Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Braneour

I think it's more expecting to queue for Heart of Fear and getting something other than 2/6 bosses down. getting the achievement in order to queue for the other half of the raid is also nice.

You have all week ... get over it.

I already did it and got the achievement, I'm not really complaining, but I couldn't help but correct you on what people's issues really were. People wanted to see and try out the other 2 bosses.
100 Human Paladin

So accept it and get it out of the way.

I wish I could. But, even if I did I wouldn't be able to see the other two bosses because all that will pop are 2/6 queues.

If you just do the 2/6 queue and queue up again your next one will be fresh.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Not always true. Last night I had to go through a lot of 2/6 groups after I killed the easymode last boss before I got a 0/6 group.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Once people understand its not a tank and spank and that there are mechanics to it, its not that hard. Wiped on it 3 or 4 times until everyone understood wtf was going on.
100 Pandaren Mage
pretty sure the "hotfix" for it, just hotbroke every que, GO BLIZZ GO
90 Human Monk
t took my LFR raid 4 attempts to kill Garalon.

1. No one knew what to do
2. Figured out strat, but the other tank ran into the purple circle.
3. New tank, he also ran into the purple circle. However, we got the boss down to like 30%, we probably would have killed him on this attempt, but the DPS who were eating swipes and trading pheremones with me all died.
4. New tank, completed the fight.

Seriously this fight isn't that hard. Only 2 people (tanks) need any real coordination.

Actually, you only need one tank that knows what to do, and 1 tank that can follow directions. That's what I did on attempt #3 after the tank died. I would give the DPS standing in front of the boss the pheremones, and I would take it back when my debuff ran out.

Once you know the fight it's simple.

Hey Hon you were in my group ^.^
90 Pandaren Shaman

I wish I could. But, even if I did I wouldn't be able to see the other two bosses because all that will pop are 2/6 queues.

definitely not true.

definitely not true.

There are so many groups failing that it tries to get you a fresh run but cant.
Community Manager
I've seen no acknowledgement of this.

Blizzard plz go to your internal data and look at Garalon failure rates and how it is causing people to not down a single boss due to the constant 2/3 queue times. We're all stuck here and I'd like to know if it is going to take a few weeks to fix or a few days.

A hotfix went in recently that re-tunes Garalon to be more appropriate for Raid Finder groups - he now has less health and Furious Swipe does less damage.

When did you last face him? The hotfix would have been applied yesterday evening (and will be noted in the next hotfix update blog).
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/7/2012 11:36 AM PST
100 Troll Shaman
A hotfix went in recently that re-tunes Garalon to be more appropriate for Raid Finder groups - he now has less health and Furious Swipe does less damage.

When did you last face him? The hotfix would have been applied yesterday evening (and will be noted in the next hotfix update blog).

I faced him last night, so it may have been after the hotfix. People kept mindlessly dying, though I'd think more due to stupidity than difficulty.

I also tried to get into a fresh run (since the first LFR I did was a continuation), but the LFR queue kept trying to put me back into the same raid. *urk*
Edited by Alayea on 11/7/2012 11:41 AM PST
1 Orc Warrior

Blizzard plz go to your internal data and look at Garalon failure rates and how it is causing people to not down a single boss due to the constant 2/3 queue times. We're all stuck here and I'd like to know if it is going to take a few weeks to fix or a few days.

lol. i guess that explains why I finally suddenly one-shot him last night.

in any case, your lfr design that prioritizes refilling groups that wipe on later bosses, is pardon my language RETARDED. When I queue LFR I want a fresh LFR, period. why on earth would I keep getting re-queued into a 2/3 bosses down failraid. In addition, this would also discourage people from bailing after first wipe, since now they'll have to redo the whole place to return to this boss.
90 Night Elf Druid
People will learn. They'll have to if they want their epics. Maybe we won't kill the boss this week or even next week, but it will happen.

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

WRONG! Blizzard will just hotfix a nerf so bad players can get their epics without thought or effort. See Blue post in this thread.

lol. i guess that explains why I finally suddenly one-shot him last night.

in any case, your lfr design that prioritizes refilling groups that wipe on later bosses, is pardon my language RETARDED. When I queue LFR I want a fresh LFR, period. why on earth would I keep getting re-queued into a 2/3 bosses down failraid. In addition, this would also discourage people from bailing after first wipe, since now they'll have to redo the whole place to return to this boss.

How do you suggest LFR groups get spots refilled? o.O
100 Blood Elf Warrior
People will learn. They'll have to if they want their epics. Maybe we won't kill the boss this week or even next week, but it will happen.

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

WRONG! Blizzard will just hotfix a nerf so bad players can get their BAGS OF GOLD without thought or effort. See Blue post in this thread.

FTFY
85 Troll Mage

The problem is the 2/3 queues. Not Garalon. I wouldnt mind it if I had ever even got to attempt the first 2. But every single queue for the past 24 hours has been a 2/3.
100 Orc Death Knight
This was not a difficult boss. If you have 2 people who know what they're doing on the kite job the rest of it is kill legs/boss, don't go under the boss, win. There wasn't even much to avoid.
90 Night Elf Druid
Took a single try yesterday afternoon, not sure what the hubbub is about. Its an easy boss.
90 Human Warlock

I'm curious why you went with these changes. Were people really commonly wiping at 15%? This seems to me like an all or nothing fight. Either you have people with the capacity to not stand in the purple circle and spread the debuff and breeze though it, or you have people who can't handle that, and you never make it below 50%.

I put in quite a few attempts last night and I don't see how the boss having a little less hp and his cleave doing less damage would have helped at all.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/07/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Rashend
This was not a difficult boss. If you have 2 people who know what they're doing on the kite job the rest of it is kill legs/boss, don't go under the boss, win. There wasn't even much to avoid.

The changes don't seem to change the core mechanics, so I don't really have a problem with them. People are still going to need to kite reasonably well (and by kite, i mean move a step every 2 seconds -- pretty tough stuff) and the big purple circle? Yeah still stay out of it.

If this minor changes ups the success rate, that's fine. I didn't really have any problems with it personally, though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]