Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Goblin Death Knight
Also crush isn't the problem its the debuff and how it spread through the raid. The crush is not a lot of damage and can be avoided. The debuff on the other hand is almost unavoidable at this level.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/07/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Hydrox
Listen coming in here and shouting "how easy" he was doesn't earn you hardcore points, it makes you look like a fool. It is over tuned for LFR and the fact you can only get 2/6 queue for hours on end proves it.
Overtuned implies the damage is unhealable or the damage required is not possible before berserk.
It is not overtuned. People just need to stop being retarded.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Hydrox
Listen coming in here and shouting "how easy" he was doesn't earn you hardcore points, it makes you look like a fool. It is over tuned for LFR and the fact you can only get 2/6 queue for hours on end proves it.

So accept it and get it out of the way.
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/07/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Ashley
Overtuned implies the damage is unhealable or the damage required is not possible before berserk.
It is not overtuned. People just need to stop being retarded.

Actually I think overtuned means a mechanic so punishing that a large percentage of the raids attempting are failing multiple times.
90 Orc Hunter

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

If it is so easy why are you 2/3 -- no kill.

Trust me, he's easy for a competent group. I had a few wipes in the morning, then I got into a better group and we one shot him. People just need to realize there's actual game mechanics on that fight and they can't tunnel vision their way to epics.
90 Goblin Death Knight

So accept it and get it out of the way.

I wish I could. But, even if I did I wouldn't be able to see the other two bosses because all that will pop are 2/6 queues.
90 Tauren Priest
You mean my dungeon journal actually serves a purpose other than looking up loot for a boss? OMG.
The story of LFR since DS.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 11/7/2012 8:28 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Hydrox
Actually I think overtuned means a mechanic so punishing that a large percentage of the raids attempting are failing multiple times.
Tuning is in regards to the possibility of downing the fight in relation to the gear level of the raid. eg., many raid groups felt Elegon was overtuned because of the numbers involved.
It turned out they were wrong (about normal mode, at least. Heroic was fixed).

Again.
A mechanic (which is easily dealt with, mind you) being present does not mean a fight is overtuned. It just means someone needs to spend a minute explaining said mechanic so that the fight foes smoothly.
90 Human Death Knight
I've wiped on Emperor multiple times too.

No different until people work together.
90 Human Paladin
I spent about an hour as a DPS with 4-7 min queue times trying to queue up for a fresh Heart of Fear run.

All I ever got was 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down, 2/3 bosses down

Then I realized I was really tired and I wasn't having any fun so went to bed early.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Hydrox
I wish I could. But, even if I did I wouldn't be able to see the other two bosses because all that will pop are 2/6 queues.

When I had similar problems with the first two instances, I discovered the system will prioritize you for a fresh clear (though your wait time will increase, for me it was 30 minutes vs 15) if you complete the partial clear first.

Or you can sit here and complain, even though that takes longer and has even less chance of being fruitful.

Your call.
Edited by Amyiss on 11/7/2012 8:32 AM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight

Trust me, he's easy for a competent group. I had a few wipes in the morning, then I got into a better group and we one shot him. People just need to realize there's actual game mechanics on that fight and they can't tunnel vision their way to epics.

So to kill this in LFR, it is expect to "find" a competent group. That right there is proof it isn't easy.
90 Troll Shaman
Garalon = easiest fight in that LFR. By FAR.

Step 1) Pew Pew the legs to slow boss.
Step 2) 2 Tanks kite boss.
Step 3) -NOBODY- Stand in purple circle under boss, ever.
Step 4) DPS eventually kills boss.
Step 5) Phat Lewts.
90 Worgen Death Knight
My problem with this fight is its nearly impossible to get a fresh instance because of it. Queued with a group had 2/3 pop up like four times in a row, we finally accepted since completing is supposed to up your chances of fresh queues. So we finally accept a 2/3 queue, kill the boss. Queue again, wait 30 minutes...2/3. It would be nice to be able to do the first two bosses.
90 Undead Warlock
Garalon = easiest fight in that LFR. By FAR.

Step 1) Pew Pew the legs to slow boss.
Step 2) 2 Tanks kite boss.
Step 3) -NOBODY- Stand in purple circle under boss, ever.
Step 4) DPS eventually kills boss.
Step 5) Phat Lewts.

It's a little more complicated than that.

But not much.
90 Orc Hunter
11/07/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Hydrox
That right there is proof it isn't easy.

It's a BOSS. that drops epics. He's not supposed to be easy.

Jesus, do you guys just want to log in and have epics mailed to you?
90 Draenei Death Knight
Tuning is in regards to the possibility of downing the fight in relation to the gear level of the raid. eg., many raid groups felt Elegon was overtuned because of the numbers involved.
It turned out they were wrong (about normal mode, at least. Heroic was fixed).

Again.
A mechanic (which is easily dealt with, mind you) being present does not mean a fight is overtuned. It just means someone needs to spend a minute explaining said mechanic so that the fight foes smoothly.

Yeah ash your exactly right when I was doing it with my priest the first group I did it with failed horribly because they didn't explain it. But when I changed back later on and the raid lead actually stopped for a minute and explained the fight it was easy.
Edited by Nelaniena on 11/7/2012 8:39 AM PST
90 Gnome Priest

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

Because he got stuck with players who can't figure out how to even crawl yet.

It is an easy fight. People who claim otherwise are probably also the ones who think doing daiies is hard.
90 Human Warlock
11/07/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Amyiss
I discovered the system will prioritize you for a fresh clear (though your wait time will increase, for me it was 30 minutes vs 15) if you complete the partial clear first.

That assumes you actually get to fight the boss. Of the 5 or 6, 2/3 groups I got into last night I only managed to actually try the fight once. Every other time it was 4-6 min to get into the 2/3 and then 15min of standing there staring at Garalon watching the continuous xxxx has joined the raid, xxxx has left the group. After waiting those ~15min I eventually left myself and either went and did LFR for MSV or jumped over to my offserver alt and did some dailies or looked for a Sha raid.

I don't mind joining a 2/3, I don't even mind wiping a couple of times on a fight, I would actually like to attempt the kill instead of having a staring contest with a big bug for 10+ minutes.
Edited by Sharmarli on 11/7/2012 8:40 AM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
Killed Garalon on the first pull in LFR... It really isn't hard, read the dungeon journal for once! Execute the 2 mechanics in the fight and whala, you have killed Garalon >_>
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]