WoW Insider interviews Gug

The latest "15 minutes of Fame" segment in WoW Insider features an interview with Gug about PvP Realms and Maelstrom. Check it out, maybe you're in one of the screenshots.

http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/gug/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Good interview. I liked it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/terror-in-the-mists-clawing-up-the-levels-on-a-pvp-realm/

I already made a thread >.>
Oh well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Way to pay attention Mädâm. Gosh!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Good read.

GG HSF.

Bring notoriety back to Maelstrom!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Interesting read, thanks for the link.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
quote: You can always tell the new players to Maelstrom because they make posts on the forums or in trade chat whining about being ganked. The response is usually something like "you must be new here."

Pretty sure we say it in a much less nice way than that but I laughed when I read this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
You're famous now, Gug. Will you autograph my pets?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
quote: You can always tell the new players to Maelstrom because they make posts on the forums or in trade chat whining about being ganked. The response is usually something like "you must be new here."

Pretty sure we say it in a much less nice way than that but I laughed when I read this.

so true, props to gug for making it sound like we dont take the lords name in vain nearly as much as we do !
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/09/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Krzysztof
You're famous now, Gug. Will you autograph my pets?

Good read and great atricale. Gug, I am leveling some pets to battle you. So be ready!
Edited by Wixers on 11/9/2012 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is probably because this is a horde dominated server, but I can count on one hands the number of times allies have initiated pvp with me since starting to level in MoP and continuing in the lvl 90 grind. I often just find myself picking off an alliance here and there and moving on (I avoid repeat-killing lower levels or 90s that don't seek revenge).

Gug, is there a open channel where I can get my wpvp on on maelstrom?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
venicide, the deadly, LFM world pvp whenever im not raiding
Reply Quote
The /openpvp channel is still in use by many, although the few times Gug has tried to get anybody in it to respond to a World PvP Alert Gug has been ignored.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/10/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Gug
although the few times Gug has tried to get anybody in it to respond to a World PvP Alert Gug has been ignored.

i'll try and keep an eye on that chat channel more often
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Really great article!
Right on Gug!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Good read :P

Hopefully it will get some more attention for people who love wpvp to get on Maelstrom ;)
Reply Quote
Good read and well articulated arguments against people who complain about our server types. I appreciated the inclusion of RP as a reason to PvP, as it certainly is for myself.

This is probably because this is a horde dominated server, but I can count on one hands the number of times allies have initiated pvp with me since starting to level in MoP and continuing in the lvl 90 grind. I often just find myself picking off an alliance here and there and moving on (I avoid repeat-killing lower levels or 90s that don't seek revenge).

Ya, I certainly don't initiate PvP very often anymore as the masses of Maelstrom have reached 90, and the masses consist of quite a few horde. I like to fight but initiating a fight against 4 horde to my 1 just seems foolish. I would welcome them finally initiating me though, it doesn't make sense for the not to, I certainly would.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
11/15/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Rinsk
Hopefully it will get some more attention for people who love wpvp to get on Maelstrom ;)

After they see the videos of what happened to HSF last night, probably not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
huehue we outzerged a guild in wpvp we da best
-ED
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
outzerging a zerg is p. impressive
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]