Can't Log Into Armory

(Locked)

75 Dwarf Warrior
So I've been trying to log into the Armory to view my characters, but I haven't been able to. I used to be able to - but that was a little while ago. I did add an Authenticatior - would that cause issues?
Quality Assurance
So you're not able to log into the Mobile at all? What error are you seeing?
75 Dwarf Warrior
Nope. The error is:

Login Failed.

Connection Error. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, the access point you are connecting to may be blocking port 8780.

I know that port is open.
Quality Assurance
Nope. The error is:

Login Failed.

Connection Error. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, the access point you are connecting to may be blocking port 8780.

I know that port is open.

This isn't necessarily an issue with the port, but it's possible. The best thing to do would be to contact our Technical Support department: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-technicalsupport

You may also wish to contact the your router manufacturer's tech support. In fact, this may be the best solution. Let them know the issue isn't specifically a blocked port, despite the error saying so. (Yes, it's a bad error, but it is definitely an issue with the WiFi.)
85 Worgen Hunter
I'm unsure why my post was deleted. Perhaps there are rules for this particular forum I am unaware of, and if that is the case, I apologize.

Last night I tried to log into Remote and was unable to either via WiFi or 3G. I attributed this to bad reception in my house. However, after hours of decent connectivity with everything else (mail, Safari, any other app that requires Internet), it seemed unlikely this was an issue with my connection. To be sure, I went to a friend's house and used their WiFi, then went to university and used the WiFi there. Everything worked except remote. I was receiving the same error/problem with both 3G and WiFi.

I'm not particularly tech savvy, but I'm curious on how this would be an issue with my router or WiFi (and everyone else's WiFi for that matter) and not an issue with the app?

As of now I'm able to log into Remote on WiFi on SOME of my characters. One of mine is "stuck" logged in although that is the one I definitely cannot log onto. When I try connecting what that one, same thing about connection timing out.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I've benn having issues with the armory for about a day now...just keeps saying unable to connect to server...just wondering if its down for maintenance or something
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've benn having issues with the armory for about a day now...just keeps saying unable to connect to server...just wondering if its down for maintenance or something

I have the same problem here
90 Human Warrior
Many people have the same problem with logging into WoW Armory, check the app comments. Losing star rating in the process. Please fix soon.
90 Draenei Death Knight
The original poster's comment was from November 2012. The app has changed a lot since then, so any new issues with the app shouldn't be discussed here.

Just a suggestion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]