Blizzard are you even aware of LFR Garalon?

90 Pandaren Shaman
11/07/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Kewngpow
This thread proves that people do not want a challenge, they just want to face roll content and get loot for thier time.

Here the problem in your comment... They stand less of a chance of getting loot (actual gear) in LFR than Normal/Heroic...
29 Human Mage
The main problem with Garalon is that just about no one knows the fight.

In a couple of weeks everyone will know the fight and he'll be easy, the same way no one knew will of the emperor when it first came out and a lot of people ended that week 2/3, and now people know it and it's easy.

Even then, I thought it needed a nerf, even though my LFR downed Garalon yesterday afternoon. This probably fits the bill. Educate your LFRs on how to do Garalon, and next week they'll be reasonably smooth.
90 Pandaren Hunter
We actually killed him last night in LFR. Another hunter and myself got together and discussed the pheromone swapping and once we got a feel for it, we had it down in 2-3 attempts once there was a group that 40% of the raid didn't leave because of ONE wipe. It was stupid easy once people that wanted the kill stuck around and put the extra attempt or two.

2 ranged dps get together, discuss how they will kite, where, etc.
2 tanks do their thing about soaking the hits.
Non retarded dps that know to get the hell away from the bad circle.

First kiter (we used 2 hunters) runs in, deterrence's and gets the pheromone buff, disengages over to the wall- let the pools drop then side step out of it, and just slowly move around the platform doing that. It was really that easy.
90 Troll Shaman
The problem isn't that it's a difficult fight. The problem is that 1 person in your group can wipe the entire raid because they don't know the fight or are just being a troll.
90 Human Paladin
Garalon didn't need a nerf =/
90 Draenei Shaman
A nerf that cuts the duration of the fight without significantly changing the mechanics seems just fine to me. Less time for idiots or asshats to do their thing with the purple circle (or, my favorites, the ones who run up to snag the pheromones off the kiter and then drag them all over the raid).

Also, I was curious before and am even more curious now: Is it possible, with the generally low damage of the fury swipe, to just have your tanks also be your kiters? So that only two people, total, need to know the fight (and everyone else just needs to know "Stay out of the purple / away from the tanks, kill legs, profit")?
100 Night Elf Druid
Garalong Definitly is way overtuned for a Pug LFR still. to get coordination between Healers, Pheromone Stacks, and all the other dps is nearly impossible. Dps split in every direction after 5 wipes of telling them not to, Some dps gets Pheromone and just starts running rampant everywhere. A lot of it would be fine for a group where you have vent and can call out when to switch and where to go, but as a pug its retarded.
100 Night Elf Druid

Also, I was curious before and am even more curious now: Is it possible, with the generally low damage of the fury swipe, to just have your tanks also be your kiters? So that only two people, total, need to know the fight (and everyone else just needs to know "Stay out of the purple / away from the tanks, kill legs, profit")?

Seriously, Just let tanks handle it rather than entrusting a raid to the 12/17 dps that don't read chat or care wtf to do other then get people killed by crush.
90 Human Paladin
Wasn't there a problem going around where people were just purposely wiping raids via the crush and pheromones?
100 Night Elf Druid

I've gotten many times more gear in lfr than normal 10m.

I got the Pureblood Firehawk the only time I did Heroic Firelands, does that mean everyone does their first time as well?
90 Pandaren Shaman
You can't out tune idiocy, and that's the problem. The boss itself is tuned fine. He's a challenge in a mode sorely lacking challenges.

Eventually the bads will catch on and people will start clearing it.

Not all bosses have to be one shotted in LFR.

And that's the sad mentality.. And here the other problem, when most of the group don' t know the fight and the few who knows say nothing but discourage the many who dont know it, they say stuff like "this group is fail" or "go on the net and watch videos how to beat it".. Person hardly take the time to explain it and if they do, they expect a group who have never seen it before to adapt so quickly to get it on first or second try..

The problem isn't so much the mechanics, but mentality of good and bad players.. One brags and makes the other feel belittle and when the not so skilled ask the good players for tips the few that do help is less that those who throw out harsh criticism..

Sadly Blizz can't change the mentality of person playing the game and it doesn't just happen in this game alone...
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Selle
Garalong Definitly is way overtuned for a Pug LFR still. to get coordination between Healers, Pheromone Stacks, and all the other dps is nearly impossible. Dps split in every direction after 5 wipes of telling them not to, Some dps gets Pheromone and just starts running rampant everywhere. A lot of it would be fine for a group where you have vent and can call out when to switch and where to go, but as a pug its retarded.

Yeah I somewhat agree. HOWEVER the problem is: one wipe happens and then half the raid leaves because LFR didn't spit loot at them. Much like last night when we had a group that actually worked together- proves that it's possible to do. I think it was tuned just fine- perhaps do something to prevent griefing, but IMO if people want to get "raid" gear, they should have to participate somewhat.
90 Human Priest

It's bosses like Garalon that make people become better players. Baby steps, though. He's still an incredibly easy boss, you just can't faceroll him. You actually need to know the fight and pay attention, neither of which is a bad thing, even for LFR.

If it is so easy why are you 2/3 -- no kill.

Perhaps it's because I'm able to look at the situation objectively instead of saying "Can't kill him. Too hard!"

Perhaps it was because of no fault of my own that people were standing in the purple circle regardless of how many times I told them not to.
94 Gnome Warlock
A hotfix went in recently that re-tunes Garalon to be more appropriate for Raid Finder groups - he now has less health and Furious Swipe does less damage.

When did you last face him? The hotfix would have been applied yesterday evening (and will be noted in the next hotfix update blog).

Well that's disappointing. An LFR fight that has genuine mechanics involved and you nerfed it because people weren't killing it on the first try every time.
90 Human Paladin
Well that's disappointing. An LFR fight that has genuine mechanics involved and you nerfed it because people weren't killing it on the first try every time.

This implies that the majority of people were killing it on their second attempt, when I don't believe this was the reality.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Remember when you go into LFR, use protection, as LFR carries a high risk of contracting the disease Derpies.

Derpies has no cure, but with perscription strength derplexia, Derpies outbreaks can be managed, even prevented from spreading. *holds up a baseball bat with the word Derplexia written on it*
100 Night Elf Druid
Bombanil, I would argue that LFR should not have Raid Mechanics since you have 0 coordination through vent or whatever. But maybe your raiding guild has done all the heroics without vent.

Its a easy raid fight with people you know and can talk to, but not with random people you just have to have faith in that they can read.
100 Worgen Hunter
11/07/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Tearess
This thread proves that people do not want a challenge, they just want to face roll content and get loot for thier time.

Here the problem in your comment... They stand less of a chance of getting loot (actual gear) in LFR than Normal/Heroic...

That's not the real problem with his comment. The real problem is that the content is NOT even remotely difficult. The only difference between Garalon (and Madness back in DS) and other LFR fights is that a few idiots will wipe you and can't be carried through (generally). If a moron doesn't move for Elegon, he just kills himself. If an idiot doesn't move for Garalon, he likely wipes us all.

The content itself is as stupidly simple.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm trying to figure out what the fuss is about! This boss is complex but simple. Here comes a nerf due to all the complainers. Oh how I miss you Vanilla and BC.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]