Windows 8 WoW Install?

90 Troll Priest
Gonna install fresh Windows 8 Pro 64bit tonight. After all done can I just pop in MoP disc or do I need to install from Vanilla?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You will need to install the Cata Disc first.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I believe you can just install it from MoP, but I'm not 100% sure. I am sure, however, that you can just grab the client from your Bnet account page. You can be playing in like 15 minutes since it lets you in before the download is complete. Loading screens take forever though.

Hope that helps.

Like Sangberne says, your best bet is to just download/install the client straight from your Battle.net account page. It'll have everything you need to play the game right away; it typically takes around 2 hours or so to download/install on most high-speed 'net connections.

If you go from the installation disc, however, you should likewise be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You can just use the MoP disc. I got a new computer about two weeks ago and that's all I had to do. Prepare to patch up afterwards though.
Reply Quote
10 Troll Shaman
You can also back your WoW up to an external drive, then when you reformat/install Win8 (eww) you can copy it back to your harddrive
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
has this been confirmed that world of warcraft works on windows 8?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/26/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Mooracus

Win 8 is essentially Win 7 with a few tweaks. The underlying OS is the same.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
yes it works played on RT for 3 months and hopped on with wow 37% installed on win 8 pro tonight
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ugh... ANOTHER windows, why do I want it? I have win7 and it works just fine, in fact unless I put serious effort in I get no problems.
10/26/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Baneusprime
Win 8 is essentially Win 7 with a few tweaks. The underlying OS is the same.
That's it? Nothing special just a few tweaks?
Edited by Raheya on 10/26/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
10/26/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Mooracus

I don't know if it's "officially supported" yet, but I leveled my druid today on a computer with Windows 8 installed, so it does seem to be working. :)
If you're going to reinstall and you've got the Mists of Pandaria DVDs, you can use them; it will get you caught up to 5.0 and you'll only have a few gigabytes of patches to download.
Edited by Faizaniel on 10/26/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Hunter
I just switched from a windows 7 to a windows 8. I try to download the client, everything looks fine, then nothing happens.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just do not upgrade to 8.1, I did and now no healing text or floating combat text and it sucks !
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Rainedette
I just switched from a windows 7 to a windows 8. I try to download the client, everything looks fine, then nothing happens.

Post in the Tech Support Forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/ and not necro a year old thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]