Did not receive realm first CM gold feat

100 Blood Elf Monk
Hi. My Challenge Mode group completed our last gold run last night. I was there for every single run, and even went back to do one over for a group mate who missed it. When we completed the last one, my group mates received the realm first feat of strength, but I did not. I did receive the all golds achievement, and I got my transmog gear, but I was really after the server spam.

It was very frustrating not to receive the feat, which I clearly earned, and I have no idea why I did not receive it. I submitted a GM ticket, and he recommended I make a request here to have this bug investigated and get the feat granted to me retroactively. I know that this is possible to do and would really appreciate it. I worked hard for this and it sucks that I will not get to see the server spam for myself, but I would still like to have the feat as a trophy for the time I invested. Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The bug actually needs to be reported on the Bug Reports forum, not the CS forum.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Monkraxx
I would still like to have the feat

That isn't something granted in most cases. In ticket or forums.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
11/02/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Diamora
The bug actually needs to be reported on the Bug Reports forum, not the CS forum.

I did.

11/02/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Nobody
I would still like to have the feat

It's definitely possible, as the GM I talked to confirmed. He told me to make a request here.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Monkraxx
. He told me to make a request here.

You misunderstood.

He/she meant for you to post in the appropraite forum if you'd like to see a change in policy.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/02/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Monkraxx

I did.

It's definitely possible, as the GM I talked to confirmed. He told me to make a request here.

I'm not sure why the GM told you to post here because this forum isn't read for bug issues, nor will they be able to grant you an achievement through the forums. The blues who post on this forum do moderation and are able to help with some minor account/billing issues. They can't award achievements.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
11/02/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
. He told me to make a request here.

You misunderstood.

He/she meant for you to post in the appropraite forum if you'd like to see a change in policy.

Perhaps I did misunderstand, but I don't think so. Does "put in a request with customer service" have some different meaning? I was under the impression that this forum was for contacting customer service.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Monkraxx
I was under the impression that this forum was for contacting customer service.

Once again, you misunderstood.

This forum is to direct people to the proper venue to address their issues and to help clarify policies.

The customer support you're referring to WAS that GM.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, whether or not you're able to get this worked out, and I hope you do, just wanted to say congratulations. Even if you weren't realm first, that's still amazing to me.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Customer Service is unique in many ways. While they are not the folks to request achievements from, or report bugs to, they will sometimes take on very odd cases that need investigation. They might be willing to take yours and help explain to you what happened. If so, that may allow for a more detailed bug report that, in the long term, may resolves your issue.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I was under the impression that this forum was for contacting customer service

Nope. This is a player to player support forum. The only way to contact Customer Service for in game issues like you're experiencing are through GM tickets.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
11/02/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
I was under the impression that this forum was for contacting customer service.

Once again, you misunderstood.

This forum is to direct people to the proper venue to address their issues and to help clarify policies.

The customer support you're referring to WAS that GM.

Actually, you're incorrect. While this forum is not the correct venue, there is a separate customer service ticket option through Battle.net that the GM directed me to. The in game GMs are not "the" customer service department, they are the Q+A department. For your information, you can access that customer support ticket here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid

The in game GMs are not "the" customer service department, they are the Q+A department.

Once yet again, you are mistaken.

For your information, you can access that customer support ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

That goes the same place as an in game ticket.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Perhaps I did misunderstand, but I don't think so. Does "put in a request with customer service" have some different meaning? I was under the impression that this forum was for contacting customer service.

I've reviewed both responses you received, Monkraxx, but I don't see the advice to "put in a request with customer service". In the first response I see that the Game Master directed you to submit a bug report through the Customer Support interface. They also advised you to check the Bug Report forum for possible updated, but I don't see any additional references to make a request with CS.

Do you have a ticket ID?

11/02/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Monkraxx
Actually, you're incorrect. While this forum is not the correct venue, there is a separate customer service ticket option through Battle.net that the GM directed me to. The in game GMs are not "the" customer service department, they are the Q+A department. For your information, you can access that customer support ticket here:

Well no, Game Masters are not "the" customer service department, they are part of it though. Which includes the Billing and Account Services department. QA, which is Quality Assurance are not part of CS, they are the ones that test the game and investigate bug reports. They work with Development to address those types of issues and have nothing directly to do with customer support.

That link, submits a ticket, just like the in-game interface that is directed to either Billing or In-Game Support.

From what I can see of the response to your second ticket it was stated that the Game Master staff is unable to assist with granting this achievement but that a report to our QA teams can be made for testing and confirmation of a possible issue so it can be addressed in a hotfix or patch.

I am sorry for the confusion, Monkraxx.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
My mistake, then. So if I'm understanding this correctly, the only way I'm going to receive the achievement that I rightfully earned is if a hotfix or patch is applied that would retroactively grant it to me, the only person who I have seen so far who has reported this issue. So in other words, a hotfix or patch (or part of a hotfix or patch) directed explicitly towards helping me? The chances of that happening sound awfully slim. I understand why this may be difficult, but perhaps you can sympathize with my frustration on this point. Again, sorry for the confusion in placing this here - I think I received information from several sources and jumbled it up.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Monkraxx
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the only way I'm going to receive the achievement that I rightfully earned is if a hotfix or patch is applied that would retroactively grant it to me,

Once again you are misunderstanding.

A future patch or hotfix will not retroactively award it to you.

11/02/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Monkraxx
perhaps you can sympathize with my frustration on this point.

Everyone does.

Unfortunately, no one can award you this achievement
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
GM quote: "What we can do is submit a bug report to our QA teams for testing and confirmation in that they can issue a hotfix/patch update or retroactively go in and grant this for you." Am I misunderstanding that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I thought that they did help with achievements that could not be repeated? Isn't this one of those types? Realm firsts only happen once.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Monkraxx
GM quote: "What we can do is submit a bug report to our QA teams for testing and confirmation in that they can issue a hotfix/patch update or retroactively go in and grant this for you." Am I misunderstanding that?

Confirmation of a hotfix that would specifically and retroactively grant you the achievement would be up to the Developers.

Not the Blues here, nor QA.

11/02/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Donjulia
I thought that they did help with achievements that could not be repeated?

Who? Blues here? No.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
For the issue to be "fixed" our QA department needs to look into the cause, verify what happened and work to implement a resolution. For realm firsts they generally tried to make sure that those who earned them, have them awarded.

Since the others in your group received it, that should make it easier to verify.

Good luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]