Updated Raid Schedule Heart of Fear & Terrace

90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/26/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Telepathy
Can we get a blue to confirm that LFR Terrance is going to be out 1 week BEFORE normal terrace?

You should know it's not gonna be lol. People would complain.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Ryegeleye
Why do you continue to gate this whole tier when you promised to stop gating raid content?

Having to stop 20 or 25% through ONE raid because of gating sucked, but having entire raid zones open like this within the same tier is actually kind of nice.

Three raid zones at the same time is a lot. Can you imagine doing dailies every single day, and farming for raid consumables, and then raiding every single night trying to clear all of them in one single week?

Yeah, this is a lot nicer than have 16 bosses thrown at us all at once. And having 2 weeks to work on Heart of Fear before starting Terrance is nice as well, I was dreading having to power through 10 normal mode bosses next week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/26/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Tainarra
Can we get a blue to confirm that LFR Terrance is going to be out 1 week BEFORE normal terrace?

You should know it's not gonna be lol. People would complain.

I would be right there with them too. The only reason I am posting is because they said the LFR schedule remains unaffected. This would have Terrance LFR coming out 1 week after normal HoF comes out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Oct 30: Heart of Fear (N)
Nov 6: Heart of Fear Part 1 (LFR), Heart of Fear (H)
Nov 13: Terrace of Endless Spring (N), Heart of Fear Part 2 (LFR)
Nov 20: Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR), Terrace of Endless Spring (H)
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Wilhelm
So in other words because 5.1 won't have another raid in it the 2 remaining ones will be staggered to artificially make the content seem like it lasts longer, or 5.2 with a new raid will still be 5-6 months out and this makes it seem like the gap is smaller.

Judging by your armory, you've done exactly 0 of the available content... what are you crying about?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Can we put some dates to this post?

If I understand you correctly:

October 30th: Heart of Fear Normal Mode Available

November 6th: Heart of Fear Heroic and LFR Modes Available

November 13th: Terrace of Endless Spring Normal Mode Available (must have cleared Heart of Fear)

November 20th: Terrace of Endless Spring Heroic and LFR Modes Available (must have cleared Heart of Fear)

Is that correct?

It's probably going to be more like this

November 6th: First half of Heart of Fear LFR and Heroic Modes Available
November 13th: Second half of Heart of Fear LFR and Terrace of Endless Spring Normal Mode Available (must have cleared Heart of Fear)
November 20th: Terrace of Endless Spring Heroic and LFR Modes Available (must have cleared Heart of Fear)

Bolded the "extra" parts
Edited by Trinko on 10/26/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Remember there are 2 LFRs for HoF. If the pattern for Vaults holds up, then next week we get

Normal HoF
LFR 1st half HoF
LFR 2nd half HoF / normal ToES
LFR ToES

in the following weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here let me copy paste the OLD schedule, maybe it'll help.

Here is the current schedule for these Raid releases:

Tuesday, Oct. 2 - Normal Mogu’shan Vaults

Tueday, Oct 9 - Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults and first half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder

Tuesday Oct. 16 - Second half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder

Tuesday, Oct. 30 - Normal Heart of Fear and Normal Terrace of Endless Spring (Must clear Heart of Fear first) with Heroic and Raid finder versions unlocking one week later

Taken from the latest release schedule - not some thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7435940

There are only 2 options concerning LFR if they remain "unchanged"
Option A - LFR will open one week after Normals
Option B - LFR will open on Nov 6th
Edited by Jaymz on 10/26/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
TDO
so does that mean we would also have to clear MSV before having access to heart of fear?

or does that only affect heart of fear --> terrace

They are all gated one after the other.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Except the post you quote implies that all of MSV would have opened on the 7th, it clearly didn't.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
10/26/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Drcool
Except the post you quote implies that all of MSV would have opened on the 7th, it clearly didn't.

i couldn't find the more recent post that noted that change, i'm guessing that's what neth edited to make this thread. or i would have quoted it. But THIS post was very specific that the LFR schedule was NOT changing.

