Focus Cyclone macro

90 Tauren Druid
hey guys, i'm trying to set up my cyclone macro to cyclone my focus target but to also cyclone whatever target i have when I do not have a focus set. Is this possible? I was told the macro for it was

/cast [target=focus] cyclone;cyclone

This works fine with my cycloning my focus but it says I do not have a target when focus is not set.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You probably want to do:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,harm,exists,nodead][] Cyclone

Just a general rule - you only ever need 1 instance of the spell in your macro.
The empty [] means revert to default behaviour if the other condition isn't matched. Just adding some extra qualification should fix it more or less as it'll check that you have one, can harm them and makes sure you don't try and cyclone the dead.
Reply Quote
#showtooltip Cyclone
/cast [target=focus, modifier:shift] Cyclone; Cyclone

This is the one I use. Hitting your cyclone key will cyclone your current target, but if you hold down shift and press the key it will cyclone your focus target.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/14/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Rêflex
This is the one I use. Hitting your cyclone key will cyclone your current target, but if you hold down shift and press the key it will cyclone your focus target.

I hate macros like these, because I typically have that Shift+key bound to something else so I can't use it as a modifier. Same thing with control.
Reply Quote
If anything, the one I use would free up a space on the action bar. Either way you would have to use two completely separate binds to do different things. Sorry I'm not a magician.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks guys, i appreciate the help
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
heres what i use to assign focus to cyclone in one cast with the Cyclone spell
#showtooltip
/focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus,exists,harm] Cyclone; Cyclone)

Then have my clear focus on a key-bind if i need to switch new focus targets:
/clearfocus
/petpassive
/cast Nature's Grasp

Above can be used with sheeping on a mage. Just Swap out Cyclone for "Polymorph(Turtle)" etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]