Tricks of Our Trade: Sheevah/Heartcrusher2016

90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you can think of a better solution that appeals to the wide variety of players, then I'm quite certain that Blizzard will listen. The majority of endgame content is raiding. If players hit a snag they get burnt out eventually, and quit raiding. What then is their carrot to keep playing? We already know what happens when a tier goes on too long. Players quit playing wow altogether.

I just can't conceive of a solution that doesn't include nerfs so that player keep progressing.

Honestly the whole problem stems from the fact that Blizzard can't push raid content out fast enough. If we got a raid tier every (total number of heroic bosses × 2 weeks) like clockwork, new tiers would outdate old tiers at a steady enough rate that everyone would have something to do and the content would consistently nerf itself in a sustainable manner. But raid tiers are taking more time now, not less.

Blizzard realized the heroic raiders are going to keep playing regardless, so we can be abused. It's the less-proficient who get bored and quit after a few weeks if they're not given any new incentives.

So scaling nerfs keep those players p(l)aying, and Blizzard sustains their bottom line.

Minus my subscription because I'm insulted that Blizzard would take it for granted like that, but hey.
Edited by Verelyse on 11/29/2012 9:00 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk

So scaling nerfs keep those players p(l)aying, and Blizzard sustains their bottom line.

I see what you did there.

In hindsight you had to see this coming though. When they made 40 mans into 25. Then 25 became 10 or 25. Then it was 10 or 25 heroic. Blizzard took away what made the raider "a raider." Min-Max was almost law to get the last bit of dps/hps/tps back in Vanilla/BC but they had to lower the levels because people were too lazy or thought it too demanding to compete. Granted the higher ranked world guilds still live by this lost code, but the sad truth is Blizz started not caring about the raiders.

"Make them happy for a month or 2. Then lets get the laid back guys a chance to seem awesome."

Taking time away from the game did wonders though. I still think the most exciting moment in my WoW career was killing Kil Jaeden a week before WotLK. Yes it was nerfed but man did it feel great. Even Heroic LK held nothing on that.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Taichee
In hindsight you had to see this coming though. When they made 40 mans into 25. Then 25 became 10 or 25. Then it was 10 or 25 heroic. Blizzard took away what made the raider "a raider."

My first couple years were successive increases in difficulty, actually. But that's because my first raid was Wrathramas. ^_^ I missed most of Ulduar, but that solidified my desire to be a progression raider (like, seriously... ALGALON ≥ awesome × ∞^∞). T9 and T10 were progressive learning experiences.

Then the pyramid piqued at T11, which had a lot of problems but I thoroughly enjoyed.

And my interest's been drumming down ever since. It's all Cataclysm's fault, man. I hate that guy. >_>
Edited by Verelyse on 11/29/2012 9:32 AM PST
93 Worgen Death Knight
Then the pyramid piqued at T11, which had a lot of problems but I thoroughly enjoyed.

And my interest's been drumming down ever since. It's all Cataclysm's fault, man. I hate that guy. >_>

It isn't the game's fault. The fault lies in your self. You obviously enjoy punishment. Those of us who play this game for enjoyment don't enjoy punishment. At least not out side of the bedroom.

Anyone who "liked" or "enjoyed" T11 should be locked up.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a hardcore masochist with intensely self-destructive tendencies. ^_^
90 Pandaren Monk
Whats T11? I remember T10 and then there was T14...
90 Pandaren Monk
My first couple years were successive increases in difficulty, actually. But that's because my first raid was Wrathramas. ^_^ I missed most of Ulduar, but that solidified my desire to be a progression raider (like, seriously... ALGALON ≥ awesome × ∞^∞). T9 and T10 were progressive learning experiences.

Don't mind me. I'm just a jaded old raider who can't get over the fact Lich King and KJ are dead and nothing about the Burning Region since lord knows how long.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Taichee
Don't mind me. I'm just a jaded old raider who can't get over the fact Lich King and KJ are dead and nothing about the Burning Region since lord knows how long.

I'm quoting this before you notice and edit it, for posterity, because I can. :3
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Hëartcrushër

Heroic twin dragons as a rogue soloing twilight realm was my favorite fight of cata.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Meabh

Heroic twin dragons as a rogue soloing twilight realm was my favorite fight of cata.

There were so many good ones... I liked Nefarian the most though. Mostly because it was melee friendly.

...comparatively... ^_^

Cho'gall was pretty fun too.
So. Are rogues decent now?

Edit: Baleroc was my favorit fight throughout Cata. Only because it was a constant back and forth war between me and a close friend for top dps. I think we finish 4.2 at like 40k iirc.
Edited by Relikar on 11/29/2012 1:03 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The first serious episode of Fairy Tail's Grand Magic Games arc is tomorrow!

This arc is seriously building up to be one of the best in Fairy Tail's history, which is saying something.
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Verelyse

When do they come out? I've been checking back every month or so and reading the new ones, but I'm pretty sure they come out weekly or something.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

When do they come out? I've been checking back every month or so and reading the new ones, but I'm pretty sure they come out weekly or something.

Yeah it's weekly. The manga's getting towards the end of the arc I think, but the anime is just beginning. I watch the streams on Crunchyroll, which'll be 10PM tomorrow. The fansubs are usually out on Saturdays.

There are some !@#$ing EPIC fights coming up. Especially the ones with Erza and Laxus.
Edited by Verelyse on 11/29/2012 1:54 PM PST
100 Human Rogue
Sheesh, finally got a weapon drop.

Claws of Shek'zeer

Put it into shadowcraft and its simulating significantly below my assassination setup.

I can get it close, but even with reforging and putting an enchant on it, it is still behind.

I'll probably just go combat so that I never have to switch specs. Well, until I get a friggen dagger to drop.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
That's interesting; this week's episode of K went back to the bombing of Dresden in 1945.

Have a random piece of military tech you have to explain the origin of? The !@#$s did it.
Edited by Verelyse on 11/30/2012 2:05 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
Sup folks. Been without internet for like 2 weeks, got tired of !@#$tastic internet and went out of state to visit family. It was so weird not hopping on my computer every morning to check crap o_o
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Welcome back. :)
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Taifeng
Who'da thunk that leveling a Death Knight would be this slow, maybe I'll just cut my loses, go back to one of my warriors or shaman and focus on finding a new realm.

Leveling DKs goes really really fast if you just tank in dungeons the entire time.

Pretty boring though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]