10 paladin raids

98 Human Paladin
So, I was a bit intrigued when I came across this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893520722?page=1 where a prot paladin mentions that he was second in DPS and second in healing done with 52k HPS in heroic MV, so it got me thinking, what could you do if you stacked ret paladins with battle healer glyphs? Would you even need healers? Here's some napkin math.

Let's say you have 1 prot paladin and 9 ret paladins. The prot paladin is doing 52k HPS. Let's examine the ret paladins next.

I just tested in my PvE gear on a target dummy, and with only self buffs I was capable of sustaining 50k DPS (with no flask). SoI healed myself for about 6500 HPS. If I was using the battle healer glyph, 30% of my DPS would be HPS, so 15k HPS to the raid + 6500 HPS to myself. Multiply that by 9 ret paladins and you get 21.5k * 9 = 193,500 HPS + the tank contributing 52k HPS and you come to the total of 245,500 HPS, and this is before factoring in the possibility of clumping and using Light's Hammer, which I know is 100K+ HPS while it's active which in a raid full of paladins would have > 100% uptime.

So it'd be possible to generate around 350,000 raid HPS with 0 actual healers, which is well beyond what is actually necessary to keep a raid alive. Which brings me to my next point. I want to try this and record it. I need 2 geared prot paladins, and 8 geared ret paladins, one of which can toss on a tank set if need be. Let's prove to the rest of the world that all non-paladin classes, and in fact healers, are irrelevant. Post here if you're willing to try this with me sometime next week along with your spec and current gear score.

I'm almost 100% sure that a raid full of ret paladins and prot paladins could kill bosses in both MV and HoF, so let's make it happen!

Tanks

Ret with tank gear
3. Killed

lolrets
4. Wutangrza, ilvl 481
5. Khadys
6. Marcosias
7. Ekwon

edit: Proof of concept video in heroic scholo with 0 healers: Here's the video of our 0 healer heroic (4 ret paladins and a prot paladin): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCJzsbTggQ

To those who say "lolheroics" just remember that this only scales better in a raid. 4 ret paladins might only be cranking out 80k HPS, but 8 or 23? That'd be astronomically high HPS.

Last edit: The full ret raid was a total success, video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv6uqy8ECds
Edited by Wutangrza on 11/9/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/1DxSj.jpg
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
Just popping in to say that me, 3 other ret paladins, and a prot paladin, were able to very easily (the tank's health never even moved) do heroic scholo.

I really think this would be possible to kill bosses in MV or HoF with 0 healers.

I fraps'ed the scholo clear, I'm working on transcoding it and uploading it right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Highly doubt that you'd be able to kill raid bosses with zero healers, you'd probably have to be using most of your holy power for healing, and then your dps would probably suffer to where you won't be able to make enrages
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
We aren't using any holy power for healing. Glyph of the Battle Healer turns 30% of ALL DPS into HPS. If you had 20 ret paladins each doing 50k DPS, that's 300,000 HPS before you even factor in SoI self heals or light's hammer usage (1 minute cooldown, 100k+ HPS for 12 seconds).

Raid DPS would be fairly high considering you would bring 0 healers. 23 x 50,000 = 1,150,000 DPS and 345,000 HPS (not factoring in light's hammers and sacred shields, which would make this number skyrocket). Compare that to a typical raid composition with 6 healers and 2 tanks and 17 DPS: 1,150,000/17 = 67,647 DPS.

So 23 mediocre ret paladins doing 50k DPS would be equivalent DPS wise to an entire normal raid of players doing ~70k DPS since you are bringing so many more DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
something makes me doubt that mediocre ret paladins can do 50k dps with seal of insight. It all looks nice on paper, but in an actual raid scenario it'd be impressive to see it pulled off
Edited by Zen on 11/2/2012 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
I can do 50k DPS on a target dummy using SoI without a flask?

So call it 45k DPS, either way the numbers are huge, even with 40k DPS the HPS numbers are pretty astronomical.

Here's the video of scholo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCJzsbTggQ
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm down to try this! Let me know when and I will come in and LOLret it up.
Edited by Punkybruiser on 11/3/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You have to figure out what part of that dps works with battle healer though. Not every attack procs it. I think TV, CS, and auto attack proc it, not sure if anything else does. Go hit a dummy and figure it out :).

This sounds interesting...
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
11/04/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Gymtansmush
I would bring this into a challenge mode. Would give you a better test than a heroic will compared to a raid.

Well, the issue with a challenge mode is that battle healer really only gets "overpowered" when you can stack it massively (a 40 person raid of ret paladins all using BH would be a walking god mode machine).

Anyway, I've setup the raid, if you are interested please sign up here: http://openraid.us/r/66470

I will fraps it for all to see of course!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I support this thread and bump it out of curiosity.

Go Ret Pallies!!! Make me proud!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I wan in.

Drekthal#1824
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Worth pointing out that you are overestimating Battle Healer. It only works with CS, TV, autoattacks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
wutz add my battletag kornkills#1211 i'll be on alts all weeknd
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
It totally worked for all you naysayers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv6uqy8ECds
Part 2 is uploading right now as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Ah, LFR. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 25 of any 1 class and clear LFR. Maybe not warriors.
Edited by Zen on 11/9/2012 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
11/09/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Zen
Ah, LFR. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 25 of any 1 class and clear LFR. Maybe not warriors.

It's worth pointing out that while LFR is easy, the level of coordination/player skill/familiarity in this raid is nowhere near what it would be in an organized and talented guild. Math wise, I think you could probably raid actual content with this sort of a stacked setup, you would just need to actually coordinate cooldowns instead of throwing down light's hammers and devo auras whenever you feel like it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zen, I'd be very surprised if 25 mages or warlocks or rogues could do Will for example.
Edited by Balhale on 11/9/2012 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]