Best in Slot lists for Monk specs?

3 Orc Mage
I apologize if this is a common thread here, but I am in dire need of a BiS list of some form. Mr Robot keeps prioritizing Strength Trinkets. Wowbestinslot keeps prioritizing Stam and Dodge trinkets.

I'm honestly not sure. For the curious, I am brewmaster, and I am just trying to figure out if a Relic of Xuen (Agi) is worth the investment. Well, my guild is buying it for me if possible, so I'm looking to see that their investment would be good.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spec? If you're a windwalker then yes, get the trinket. Although relic wouldn't be a bad choice for Brewmaster, there are some better ones out there as far as tanking goes.
Reply Quote
3 Orc Mage
11/06/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Kevinjames
Spec? If you're a windwalker then yes, get the trinket. Although relic wouldn't be a bad choice for Brewmaster, there are some better ones out there as far as tanking goes.

Brewmaster is my spec, yes. I guess I'm just confused on what kind of trinkets to get. Most places either recommend agi trinkets (Vial of Stars, Hawkmasters Talon) or outright Stam/Dodge Trinkets (VP stam/dodge from Shado-Pan, Dragons Blood from Elegon).

I'm currently using Vial of Stars from LFR Elegon and Brawlers Trinket from level 90 Direbrew. My guild is making DMF trinkets while the fairs in town, and I'm being asked what, if anything, I would want. I'm just not sure.

The rest of the gear for a list is easier to figure out, though I would say that Trinkets and weapons are the biggest contending category.
Edited by Tengamest on 11/6/2012 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would check out some of the monk tanks clearing heroics and see what their using.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
11/06/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Kevinjames
I would check out some of the monk tanks clearing heroics and see what their using.

Its embarassing but...

11/06/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Tengamest
For the curious, I am brewmaster, and I am just trying to figure out if a Relic of Xuen (Agi) is worth the investment

Yes times infinity. Its not a 'tank' trinket per-se but its probably the best trinket when it comes to raid healing as BrM.
In 10m, if you play effectively, you can literally cut a healer and 2 heal pretty much everything.

Its a million times better than niuzao and can literally see use in every fight we've worked on.

Look at my trinkets; It seems kinda funny that i'm using straight dps trinkets, but they are the best for progression raiding imo. I personally believe in agi procs because they also have a dodge, crit, and damage incentive. Well rounded imo. I've never needed effective health (+stam) on any fight so far.

I've only ever used niuzao on will and partially on gara'jal; but eventually switched to dps trinkets because they were more viable.
Edited by Advanced on 11/6/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]