Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Daxxarri
When did you last face him? The hotfix would have been applied yesterday evening (and will be noted in the next hotfix update blog).

I will let you know when RNG is in my favor or I start doing dailies so that I can reach the minimal ilvl requirement that is blocking accessibility to content.
90 Blood Elf Priest

I'm curious why you went with these changes. Were people really commonly wiping at 15%? This seems to me like an all or nothing fight. Either you have people with the capacity to not stand in the purple circle and spread the debuff and breeze though it, or you have people who can't handle that, and you never make it below 50%.

I'm not sure people standing in purple circles and the raid group dying is something that needs to be fixed. With less health, this happening once in a while can be healed through which is probably the intent -- the health is reduced so even bad groups have a good chance to kill it even if you have that odd player that walks in the circle by mistake now and then.
1 Undead Rogue
I've seen no acknowledgement of this.

Blizzard plz go to your internal data and look at Garalon failure rates and how it is causing people to not down a single boss due to the constant 2/3 queue times. We're all stuck here and I'd like to know if it is going to take a few weeks to fix or a few days.

A hotfix went in recently that re-tunes Garalon to be more appropriate for Raid Finder groups - he now has less health and Furious Swipe does less damage.

When did you last face him? The hotfix would have been applied yesterday evening (and will be noted in the next hotfix update blog).

Damage and health nerfs won't fix the mechanics failures, unfortunately.
100 Worgen Priest
What's that? LFR is hard? Didn't they warn this would happen.
90 Human Rogue
How about everyone in a 2/6 group.. actually attempt to down the boss?
90 Human Paladin
People will learn. They'll have to if they want their epics. Maybe we won't kill the boss this week or even next week, but it will happen.

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

WRONG! Blizzard will just hotfix a nerf so bad players can get their epics without thought or effort. See Blue post in this thread.

Don't believe this nerf is going to make the mechanics completely ignorable. Seems to me that kiting the boss and handling pheremones is still going to be required to kill him.
90 Night Elf Priest
It was not bad 2 tries and my group had it :)
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just got my first kill on him today. Didn't seem that difficult to me, other than a lot of people running about like beheaded chickens making Healing Rain kind of useless. -_-
90 Human Monk
This thread proves that people do not want a challenge, they just want to face roll content and get loot for thier time.
100 Human Paladin
Just use the tanks to get pheromones. Lay a pool and then mover over until he lays another. Repeat this around the room and it should be easy. At 20 stacks the other tank takes pheromones all the while both tanks soak furious swipe in front of him.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was extremely lucky early yesterday to have an LFR group that was actually willing to listen. My husband watched all the videos and was able to explain the mechanics as the tank. People actually did what he said. I was pretty shocked at the group as we worked together and downed him!

I'm just proud :) It's not every day that I can go into LFR without someone screaming PULL PULL PULL OMFG PULL OR I'M KICKING YOU.

Now, with a hotfix, it should be cake.
90 Human Priest
I.consider myself a casual player. I have kids, I am a stay at home dad, and have little opportunity to play. However, when I read posts like these I can't help but think "my god OP, you soft casual noob". I joined a fresh lfr last nite with a good group of people, granted most of us didn't know the mechanics. We wiped once on first boss, one shot second boss, and wiped once on the third boss. But once everyone fought them once we knew the mechanics and it was easy mode. The third boss on heart of fear was fun, engaging, and an interesting new fight. You "softies" need a Nerf bat for life.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
People still running at the Purple circle trolling the group tho.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Look at my Helmet... yumm :D
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Player: WTF THIS IS TOO HARD!
Blizz: We already nerfed it...

Some reason that just seems funny to me.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi

I will let you know when RNG is in my favor or I start doing dailies so that I can reach the minimal ilvl requirement that is blocking accessibility to content.

If you do not have the required ilvl by now it is NOT RNG. It is your lack of effort. People like you is why they nerf this stuff. I wish they would go back to the TBC model and make people EARN what they get instead of handing out freebies to keep the $15/month coming in.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi

Grind your dailies, do some heroics, find Sha groups, do a bit of PvP, whatever.

RNG doesn't exist everywhere to the point of not being able to do content. We had two holiday bosses to fill four slots with 470 ilvl items, even if they aren't for your primary spec you could use them to get into the raid (which is very easy in tuning). At this point you could have 2-3 VP items easily which are well OVER the ilvl needed for the content. A single Sha of Anger is guaranteed boots. Exalted Golden Lotus is a guaranteed necklace.

At this point its purely poor planning on your part and a lack of trying. You have a single Valor item purchased and its a necklace... something you get for free for just doing your dailies, of which you have done minimally.

Its not RNG. Its you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]