hmm?

90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Drakinn
Ok, you honestly dont understand all am saying if u dont wanna raid at all the only way to get good VP gear is Rep grind been fun blue am going to bed night. ; D

I think he understands you clearly - you don't want to play the actual game at all, you just want rewards for doing whatever you feel like doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/05/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Onionrings
Cloud Serpent is easy. Second easiest after Lorewalkers. You have the option of farming for eggs if you don't want to do the dailies. And unlike the the anglers, it isn't limited to 3 per day, and unlike cache keys for GL or dread amber for Klaxxi, it's actually possible to make a fair amount of progress through the rep with just eggs.

Thanks for that, I'll have to look into it - I thought they were all pretty much the same. On topic though, I didn't have a clue what the OP was complaining about when I read his thread - it was kinda a "I hate LFR and coins" thing...which was kinda like asking for LFR to be removed totally.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Xaxsan
You pay $15 to repeat the same boring quests every single day, and fight to keep it that way.
you would fight to keep something that you enjoy as well

No one is saying to remove dailies. They can exist all they want. If you like dailies good for you! You must be in heaven. Some of us would rather have other options.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Dysheki
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then. I don't want to either.

Zarhym admits he/she doesn't want to do dailies. What can we infer out of this? Devs admit they aren't fun. Which they aren't.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Heck, I'll even go three times. But past that? Pfffffft.

I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I dont like daily's so much myself... but i do them because i want the valor gear. That being said, i wont be doing them on any alts and not sure if i ever will (even after rep changes).

Id like to know why my tank (who wont do dailys) gets Valor for the 5 mans and scenario's but cant use it on anything unless i do daily's. This makes no sense to me ....

Play how i want? What a crock ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/05/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Drakinn
Ok, you honestly dont understand all am saying if u dont wanna raid at all the only way to get good VP gear is Rep grind been fun blue am going to bed night. ; D

Hang on there! Let me guess...something to do with Character progression!

But...
Doesn't want to do dailies (bored)
Doesn't want to raid (have a life)
Doesn't want to PvP for gear (not his cup of tea)
Doesn't want to buy crafted gear (too expensive)
Doesn't want to do challenge mode (too hard)

Well, these people don't really have much desire for character progression do they?
Edited by Sanglis on 11/5/2012 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Sanglis
Well, these people have don't really have much desire for character progression do they?

*done in the style of those old Corn Pop commercials. 90s kids might know this*

GOTTA HAVE MY PURPLES
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I wasn't aware Blizzard made you do dailies. Oh wait, they don't.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

*applauds*

How long until someone says "OH, So he's admitting Cataclysm was a failure then!?". *rolls eyes*

I dont like daily's so much myself... but i do them because i want the valor gear. That being said, i wont be doing them on any alts and not sure if i ever will (even after rep changes).

Id like to know why my tank (who wont do dailys) gets Valor for the 5 mans and scenario's but cant use it on anything unless i do daily's. This makes no sense to me ....

Play how i want? What a crock ...

It is called Double-Dipping.

Back in Cataclysm, if you wanted ANYTHING PvE, you had to do nothing but Heroics and Raids. Heroics and Raids, Heroics and Raids, Heroics and Raids... dailies weren't good for anything other than Helm and Shoulder enchants once you got past the first raid tier (rep rewards were worthless).

Then 4.2 came out, and the only thing you "needed" dailies for, was 465 gear and some crafting patterns.

Still, Heroics and Raids.

Then 4.3 came, and... yup, Heroics and Raids.

Now, MoP comes out and the devs are scratching their heads going "Okay so you run a dungeon and get JP/VP... and you buy gear. You get drops from the heroics, you can buy justice gear, and you can buy valor gear. This doesn't make much sense."

Not to mention how many players were saying "All this game is anymore is 'sit in SW/Org and Queue up all day long" and they were right -- you got max gear by... yes... sitting in SW/Org with your Queue on.

Now, they're asking you to leave the city and DO THINGS in the game world other than Queue up for dungeons and now it is "BLAAAAAAH I WANT TO SIT IN TOWN AND DO NOTHING BUT HEROICS FOR FREE PURPLES!!!"

*rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
[quote="70032649859"] I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

Your idea of progress is very different then mine, and I'm guessing a lot of other peoples.

