Thanksgiving Give-away - DONE!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello, all!

LOCATION: Valley of Honor, just up the hill from the hot air balloon. :D See you all there!

While I try to be thankful all year round, Thanksgiving is a time to specifically acknowledge how grateful we are for the blessings that we have. I am so incredibly fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life and to have what I do.

To that end, I'd like to go ahead and give back a little bit to a community that I adore. Sure, we all have our differences, sometimes more spectacularly (is that a word? WELP IT IS NOW! xD) than others, but at the end of the day, we're all people behind the toons. Unless some of you are robots. >.>

In any case, I am going to be hosting a giveaway raffle thing. ALL you need to do to enter is simply reply to THIS THREAD and tell me what you are thankful for this year. :)

While you certainly could give me silly replies, i.e. "I'm happy for... uh. Stuff. And things. Monkeys, that's the ticket.", if you are going to enter, I merely ask that you please do so with the spirit that this raffle is intended with. I'm not asking much, just put a little thought into it, just take a moment to give thanks for what you have, even if it isn't very much. As we are an RP realm, IC replies are encouraged, but it is not required.

On Wednesday, November 21st, I will draw the names of people out of a hat for the prizes and will give them out in Orgrimmar at 7 pm server time.

Now for the good stuff! What am I giving away?

Pets! I have the following to give away:
Edit: Hrm, the Wow item thingie doesn't seem to be working for some of these...
Gregarious Grell
Eye of the Legion
Phoenix Hatchling
Fossilized Hatchling
Choice of Snarly, Muckbreath or Chuck
Two Sprite Darters - donated by Enveri of Wyrmrestaccord.org! (Thank you!)
Jade Owl pet - donated by Cailiao of Reckoning! (Thank you!)
Moonkin Hatchling - donated by Wòót of Reckoning! (Thank you!)
Dark Whelpling - donated by Automatica of Reckoning! (Thank you!)
Two Tiny Sporebats - donated by Frostfeathers of Wyrmrestaccord.org! (Thank you!)
One Sea-Pony - donated by Snuffit of For Her Tallest! (Thank you!)
One Terrible Turnip - donated by Rinjai of Intrepidity! (Thank you!)
One White Kitten - donated by Sorromere of Reckoning! (Thank you!)
WINNERS: Various people. >.>

Mount:
I will draw ONE name to receive the winner's choice in color of any one of the new JC Panther mounts. (Not including Jeweled Onyx, sorry.) If the color that you want is not available on the Auction House that night, I will have it crafted for you and deliver it within a reasonable timeframe.
WINNER: Viernala

Art!:
One detailed greyscale shaded bust drawing of the winner's character of choice - donated by Enveri of Wyrmrestaccord.org!
Samples at: http://cheekitty.deviantart.com/gallery/ (Thank you!)
WINNER: Snuffit

One waist-up digital sketch, character of the winner's choice - donated by Klimma of Wyrmrestaccord.org! (Thank you!)
WINNER: Celynise

Two busts or one full body line work - donated by Frostfeathers of Wyrmrestaccord.org!
Samples: http://wyrmrestaccord.org/forums/creativity-corner/art-gallery/the-tarot-project-art
http://wyrmrestaccord.org/forums/creativity-corner/art-gallery/turtles-or-bust-gift-art-1-spot-open
http://achelia.deviantart.com/ (Thank you!)
WINNER: Kopperschott

One colored (with Illustrator), head and shoulders, icon - donated by Evera (Happy) of Reckoning! (Thank you!)
Samples: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4GGDWIjAUX8/T3tDAuU9iEI/AAAAAAAABa8/zKfrw20eRGc/s1600/kitty.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hk3U6ReMnco/T14zGpTrW5I/AAAAAAAABWY/Rb0FFo5YJYs/s1600/vanessaweb.jpg
http://everaart.blogspot.com/2012/04/commission-time.html
http://everaart.blogspot.com/2012/04/wow-toons.html
WINNER: Rink

One bust drawing - donated by Marius of The White Sigil! (Thank you!)
Samples: raptorria@deviantart.com
WINNER: Mingbai

One chibi sketch - donated by Malis of Ancestral Ties! (Thank you!)
Sample: http://malisvitterfolk.deviantart.com/art/Omnomnom-dinner-278745478
WINNER: Lex

One portrait - donated by the husband of Dyrwolfe! (Thank you!)
Samples: http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=4646
WINNER: Croton

Happy Holidays, folks. I look forward to seeing your replies! :D

(Oh and should anyone want to contribute more prizes, please let me know! It can be in-game stuff or art or anything really. :))

EDIT: I HAVE BEEN REMINDED THAT PETS/MOUNTS ARE BOA NOW. Man, I feel like a goofus. So, if you are Alliance and you want to participate, YOU ARE WELCOME to do so. If you win, however, you will need to roll a toon Hordeside and level to the appropriate level (5 for pets, I believe, and 20 for mounts, I think?) to learn your prizes!
Edited by Danikah on 11/21/2012 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm thankful for all the people who support the Topsail Cartel by buying my stuff on the AH.

