Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Orc Warrior
I've seen no acknowledgement of this.

Blizzard plz go to your internal data and look at Garalon failure rates and how it is causing people to not down a single boss due to the constant 2/3 queue times. We're all stuck here and I'd like to know if it is going to take a few weeks to fix or a few days.
you will know there are aware of it when you see the rolling restart announcement.
90 Human Paladin
It actually wasn't that hard. You just have to have someone explaining the main things to the rest of the noobs who aren't going to look it up, like me. lol

Pink circle is bad stay away. DPS stay in green circle and attack legs only. Stay away from pink circle! Then the tanks have to know how to kite this thing around or you're screwed.

Oh yeah, and stay the eff away from the pink circle! Don't even go near the tanks either and stay out of the little yellow circles!

This fight is all about tanks kiting properly to keep the yellow circles out of the raid and the dps staying the eff out of the pink circle.
Edited by Sarvan on 11/7/2012 8:05 AM PST
90 Gnome Warrior
Honestly, after several times of trying to kill him rather unsuccessfully yesterday I can't help but wonder if:

1) He's either overtuned

and/or

2) People are just unaware of mechanics

and/or

3) Players need to chill the heck out and understand that with a brand new boss, you can't always one shot them even if it IS LFR.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People ignore mechanics. That's their own fault.
God forbid you need to pay attention to a mechanic to complete an encounter.

They nerfed his health by ~20% and legs by like 30-40% anyway.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Took my raid in lfr 2 tries to get him. I don't see what the problem is unless people are trying to play hide and seek under his stomach
90 Human Priest
2) People are just unaware of mechanics

and/or

3) Players need to chill the heck out and understand that with a brand new boss, you can't always one shot them even if it IS LFR.

It's these two. The boss is not hard.

People will learn. They'll have to if they want their epics. Maybe we won't kill the boss this week or even next week, but it will happen.

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Kookshelper
Many posts have been made by players claiming to have killed this boss in an LFR .. are they lying?

Killed it last night, but only because we had a large number of guildies in group who were on vent and it took multiple wipes after which we replaced the majority of the people pugging because they dropped group.
90 Draenei Shaman
We had a couple people in our guild kill him in LFR. Those of us in another group that went weren't so lucky. :P DPS have a hard time not standing under him it seems. People will get it with time. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf.

Also, we tried for about an hour to get into a fresh LFR. Nope, every queue that popped was 2/6 >_<
90 Goblin Death Knight

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

If it is so easy why are you 2/3 -- no kill.
Edited by Hydrox on 11/7/2012 8:15 AM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
Many posts have been made by players claiming to have killed this boss in an LFR .. are they lying?

It's a conspiracy. Ssssssssh!

God forbid one or two people take the time to explain it to people, designate a pairf of phero kiters, and have someone mark legs as they spawn. It ain't rocket science just takes coordination but everyone wants to complain instead of explain.
90 Undead Death Knight

many in relative to what? I mean this boss is a complete nightmare for your average LFR raid, you pretty much need alot of competent raiders to carry
Edited by Ukali on 11/7/2012 8:17 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Just don't stand under the purple circle and kill the legs, was an EXTREMELY easy fight.

He was doing like 65-75k damage to people who weren't paying attention on got slammed down on by the boss. 0 wipes and was very simple, just take 3 minutes to explain the fight and even PUGS will pay attention..for the most part.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
He has one mechanic missing, and 10 man normal mode damage despite being a 25 man boss.

It's already dumbed down significantly for the sake of poor quality raiders. God forbid you actually have to pay attention to a mechanic or two.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Listen coming in here and shouting "how easy" he was doesn't earn you hardcore points, it makes you look like a fool. It is over tuned for LFR and the fact you can only get 2/6 queue for hours on end proves it.
90 Tauren Hunter
Gone are the days of the DS LFR facerolls. This is no normal or heroic, but these new LFR raids do indeed now require some semblance of raid awareness. Too bad most are still under the illusion that this will be a 30 minute loot pinata.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
11/07/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Hydrox
Listen coming in here and shouting "how easy" he was doesn't earn you hardcore points, it makes you look like a fool. It is over tuned for LFR and the fact you can only get 2/6 queue for hours on end proves it.

So what's overtuned about it exactly?

I'm honestly curious, because all it sounds to me is 'dont stand in bad, dont stand in crush aoe'.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]