The Blue Rogue: Official Class Changes/Notes

100 Night Elf Rogue
Just tweeted, on the poison issues since the patch:

@Fumouf: "@Ghostcrawler deadly poison aoe is not working anywhere near to the effectiveness of yesterday, broken?"

@Ghostcrawler: @Fumouf We found a bug with FoK, KS and Mutilate. Should be fixed in US already and other regions soon. Sorry. :(

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/273608537907810304
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
Ghostcrawler on Tricks of the Trade usage (11/16/2012) -- https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/269558301799358467
@crazysummer2004: "@Ghostcrawler Nobody uses Tricks of the Trade anymore in Raids. You found a way to make that useless too! Get a dev 4 rogues. ur useless."
@Ghostcrawler: "@crazysummer2004 Quick poll of the raiders in my office, and they all use Tricks of the Trade. Small sample size is small."

I LOVE this, they ALL use tricks. Maybe one of them should try NOT using it. This is the issue. Not thinking outside the box. How do you know if you don't need something if you never try not using it?

edit: I have NO raid exp 5.x, just noting flaws in argument.
Edited by Jamalia on 11/27/2012 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ghostcrawler on Tricks of the Trade usage (11/16/2012) -- https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/269558301799358467
@crazysummer2004: "@Ghostcrawler Nobody uses Tricks of the Trade anymore in Raids. You found a way to make that useless too! Get a dev 4 rogues. ur useless."
@Ghostcrawler: "@crazysummer2004 Quick poll of the raiders in my office, and they all use Tricks of the Trade. Small sample size is small."

I LOVE this, they ALL use tricks. Maybe one of them should try NOT using it. This is the issue. Not thinking outside the box. How do you know if you don't need something if you never try not using it?

edit: I have NO raid exp 5.x, just noting flaws in arguement.

By the definition of usefulness, Tricks of the trade is technically not useless. It is however, rather dull in usage.

Also, they have rogue raiders in their office? really? I don't buy it.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
11/27/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Nanaya
Tricks of the trade is technically not useless

I agree. I use it solo.

: )
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Jamalia
Tricks of the trade is technically not useless

I agree. I use it solo.

This would mean that symbiosis is also useless.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
I agree. I use it solo.

I have to say "MY bad" here. I rebound my old tricks key to feint 5.0, and I must have short circuited when I made that post. I only wish I could go back in time so I wouldn't draw this thread off topic with my dyslexia (hard time differentiating between 2 things I associate with each other, like my abilities and binds, darn muscle/brain memory flaw).

Oh well, guess you all now know I'm a flawed individual, if you haven't noticed already, lol.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Eh, might as well just delete this entire thread and start over. :P
Edited by Rfeann on 11/27/2012 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Rfeann

Why stop at this thread? let's just delete the whole rogue forums and start over =D
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/27/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Nanaya

Why stop at this thread? let's just delete the whole rogue forums and start over =D

Yeah, that isn't helping. :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's time to call in the A-Team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
On a note related to the thread, how rogues read Ghostcrawler's twitter responses:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory

We're the english teacher, btw.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/27/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Rfeann
It's time to call in the A-Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfhzqhJNbg&feature=related
Edited by Aeriwen on 11/27/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Added in a couple additional hotfixes/changes, as well as GC's latest tweet on the nerfing of Raining Blood (alas, rogue world PvPers in the Dread Wastes!):

Ghostcrawler confirms Raining Blood nerf (11/29/12) -- https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/274018562602053632
  • @AbeAmes: “@Ghostcrawler GC, was there a nerf to the stacking frequency of the Raining Blood augment in Dread Wastes? It seemed much slower today.”
  • @Boogieknight31: “@AbeAmes @Ghostcrawler wondering the same thing, I couldn’t get full stacks of 8 on much of anything except large health things like rares.”
  • @Ghostcrawler: “@Boogieknight31 it was okay for casters but overpowered for melee.”

Since there are some things I'm too lazy to update in more than one place, I've only posted my running list of thoroughly anecdotal, unconfirmed, not-officially acknowledged bug reports and undocumented rogue changes over at: http://redhattedrogue.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/patch-5-1-rogue-bug-reports/
Edited by Rfeann on 11/29/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
So, a number of folks have posted angry missives in the official WoW forums over the past few days, excoriating Blizzard for what some have suggested is a “stealth nerf” of the Dancing Steel enchant, the top weapon enchant currently available for rogues.