What? I'm bein' in character here....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm thankful two of my three children are alive.

/DOOOOOOOWWWWWNNEEEERRRRRRRRR
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Once I get back onto the server I'd be happy to donate a few gold, if I have the gold at the time. :D

I'm also rather grateful that I haven't lost my house yet.
I'm rather broke at the moment, so that's a big whoop for me.
Reply Quote
I'm really grateful that my grandmother offered to pay for my whole professional writing course if I get into it!

I do have a horde toon, just too lazy to log onto my second account just to post from him.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can I enter? I want the grell >.<

ANYWAYS,

I'm thankful for an amazing guild that I have met so many amazing people from.

And cake.

Chocolate cake....

And peterrors..."Ima get you with mah beak"
Edited by Cailiao on 11/13/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm thankful for having a wonderful husband, and that he has a good job as well. I'm thankful for being a fairly healthy person, for living in Canada, and also for having three lovely cats. I'm thankful for the awesome people I've met and gotten to know online. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm thankful for Cailiao for always being there when I need to rage, remind me that I need to shoot it and someone to ask if I can have tank back from.
Still not quite sure what "it" is yet, but I think it's it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm thankful that I have so much free time so I can do ALL the dailies! And still have time left over to make crafts based on Nikolete's memes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm thankful to have a job.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm thankful for the documentary crew that left my kind alone while we bathed and slid on our bellies.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm thankful for my guild for being patient with my absence in role-play. As well as the Real ID friends I have - because people don't realize what they have until its gone. And lastly, my family - for supporting me throughout college and with the job hunt that I'm still trying to find a place to become a part of.

I'm thankful that DUFF is thankful of me!
Edited by Kelzthalas on 11/13/2012 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm thankful for being part of the best guild ever reckoning. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
OOC:

I am thankful for recovering from surgery, even if it is taking much longer than is typical.

I am thankful that I am Canadian, and that I was admitted to a hospital as soon as my condition became emergent.

I am very thankful for demerol and gravol, and all the comfort they gave me when I needed it. I'm thankful now that I can manage pain with Tylenol.

I am also thankful for my wonderful fiance, who held my hand when I came out of surgery, helped me to walk around while pulling my heavy IV, and for staying very late at the hospital until I fell asleep even though he had work early in the morning. I am thankful for all the help he has given me since I was able to come home.

I am also thankful for my two doggies, keeping me company while I am stuck bored at home until I recover. Adorable little weenies! /snuggle

IC:

I am grateful for the ability to explore new lands and befriend and tame some very exotic creatures. I am grateful that the Horde can focus more on dealing with the Alliance, rather than having the world torn asunder.

I am also grateful for the experience of riding a cloud serpent, which is much more difficult than it looks!
Edited by Seri on 11/13/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I am thankful for all the great servicemen and women who have served and are currently serving.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm thankful for having wonderful people in my life. My husband Tystardel, and my children Croton and The Bear. All of my guild mates and other friends and family who have my back, just as I have theirs. I am also thankful for MANGOES!
Reply Quote
Im thankful for my parents who provide for me and put up with me all year long.
Reply Quote
IC: I am thankful for my new start in a new land and that those I left behind are still carrying on without me. I am thankful that this new land has no volcanic nor desert regions (that I have stumbled across yet) and that its inhabitants have not felt the fury of the Scourge and therefore have no reason to hold me in contempt. I am thankful for much.

OOC: I'm thankful for my family and my extended online family. I'm thankful for my good health, my new house, the health of my loved ones, and for the fat, fat, fat, FAT ball of fuzz and marshmallow fluff that's keeping my leg warm. (omfg cat y u so fluffy) And I'm sooo thankful that mounts and pets are BoA now cause like crap was I doing those damned Argent dailies on all my toons.
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Monk
I am thankful that I have my beloved daughter, unexpected as her arrival was.
I am thankful that she and I both have this awesome game to share - her on her account, me on mine - giving us a harmless way to share a lot of mom/daughter things.

I am thankful for my mom's fudge, my mom's pies, my mom's cookies, my mom's tomato soup cupcakes (tastes way better than it sounds!), my mom's cooking in general, and insulin, for keeping me alive despite my mom's cooking.

I am thankful for my gym and the fact that I can use it.

I am, in a very strange way, thankful for the person who chose, against all the goodness in the world, to abandon a litter of kittens in the dumpster of my place of employ. I am also thankful to the havaheart people for producing the gentle trap that enables me to catch the kittens, one at a time, and get them appropriate medical care. I am thankful for my coworkers and my brother, for being willing to give them a home, once the kittens are tamed and neutered.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I am thankful for...
My awesome guild, The Sons of Un'Goro.
The coolest person I've ever met, KELZ!
The Horde, for saving Azeroth and keeping the Alliance in check.
Trade Chat, for encouraging me to do well and always being polite and considerate of others.

Happy Thanksgiving WrA!
-The Big Duff from Thunder Bluff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]