Torch of Strength

90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is the worst daily quest I have ever experienced. The quest itself is bad enough, requiring several attempts. But ganking makes in impossible.

This is the first time I have ever abandoned a daily.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol. Would be a major grievence on a pvp server.
Reply Quote
Even on a PvE server this quest is completely intolerable. It's pure punishment. Get all the way to the end, graze a tornado and boom, back to the start. Latency frame skip? Think you missed that tornado? Wrong, torch-out, back to the start. At least put in checkpoints at the pagoda's or something so you can start at the last section you cleared. This is simply miserable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm up to 23 times I have tried the quest and just too difficult if you have a bit of lag and no cat like reflexes.

Maybe cut down the number of tornadoes at least?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thankfully horde on my server appear to sympathize with the difficulty in trying to finish this one. I haven't been ganked yet (*crosses fingers*). This quest blows (no pun intended really). At a minimum, I will be running up that hill 10 times. It easily takes twice as long to complete this one quest as it does to finish the whole mortal combat chain that's also there.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This is the First time I am moved enough to post on the forums. Seven years in WoW and I NEVER hated a quest (daily of not) more. What is it with Blizz? Do they feel that administering fewer accounts will be easier? Several times, I got across the bridge only to have my torch wiff without a wind anywhere near me. And lag was less that 100ms. I am tired of Blizz throwing bugged products at paying customers. Debugging should occur in Beta, not now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
As someone who considers themselves to be average, this quest is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I thought it was hell too the first couple of times i did it. Was thinking "omg this is so annoying", but after that i worked out the pattern the tornados go in and now i find it easy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/14/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Abînadi
I thought it was hell too the first couple of times i did it. Was thinking "omg this is so annoying", but after that i worked out the pattern the tornados go in and now i find it easy.

It's not that we can't learn the pattern; watching and learning is easy. It's the fact that any slight lag has the effect that tornados are appearing and disappearing randomly, which makes for a frightfully hectic quest.
Edited by Galinox on 11/14/2012 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well im playing from australia and on 200ms constantly. I don't like the tornado's i have to dodge in the Heart of Fear however.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Several times, I got across the bridge only to have my torch wiff without a wind anywhere near me. And lag was less that 100ms.

This is me today.

I was in the clear and in the home stretch. Four times.

;-;
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Give it time, folks. I have not yet come across this daily, so I am not entirely sure what tornadoes you all speak of. However, think back to the Tornado mechanic on Alysrazor. If it is anything like that, the tornadoes will be nerfed at some point. Their movement speed will be reduced, and, considering they do any damage at all if you are struck by them, that will be minimized as well.

Wait it out. I hear of many complaints about the dailies, and Blizzard will soon cater to the wants and needs of the community.
Reply Quote
Got to be one of the worst quests I have ever come across.

Tried multiple times on my Paladin, had to give up. Some of the tornadoes weren't even close to me and they still put the torch out. Far too many tornadoes in some places - even passing between them blew the torch out. Some move very fast and come up behind you, they can't be avoided with a class that can't move fast.

Cannot remember the last time I couldn't actually finish a daily quest! This one is far too frustrating and time consuming, it's just not worth the sufferance.

I hope Blizz listens to the feedback on this and does something to make this quest achievable.
Edited by Toerag on 11/23/2012 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont recall having that much problem with this daily when I tried it. Took me about 2 or 3 tries but it sounds like I just got lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Oh come on this quest is awesome. It's great to be doing something other than killing 10 mobs or gathering 10 flowers.

Here's a tip if you're having trouble: run behind the tornados. That way even if your connection is lagging you won't get hit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I have to chime in with the feeling that this is the worst daily quest ever, and one I will never ever try again. Really, the designers on this particular one had no freaking clue what they were doing, and this obviously wasn't QA-ed sufficiently to allow your average player to complete without too much aggravation.
Edited by Crissana on 1/31/2013 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Leg 1: run on the right side, stop and wait for tornadoes to go away if they're close.
Leg 2: run on the left side, outside of the chain. The tornadoes can't touch you.
Leg 3: wait till center tornado comes to your end of the bridge, then follow right behind it in the center lane; shift left or right as soon as one of those tornadoes passes you going the other way.

If you have egregious lag, then I would not recommend doing this daily.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]