Making something slower to get isn't content
Making something repeatable isn't content

"There's nothing to do" is just as bad as "All I have to do is dailies".

You guys have solved nothing but provided a way to create the illusion of content through repeat nonsense. Likely the reason I have 300 days played, 98% of which are from WoW --> end of WoTLK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Naiyr

At least I get gold, vp and charms from dailies. Rather then sit on my butt bored in game.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Hunter
Here's how I have approached this expansion so far. Dailies dailies dailies omg dailies!... Wait this daily crap sucks, so kiss my butt golden lotus I'll probably get some gloves before i get you and your pals august celestials high enough to get the valor anyway.

So now what I still like 3 extra chances and I actually enjoy tillers anglers and klaxxi dailies so I'll do them :) and lfr, at least the 1st half. Trying to explain to 25 people that you have to not stand in stuff and kill adds is heart wrenching. I know it isn't everyone, just had some horrible experiences in my few runs... and scenarios! With raid gear those things don't last very long, and I haven't seen them all yet so its still new. Last but not least heorics! a dungeon a day keeps the Dr away.

At this point I would like to point out that alot of people are unhappy with the MoP system as compared to the Cata system. I know that it has been said by many a blue that less people did heroics when you could do them all in one day for the week, but doing 1 every day can be a bit daunting for some folks schedule. And its great to get 4 friends whether on mains or alts together and settle in for a few hours of facerolling good times, just to check off one more thing on the weekly to do list. The one thing that I believe needs to be considered, or should be at the very least, is that alot of these dungeons are places that shouldn't ought to be dungeons, normally. Shadow pan monastary, temple of the jade serpent, nizoau (horrible spelling) temple, the gate... the list goes on. Point is, we are helping these people. We are running past them into the face of danger and KICKING ITS BUTT!!! don't you think that should earn us some friendship points? We even save the shadow pan leader for crying out loud, but I can't even get out of friendly until I get super buddy buddy with the golden lotus? A faction that from the looks of how it has been presented was only myth and rumor till we got the celestials to open the door? Someone ought to close that darn thing already, just sayin.

TL;DR

Yes we have lots of stuff to do now, too much for some.

If you dangle a carrot with the slightest promise of more, people will greed it into being mandatory

People like choices, you said so yourself, that's why we miss all our old talents (sorry that was a dig) choosing to do dungeons for reputation makes sense for certain dungeons and factions

finally my opinion is my own disagree if you like but I don't think that EVERYONE wants to be handed something there are a lot of folks that do, and you'd be hard pressed to give away something valuable to you that someone gave you (don't kid yourself) I have made peace with the state of things and am still excited about the new things i have yet to experience and things down the pipe. I am hearing more and more that people are burnt out with this or that and don't want to do this anymore and that is their choice.

You can't win em all
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I could give you some of my lesser coins. I have over 1000 of the things...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
*looks at thread*

*looks at all the rage in the thread*

*looks around*

*states*

"I like Turtles"

*leaves thread*
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed.

Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

My valor is capped for the week, my charms are capped for the next several weeks, and every post I make or read I'm feeling more and more behind schedule. But I've fallen so far behind now, that I don't want to try and catch up.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
11/05/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Rosenivy

At least I get gold, vp and charms from dailies. Rather then sit on my butt bored in game.

Gold is useless

VP is only useful if you aren't raiding and need the gear, most of which is useless by the time you have the rep for it.

Charms are nice, but useless to guilds that could careless about LFR faceroll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Your idea of progress is very different then mine, and I'm guessing a lot of other peoples.

Making something slower to get isn't content
Making something repeatable isn't content

Hey! Hey! You've gone from "Progression" to "Content".

I hate it when people try twist an argument. Progression is when you get a little closer to your goals. Content is having more goals. There are a lot of goals, and you need to progress towards those goals. Your point isn't valid sorry.

Progression in NO WAY equals content.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/05/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Drakinn
that sort of forces u into dailys if so

No. What would be forcing you to do dailies is if a Blizzard Ninja squad led by Neth crashed through your window and grabbed your favorite cat/dog/parent/sibling and held them hostage with dire threats of turning them into gingerbread cookies if you don't do your dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/05/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Naiyr
Gold is useless

Says who?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]