Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Dwarf Paladin

LFR is not progression raiding, most LFR players will tolerate 2 to 3 wipes than drop and the remainder are left waiting for 10-15 minutes for another attempt. This cycle continues and we are left with only 2/6 queues.

And that there is your problem. Its the people, not the encounter. The encounter is already easy, it shouldn't be made easier because people are terrible and just expect free loot.

If wiping 2-3 times is too much and trying to use "Well its LFR" as an excuse as to why you should never wipe, you simply do not get the concept of the game.

Wiping is PART of the game AT ANY level of difficulty. So QQ all you want, the encounter is easy, the players that bail or don't jump into a 2/3 run are the issue.

And until those "entitled" players figure out they'll actually have to learn to play, the LFR queue issue won't go away.
90 Undead Death Knight
you can look at the situation of ONLY 2/6 queues popping and being in multiple failing groups and realize this is not what LFR was designed for.

Except I know many people that had no problem killing him, and I'm trying to politely say it's not the boss, it's you and your groups.

If they wanted to increase the difficulty of LFR than do so incrementally across multiple encounters over a period of time.

That's what's happening. You just can't get past step one.

because you can realistically control who you get in LFR right?

I'm in a semi-casual raiding guild doing heroics, and we've killed gara on normal on week 1. So far no one in our raid have killed gara in LFR tells me its not as simple as you make it out to be.

yes I know some of you got carried/lucky into a LFR raid with alot of competent premade players, but that's not what LFR is designed to be. Granted I heard they already nerfed gara today, so I don't know how difficult he is now
Edited by Ukali on 11/7/2012 9:13 AM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/07/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Spiritualus
Shouting it's easy and calling other players "bad" or "welfare" doesn't negate the fact that this is causing a major problem for LFR queues.

Can you not read?

I haven't insulted you. I have disagreed with you and presented some ideas of why I feel so.
90 Human Paladin
And that there is your problem. Its the people, not the encounter. The encounter is already easy, it shouldn't be made easier because people are terrible and just expect free loot.

I think it's more expecting to queue for Heart of Fear and getting something other than 2/6 bosses down. getting the achievement in order to queue for the other half of the raid is also nice.
90 Human Warlock
11/07/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Seyl
Listen coming in here and shouting "how easy" he was doesn't earn you hardcore points, it makes you look like a fool. It is over tuned for LFR and the fact you can only get 2/6 queue for hours on end proves it.

So what's overtuned about it exactly?

I'm honestly curious, because all it sounds to me is 'dont stand in bad, dont stand in crush aoe'.

There is a significant difference between, if you stand in the bad, you die and if you stand in the bad, the whole raid dies. The latter simply does not belong on LFR.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/07/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Sozu
We're all stuck here

Nope.
Learn the fight, communicate the strategy, execute it in standard LFR subpar fashion, collect your 28g.

LOL omg I just started crying that was too funny!
90 Orc Hunter

There is a significant difference between, if you stand in the bad, you die and if you stand in the bad, the whole raid dies. The latter simply does not belong on LFR.

Says who??

Past precedent? Cause DS LFR worked out so well, amirite?
90 Dwarf Paladin

That's what's happening. You just can't get past step one.

My position is this step was far too large for majority of players. Having to get lucky enough to find a group of people who can overcome this fight is not what LFR has or the vision developers have shared.

How exactly is it "my" group. I like you are put in a random group.

Are you standing in the purple circle? If you are, you are doing it wrong.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Yes it does.

Someone making mistakes has been able to kill lfr in the past. People learn.

It's a giant circle, stay out of it. Collect loot.
90 Human Warrior
My LFR group killed it earlier after about 10 of the bads causing Crush were left to die. Took a while but the major raid damage stopped. ;o
90 Blood Elf Priest

Says who??

DS was the same though.

Players killing the tendrils on spine was a nearly certain wipe.

Tanks not pressing their button on Ultraxion was a nearly certain wipe.

Tanks not taunting on madness was a nearly certain wipe.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/07/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Kurnea

I think it's more expecting to queue for Heart of Fear and getting something other than 2/6 bosses down. getting the achievement in order to queue for the other half of the raid is also nice.

You have all week ... get over it.
15 Undead Priest
I have not done this fight yet on any alt, however from what I read it seems to be difficult to down this boss in LFR.

I see a lot of you defending the difficulty by saying things like "it's easy, Learn to Play, read the journal" etc. But I don't think the issue lies in the individuals posting in these forums. As an individual, I can learn all the mechanics (like many of you have stated the OP should do) but I have no control on whether or not the people I've been randomly grouped with knows the mechanics or even cares about them.

If LFR is constantly failing at a certain boss, I think it's in blizzards best interest to investigate the cause, and if necessary make changes to the mechanics so that a group of random people can actually beat it in a reasonable amount of attempts.
Edited by Neversaint on 11/7/2012 10:00 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR Garalon is fine. Did it for the first time yesterday, only wiped once and that was because half the raid got locked out of the room when someone started.

You crybabies need to stop rejecting 2/3 queues. Blizzard needs to put a confirmation window on leaving an incomplete LFR, in large, impossible to ignore text that reads:

"Are you sure you want to leave this group? COMPLETING THIS PARTIAL RUN WILL GUARANTEE THAT YOUR NEXT QUEUE IS A FRESH RUN."
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's not a hard fight, but last night I saw a player trigger Crush nine times during an attempt...and then ask what they were doing wrong. Add two or three others running around like chickens with their heads cut off, losing half the group per attempt, and NO ONE understanding how to kite Garalon, and it's definitely a pain in the rear of an idiot check fight.
90 Human Warrior
Says who??

SINGLE TARGET THE TENTACLES!!!!!!!
Edited by Taelen on 11/7/2012 10:05 AM PST
90 Human Monk
I just downed it. It's not hard. Don't let him get fury and stay out of the purple circle.
90 Worgen Death Knight
It took my LFR raid 4 attempts to kill Garalon.

1. No one knew what to do
2. Figured out strat, but the other tank ran into the purple circle.
3. New tank, he also ran into the purple circle. However, we got the boss down to like 30%, we probably would have killed him on this attempt, but the DPS who were eating swipes and trading pheremones with me all died.
4. New tank, completed the fight.

Seriously this fight isn't that hard. Only 2 people (tanks) need any real coordination.

Actually, you only need one tank that knows what to do, and 1 tank that can follow directions. That's what I did on attempt #3 after the tank died. I would give the DPS standing in front of the boss the pheremones, and I would take it back when my debuff ran out.

Once you know the fight it's simple.
90 Pandaren Monk
Killed it first shot as soon as servers came up. Wasnt hard at all. Dont see what all the complaining is about.

Kick the bad players who trigger crush, get 2 good kiters, GG, boss dead.
90 Tauren Paladin
Blizzard plz go to your internal data and look at Garalon failure rates and how it is causing people to not down a single boss due to the constant 2/3 queue times. We're all stuck here and I'd like to know if it is going to take a few weeks to fix or a few days.

I shudder to think how people will respond to Ambershaper.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]