Make LFR and Normal/Heroic Share same lockout

89 Blood Elf Paladin
Please LFR is the worst thing ever and I'm sick of feeling that I have to run it to get a gear edge for normal raiding.

Please make it share a lockout so raiders are not forced into the monstrosity that you have created.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Please make it share a lockout so raiders are not forced into the monstrosity that you have created.

That sounds like it's your group that's doing the forcing, saying "you better go do LFR or you'll be letting the team down and we're gonna boot you".

If that's the case, my suggestion is to find a raid group with a more casual attitude. Some groups like doing everything that is doable ingame as soon as possible to get the content down. Others just like to eventually kill the bosses, and still others are somewhere between the two. Find a group that fits the way you want to play.

Making it share a lockout will just stop those that want to do that raid on both from doing so.
Edited by Alelsa on 11/1/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We should also remove normal modes because we shouldn't have to run normals to get geared for heroic modes.

While we're at it, dungeons and dailies for valor are also unbalanced. Blizzard should only have one thing to do at level 90: heroic raids
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
11/01/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Aireous
you don't have to do LFR so don't!

You are gimping your raid group by not running it. I'm sick of feeling that I have to suffer through the mess that is LFR each and every week.

Blizzard made 10 and 25s share a lockout because 25 man guilds were "forced" into running the lower skilled 10s for extra gear each week. This new system is no different but 100x worse due to the nature of LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
And this is why the heroic/normal lockout was changed.

Please don't ruin the game for others that do want to raid both.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
if your raid team requires the gear from LFR, then they should do it as a team. That will cut down on the horribleness of pugging. 2 tanks 3 heals and 5 compentent DPS will take care of must LFR pug issues.

My guild runs LFR and fills 20 of the 25 slots. When its all your own people doing it, the only thing you can complain about is your own badness then :)
Reply Quote
93 Human Monk
11/01/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Buttercookie
You are gimping your raid group by not running it. I'm sick of feeling that I have to suffer through the mess that is LFR each and every week.

Tell that to the people who got the world first kills with nothing but what they got our of heroics. See how that stupid argument of yours floats when it can barely hold any watter.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Please LFR is the worst thing ever and I'm sick of feeling that I have to run it to get a gear edge for normal raiding.

Sorry, sharing lockouts would be dumb.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

You really need to change that way of looking at things.

You're not gimping your group just because you don't do absolutely everything doable ingame to gear up as soon as possible.

You're gimping your group if you slack on things like getting gear gemmed and enchanted, and don't bother doing anything at all between raids to improve (even if it's just practicing rotations, etc.)

If your group has strict requirements on you being the absolute best that you can be without any consideration for whether or not that's actually practical, then you're in the wrong group with the wrong people. If they want to do that, let them, but find a group that doesn't require you to do LFR. If you don't want to do it, chances are lots of other people don't - find them, and make a new group.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Blizzard made 10 and 25s share a lockout because 25 man guilds were "forced" into running the lower skilled 10s for extra gear each week. This new system is no different but 100x worse due to the nature of LFR.

But the guilds that ran the raids thus far before LFR version was released sufficed just fine in killing their respective bosses.

Not trolling just trying to see your thought process.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As someone suggested, if your raid group makes it mandatory to run LFR every week, the group should do LFR together. Don't ruin it for others by placing restrictions on something that is supposed to be accessible to all.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
But the guilds that ran the raids thus far before LFR version was released sufficed just fine in killing their respective bosses.

Not trolling just trying to see your thought process.

People keep referring to to the top guilds not running LFR. LFR came out a week after people started raiding and yes that first week everyone ran MSV and right now HOF without doing LFR, but you better believe they all rand LFR the following week for a chance to get a gear advantage.

Did everyone forget how something like 5 of the best guilds in the world got banned for exploiting LFR gear the first week of DS?

With the option top raiders, and even middle ground raiders do everything they can to get a little more of a edge when walking into their weekly raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
i read this.

i am lazy and dont want to run lfr for upgrades to help my guild progression...
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
11/01/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Ecthrund
Don't ruin it for others by placing restrictions on something that is supposed to be accessible to all.

LFR is accessible to everyone. That is the point of it, for those that can't raid.

As everyone has pointed out in just about every post in this thread there is no need to run LFR if you're doing normal modes so all you normal mode raiders should not care, right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Or if your guild is so great; form a guild group and wreck the place in 20 mins
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
LFR is good for everyone. It allows casuals to experience the content, and lets hardcore players gear up and practice for the actual raid. Getting the basic mechanics down for a fight helps a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]