Paladin shield of the righteous uptime

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, we also had Judgment of Light, but I wouldn't necessarily call paladins healing tanks because of that.

Though it was nice seeing all of those green numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, we also had Judgment of Light, but I wouldn't necessarily call paladins healing tanks because of that.

Though it was nice seeing all of those green numbers.

I, for one, do not miss getting !@#$%ed at by holy pallies for negatively affecting their placements on healing logs.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I love how how our society simply cannot read for content.

Yes, I tanked in Wrath, hence my pointing out how we tanked in Wrath.

I stated we are no longer Heal-tanks, and pointed out that WoG is functionally useless as it stands (not the spell, but the dynamic tanking model we are in). WoG was awesome from patch 4.0.6 to patch 4.1, when we were able to maintain an absorb bubble from overheals. Since them the only self-healing we do is either passive maintenance or reactive panic ("Holy F! Where's the healer!?!").

As to Harsh Words, if you bothered to notice I said it would almost be worth using it than sit on a 5 stack of WoG when we don't need it. Keywords: almost, sitting on, don't need it. I did not advocate using Harsh Words, just pointed out that one useless ability is like any other.

And yes, I thought my comment on Colossus was funny, forgetting that the interwebs has no humor outside of cat memes.

SJ

Do you even think before you post?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/16/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Kaitelynn
To be honest, at the moment I think it's worth more to have the control than more up time. That isn't to say that more up time is bad, not at all. I'm just saying being able to reliable SotR when needed through hit/exp caps, and Mastery, at the moment is likely worth slightly more for things like Thrash, Furious Swipe, and Voodoo Doll. But that's because I'm still under hit/exp. Once I can hit that, and shift more budget into Mastery, I probably will honestly move from Mastery to Haste. You'll be able to make up the loss in Mastery partially through a 4pc bonus.

Actually, the base stat priority for paladin tanks gong after control is: Stam>hit>exp>mastery=haste

For those that prefer mastery: Stam>hit>mastery>haste
For those that prefer haste (for DPS increase): Stam>hit>exp>haste>mastery

Haste might be a little harder to play then mastery but both provide similar benifits so it becoms a personal choice (I'll take mastery over haste TYVM) but no reason not to accept gear with haste/mastery and just reforge to your prefered stat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I mean by control is this:

Mastery is control for major strikes, such as predictable Thrash and Furious Swipe, where there isn't going to be as heavy normal attacks..

Haste is control for general, all-purpose damage throughout the fight where there isn't going to be burst damage attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What I mean by control is this:

Mastery is control for major strikes, such as predictable Thrash and Furious Swipe, where there isn't going to be as heavy normal attacks..

Haste is control for general, all-purpose damage throughout the fight where there isn't going to be burst damage attacks.

Haste is priority over mastery when you can afford to get it. Mastery is 2nd on the table and will be easier to get unless you can get some Haste/Mastery Pieces or Hit/Mastery Pieces.

We have other CD's to supplement the big Spike Hits where before you just had to rely on Mastery and wouldn't have to burn much else to survive.

I'm running about 1900 haste rating atm and its quite beneficial and over the coarse of a fight it is proved it's worth much much more over mastery stacking as we did in Cata.

As I said the math is out and it doesn't lie.

You who have 0 haste, are blow hit cap, and have lower mastery shouldn't be one to argue with every Matlab and stat sheet that has proven you wrong.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
I, for one, welcome our returning Blood DK overlords who can tank just as well, if not better, without needing hit or expertise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We have other CD's to supplement the big Spike Hits where before you just had to rely on Mastery and wouldn't have to burn much else to survive.

Th events he's referring to (Thrash and Furious Swipe) are the ones that happen often enough that you wouldn't be supplementing them with CD's anyway except in dire circumstances.

That said, you don't need more Mastery the stat for ShoR to trivalise them.

You who have 0 haste, are blow hit cap, and have lower mastery shouldn't be one to argue with every Matlab and stat sheet that has proven you wrong.

All you're going to do by going there is make a fool out of yourself.
You also don't appear to have actually read the outputs of the math.

The real reason for Haste over Mastery is that while being more or less even, Haste offers dps while Mastery doesn't. In the specific circumstances he's talking about, Haste offers little except actual dps (which isn't a trivial amount of dps, but in the context, ~), specifically because you're NOT dealing with hit windows.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/19/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The real reason for Haste over Mastery is that while being more or less even, Haste offers dps while Mastery doesn't. In the specific circumstances he's talking about, Haste offers little except actual dps (which isn't a trivial amount of dps, but in the context, ~), specifically because you're NOT dealing with hit windows.

Maybe you should know something about how Haste works for paladins before opening your druid mouth.

Haste = More Holy Power, More Holy Power = More SoTR, More SoTR = More DMG Reduction Uptime.

Having the right amount of Haste completely outweighs stacking mastery over it. Maybe you should actually read Thecks Matlab's and threads before you talk.

Go home bear. Your not welcome in a thread you know nothing about. If you think Haste is weighed over Mastery because its a DPS gain, you're an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All you're going to do by going there is make a fool out of yourself.

Called it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
It's always fun when people assume that nobody has alts.

Also. You're*.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, technically, /love is the alt. Who just happens to be the Main. And the Alt.
Would it be self-love if my Darielle and /love made babies so there'd just be the one?

Getting back to the topic, @ that guy:
Did you actually look at the math, particularly the variation of hits within a window, or did you just look at a TL:DR and pretend you grasped everything?
Edited by Slashlove on 11/20/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Wow, this thread isn't insulting, mean, or nonconstructive at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/19/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Seraphimilim
I, for one, welcome our returning Blood DK overlords who can tank just as well, if not better, without needing hit or expertise.

Sure, once they give you guys another tier tailored to AMS and Blood shield stacking ;P

Man, did this thread deliver or did this thread deliver.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/20/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Krinu
Wow, this thread isn't insulting, mean, or nonconstructive at all.

I personally like the crescendo there.

Everything is fine, ramping up in huffiness sure, but fine until Captain Self-Absorbed made a my-!@#$%-is-bigger jab (he's been swinging it like a baseball bat the entire thread) and decided to throw common sense out the window by pretending posting avatar mattered.

Historically, people that do that tend to get their own pretentious heads forcefully pulled out of their asses and slapped quite rudely around here.

11/20/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Lowmaine
Man, did this thread deliver or did this thread deliver.

And also yes.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/20/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/20/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Savior
before opening your druid mouth.

Wait... people still try to do this? Really?

Between that and "MATLAB CANNOT LIE" commentary I'm surprised this guy gets anywhere with anything. Then again I've had a boss that often used "Spreadsheet says so, so shut up" as his reasoning for anything or just plain ol' "I have a spreadsheet, your opinion is invalid."

He did super well at that people skill thing and lasted a long while too... /giggle
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Too stupid to grasp the simple statement I made.

Shame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/20/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Fasc
"MATLAB CANNOT LIE"

"The data abscissae must be distinct."

No joke, that's what MATLAB 6.1 told me. Good thing I'm now using R2012b and it explains that error a lot better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Having to work with SharePoint gave me a renewed appreciation for Microsoft's error descriptions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got some left over turkey out, drank some iced tea and lol'd my way through this thread! Thanks for the bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]