Either way, i think the post has room for a lot of clarification so raiders can make appropriate planning in advance.
Edited by Omegal on 10/26/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So let me see if I can get all this straight.
You, blizzard, decided to go back to the old model of seperate 10 & 25 raid lockouts for Korean players. Seems a bit, uhm, racist.
Now, you want to delay an instance for north american/EU audiences because its too overwhelming?
Why wouldnt you let us decide whats overwhelming and whats enough content? If we felt at the time there's just too much to do, then we wouldnt do it all, its that simple. If we do have the time, people, commitment etc then why not have the choice to do so?
That basically what you're doing for your Korean market who seem to have an extra 4-5 hours in the raid to raid on average. (That was a joke for all you humorless folks)

So I have to ask, where is this racist segregation between markets coming from?
Edited by Functional on 10/26/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^Not correct

10/26/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Nethaera
The unlock schedule for Looking For Raid modes for Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring is unaffected by this change.
^ Emphesis in post that says LFR is not changing.

So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.
Original schedule that includes LFR
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201711873?page=13#259

so again, ONLY normal terrace is changed according to this thread. those that keep saying LFR terrace is delayed too would be incorrect unless neth made a mistake in her post, which then she needs to clarify.

They never actually released an official date for LFR Terrace. Going by how MV worked, which is not the same way as on that post you linked to (part 2 LFR was 1 week after part 1 LFR, 2 weeks after normal mode release), the plan for HoF/ToES LFR could have always been:
November 6: HoF LFR Part 1
November 13: HoF LFR Part 2
November 20: ToES LFR
Then Neth's statement would be true (schedule unchanged), and ToES LFR would still be unlocked after ToES Normal (now unlocked November 13).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To help raiders prepare their schedules for next week, we wanted to give everyone a brief heads-up that the Normal mode [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/heart-of-fear/"]Heart of Fear [/url]will be debuting alone on Tuesday, and the Normal mode [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/terrace-of-endless-spring/"]Terrace of Endless Spring[/url] will now open two weeks following the release of Normal Heart of Fear.

To help players focus on tackling these new encounters without feeling overwhelmed, we’ve decided to stagger the release of the two remaining raid zones. Heart of Fear should prove to be a challenging zone that will take the typical group some time to master, and players must defeat the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/heart-of-fear/grand-empress-shekzeer"]Grand Empress Shek’zeer[/url] at the end of Heart of Fear before they may move on to Terrace of Endless Spring once that zone unlocks.

The unlock schedule for Looking For Raid modes for Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring is unaffected by this change. Heroic Heart of Fear will still be accessible to players who have cleared the zone on Normal difficulty.

*Updated the release time for Terrace of Endless Spring to clear up some confusion.

Can we put some dates to this post?

If I understand you correctly:

November 6th: Heart of Fear Heroic and LFR Modes Available

November 13th: Terrace of Endless Spring Normal Mode Available (must have cleared Heart of Fear)

Is that correct?

Close.

October 30th: Heart of Fear Normal Unlocks
November 6th: Heart of Fear Heroic Unlocks and the Dread Approach in LFR Unocks
November 13th: Terrace of Endless Springs Normal Unlocks and the Nightmare of Shek'zeer in LFR Unlocks
November 20th: Terrace of Endless Springs Heroic Unlocks, as does the LFR version of the raid. At this point, all Raid Content in 5.0 is unlocked.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
10/26/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Zatheyll

You just killed pugs.

Same with HoF, you have to clear MSV to start on that place.

Can I get some Clarification on this?
Does everyone in the raid need to have cleared Vaults to get into HoF, or just the raid leader?
Reply Quote
Community Manager

This is correct. :) It's a similar release to what we did with Mogu'shan Vaults.
Reply Quote
I do wish we could get some clarification on if the asain raiding model is going to be coming here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]