Alleria Windrunner

90 Blood Elf Mage
She's been on my mind for quite a long time now. Years in fact. And now the loading screens make mention of her fall into the Twisting Nether and never seen from again. I think it's very safe to assume she'll be making an appearance soon. What role do you think she might be providing? How do you think she will react to her sister being leader of the Forsaken? And speaking of Sylvanas, does she appear to be acting different to anyone as of Cataclysm? A little colder? A little more cynical perhaps?
Reply Quote
She's coming back next expansion. As I see it, after the Alliance vs Horde war settles down, Alliance will have to watch her as she still holds a hatred to Orcs, Trolls and now Forsaken and Blood Elves. Who knows maybe she'll become a boss :P lol I jest.... or do I? /FlameON!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/06/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Searik
She's coming back next expansion. As I see it, after the Alliance vs Horde war settles down, Alliance will have to watch her as she still holds a hatred to Orcs, Trolls and now Forsaken and Blood Elves. Who knows maybe she'll become a boss :P lol I jest.... or do I? /FlameON!!!

Given the track record of the story writers as of late, either this or she becomes a whiny man-hugging neutral toon is the most likely scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Windrunner women have a bad track record. Kill em all I say.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
my bet is she is a raid boss. drinking orc blood that was infused with demon blood, being cut off from the sunwell, and being exposed to that much fel energy in outland turns her into a fel elf who is crazy. her hubby goes nuts watching her transform, and they are a to boss raid battle
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
My bet is she'll be neutral.

Why?

Because !@#$ consistency.
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
This gave me an idea. What if her and Turaloyn's agression toward the Horde is next expansion which still has the Horde Vs. Alliance. Since its most likely it will end after MoP. Small factions among the Horde and Alliance still holding old hatreds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/06/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Zaestrasza
This gave me an idea. What if her and Turaloyn's agression toward the Horde is next expansion which still has the Horde Vs. Alliance. Since its most likely it will end after MoP. Small factions among the Horde and Alliance still holding old hatreds.

They've probably been fighting demons for years now. Any chance for them to be involved in A vs H conflicts have passed. So far, there's no Horde version of these 2, so more than likely they'll be neutral.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/06/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Noitora

They've probably been fighting demons for years now. Any chance for them to be involved in A vs H conflicts have passed. So far, there's no Horde version of these 2, so more than likely they'll be neutral.

they dont have to be neutral to fight demons. THey can still be alliance focusing on the fight vs. demons.

Turalyon better not be neutral
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The scale of the neutrality-push from all angles of the game is really killing me -- in my opinion the only races, currently, that even should have a remote discussion about neutrality should be the Blood Elves and the Draenei.

The former because they are a literally divided people, the latter because they exist solely to foster the creation of the Army of Light and faction-bias runs contrary to that goal.

The rest are all very ingrained and any further talk, especially by developers, smacks of realworld overlap where everyone must hold hands and sing kumbaya.

EDIT: And by "neutrality", I don't mean either of them leaving their current factions -- but rather counterparts being made playable. Blood Elves would still be Horde, their High Elven brethren the Alliance.
Edited by Fyersing on 11/7/2012 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
An orc opting for neutrality makes about as much sense as a freeborn African opting to move from Ethiopia to Richmond, Virginia circa 1860.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Just thought you should know Windrunners Husband is confirmed dead in 5.1 .He was visiting Theramore when the Bomb went off he died along with Jania's Gnome apprentice. Kinda the reason Jania is losing her mind.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/18/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Vígsterkr
Just thought you should know Windrunners Husband is confirmed dead in 5.1 .He was visiting Theramore when the Bomb went off he died along with Jania's Gnome apprentice. Kinda the reason Jania is losing her mind.

Wrong Windrunner.

You're thinking of Vereesa.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The old guard from WC2 really need to get their collective !@#$ together. We saw a fair bit of Kurdran in Cata and the leader short stories, but Khadgar is still A'dal's neutral secretary and Danath is all but forgotten at Hellfire. Stromgarde is in ruins and his statue in SW got knocked over! He should be frothing at the mouth!

As for Alleria and Turalyon, It doesn't take a psychic to know the safe bets' on them being "big picture" neutral types.
Reply Quote
63 Pandaren Warrior
People expecting a genocidal maniac Alleria should reread Beyond the Dark Portal.
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Rogue
Alleria has two sisters to choose from. She wasn't around for Arthas' invasion of Quel'Thalas and pretty much missed out on the whole undead business. I think she'd be a tad warmer towards Sylvanas than what we've seen from Vereesa.

Turalyon isn't a friend of the Orcs and likely still harbors some loyalty toward the Alliance. However, he's a Lordaeron man and need not have any specific loyalty towards Stormwind or its king. No less likely is loyalty towards the Order of the Silver Hand, and the remnants of that organization are led by Tirion Fordring, a man whom Turalyon knew and fought alongside back in the day.

That's ignoring any possible change of perspective caused by fighting demons in alien worlds for the past few decades.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/19/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Dynacharge
People expecting a genocidal maniac Alleria should reread Beyond the Dark Portal.
And people expecting Turalyon and Alleria to be anything like the characters they used to be when they finally appear in WoW should look at every other character Blizzard's managed to botch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Well Alleria absolutely hates Orcs, even if she calmed down a bit in Beyond the Dark Portal.

Also, a big part of her and Turalyon's decision was to go through a portal and make sure the Horde doesn't corrupt any other worlds. That's kind of a big part of what they've been doing for years...presumably.

Coming back to Azeroth and finding out that Quel'thalas joined the Horde and started sucking demon magic will probably piss Alleria off quite a bit. Unless she started doing it herself to stave off addiction...in which case, Turalyon's been a pretty crappy husband.

If the Alliance is ever going to get it's High Elves back, it's going to have to be in the next expansion because Alleria is leading a large contingent of them. And they could have been breeding for the last 20+ years or however long it's been. Between them and the Silver Covenant, Blizzard could finally bring back one of the iconic Alliance races.

edit: And as for Sylvanas, no, she's always been a (female dog). If anything, she was worse in WCIII:TFT where she was using banshees to posses Ogres and Humans to her advantage.

Even in life, Sylvanas has never been known to hold back.
Edited by Draile on 11/19/2012 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, I think though racially, all High Elves are Alliance aligned though with Dalaran becoming part of the Alliance in the next patch. Allerias contingent will most likely be Alliance aligned as well.

The current racial leaders of the High Elves can probably be considered Vereesa Windrunner, who could probably become quite proactive with leading the High Elves as a force against the Horde, and Auric Sunchaser, who lead the High Elves of Allerian Stronghold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Oh just let Alleria lead the High Elves.

Vereesa is just a dumb generic Windrunner made up so Knaak could have his own version of Alleria.

Let the ACTUAL Warcraft in-game hero lead the High Elves. Alleria is the ORIGINAL moody Windrunner. Let her and Sylvanas square off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]