You can't ignore dailies altogether without hindering other avenues of play. The ilvl upgrade system may help that somewhat, but the entire system is geared around some weird philosophy of "eat your vegetables and you can have the rest of your dinner" much less any semblance of dessert.

And yeah, you can choose not to do them, but that essentially involves accepting second class status for what looks like the entirety of the xpac. Its not about comparing ourselves to Blood Legion, its about basic niceties that rewarded people who weren't the best.

Instead of knowing you suck and being able to accept it, to be able to enjoy LFR, to enjoy 5 man dungeons, and to look forward to nice things on par with those people via valor in case the opportunity someday opened up, now you have to find some enjoyment in dailies for that kind of opportunity, precluding the things you would enjoy doing. It has the potential to be demoralizing, and you're seeing it throughout the forums.

I think, grand scheme, I've played enough MMOs to believe that the most effective gates are the ones people don't notice. For better or worse, people have noticed this one, and I don't really know how its going to play out.

You seem to not understand the concept of "Having a goal to work towards" and "Something you are forced to do every day"

If you don't understand the difference between these two concepts, then it is time for you to shut off the computer and experience the outdoors for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This is exactly why i only do 3v3 and rbgs now, The pvp community crys alot less if not at all,and are way more skilled then the average pve and are very humble about, at least on my server...and since arena is unscripted you really cant nerf it it remains challenging all season

WE. DO. NOT. WANT. THINGS. JUST. HANDED. OUT.

How many times does this need to be said?

Could have fooled me, after all people are basically asking for the tiny roadblocks keeping them from obtaining epics to be removed or paths made around them. Which is ironic because the method in question is actually an alternative method to the normal method (instances) In other words people want an alternate for an alternate to get the rewards in question.
Edited by Draug on 11/7/2012 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]