In particular, people have called out the fact that if Dancing Steel is on both of a rogue’s weapons, it can no longer “stack” — i.e., since 5.1 launched this week, there can’t be two procs active at the same time, which means the effect can no longer double. (Instead, if the proc is already active and then procs again on either weapon, it refreshes the duration of the sole active proc.)

Turns out this is entirely intentional, and probably isn’t nearly as catastrophic for our DPS as some were assuming. (People who play WoW overreacting to small changes with forum tirades? Unpossible!) It's also something that Blizz is working on "fixing," although technically it ain't broke.

Daxxarri's forum posts from last night provide more info: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199402840?page=2#21
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
11/14/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Rfeann
"Grass is always greener"
, so this is what its come to?
this is a blatant reminder that you have to reroll, make rogues unpopular then we buff em. come on guys lets all reroll! or we can be durable and say screw GC he can go f himself
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
From the 11/29 hotfix notes (which technically posted on 11/30 YES I AM A STICKLER FOR DETAILS LEAVE ME ALONE):

Enchantments using the Real PPM system will now generate two buffs simultaneously, rather than simply refreshing the duration of an existing effect.

Assuming it is indeed working as newly intended, this should wrap up the whole “why have my Dancing Steel enchants suddenly stopped stacking when they proc on both weapons OMGWTFBLIZZ Y U HATE ROUGES GC DOESNT PLAY A ROGEU ELS EVERYTHING 4 US WUD ALAWSY WORK NOOBZ” thing from earlier this week.

11/30/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Dixi
this is a blatant reminder that you have to reroll

Is that seriously how you chose to read that single snippet of a single part of a single tweet, or are you just looking for reasons to be angry?
Edited by Rfeann on 12/1/2012 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/01/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Rfeann
From the 11/29 hotfix notes (which technically posted on 11/30 YES I AM A STICKLER FOR DETAILS LEAVE ME ALONE):

If you weren't, your threads and posts wouldn't be as useful. Thanks.

12/01/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Rfeann
Is that seriously how you chose to read that single snippet of a single part of a single tweet, or are you just looking for reasons to be angry?

This guy would make a fine English teacher.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
This isn't relevant to any upcoming class changes or anything, but how could I not mention it? HOW, PEOPLE?

@queenanthai: "@Ghostcrawler How many rogues do I have to sacrifice to you in order to appease your greatness and have you stop nerfing fire mages?"

@Ghostcrawler: "@queenanthai All the rogues."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/275015495974019072
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
This isn't relevant to any upcoming class changes or anything, but how could I not mention it? HOW, PEOPLE?

@queenanthai: "@Ghostcrawler How many rogues do I have to sacrifice to you in order to appease your greatness and have you stop nerfing fire mages?"

@Ghostcrawler: "@queenanthai All the rogues."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/275015495974019072

, so this is what its come to?
this is a blatant reminder that you have to reroll, make rogues unpopular then we buff em. come on guys lets all reroll! or we can be durable and say screw GC he can go f himself

(Sorry, I couldn't help it - I'm really that bored).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Will add to the main list soon, but this is from last night's hotfixes:

Enchant Weapon: Elemental Force will no longer incorrectly activate from healing effects, and can only be triggered by damaging melee attacks or spells.

For us, this likely means no more procs from Recuperate or Leeching Poison. That’s a *good* thing, because a number of rogues had reported being knocked out of stealth because of this. (Sample scenario: Rogue attacks a player. Rogue gets Recuperate rolling. Player dies. Rogue stealths. Rogue sneaks up on new player. Before rogue can use opener, Elemental Force procs, because Recuperate is still running. Rogue is now visible, standing there, naked. Everyone in class is laughing at rogue. Rogue enters deep depression and skips senior prom.)

Also, in case anyone was concerned about possible adverse effects of this hotfix: Given that this is a Real PPM poison, I think it’s highly unlikely this change will result in a reduced proc rate for Elemental Force.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]