I'm uhnappy w/ the current representatives II

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't blame the Blizzard employees for getting a bit snarky in some of their posts. It's quite frankly hard not to. And sometimes it's the only way to get a point across. In fact, I applaud them in how they respond to some of the more inane posts on here.

That being said, I also disagree with their posts more often than not, of late. It's fairly obvious to me that they are trying very hard to push certain aspects of MoP as being beneficial when really they aren't. I also think the devs, and by extension, the blues have really lost touch with the community.

I'll go out on a limb here and use CRZ's as an example, as it still seems a very hot topic. Blues are trying, with minimal (if any) success to sell the idea to the player base. Yet most of the posts I read are people voicing concerns and complaints about it. Some of those negative posts have been constructive, others not so much. Even when I talk to fellow WoW players outside of the forums and who rarely if ever visit the forums, the response I get is overwhelmingly negative.

My point is that the blues are, first and foremost, a mouthpiece for the devs. But I also believe they are also our mouthpiece to the devs. I don't envy their job in the slightest. Bashing on them isn't going to solve anything. But I would ask the blues to keep in mind that there are a LOT of players who are very unhappy with the game in it's current state, and we want our voices and opinions heard and noted. If something isn't going to change, for whatever reason, just say so, and what the reason might be. I like to think we are all intelligent human beings behind these posts, but some of us lack the communication skills. For blues, having those communication skills should be part of the job requirement, so I do hold blues to a higher standard when I read and try to interpret their posts.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I, frankly, don't really care if the CM's go out of their way to be extra polite, even though they do.

What really matters is if they are shuffling information back and forth between us and the developers, keeping the forums relatively clean, getting stickies updated, and being involved with the playerbase beyond just shouting from the top of some citadel - and I think they do all those things well.

I would rather be dealing with people than representatives. People, if you can handle it, tend to be more forthright and truthful. The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow at times, but if it is that or the gleaming empty smile of corporate fake-understanding - I'll take the bitter pill. I'll take the human.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I, frankly, don't really care if the CM's go out of their way to be extra polite, even though they do.

What really matters is if they are shuffling information back and forth between us and the developers, keeping the forums relatively clean, getting stickies updated, and being involved with the playerbase beyond just shouting from the top of some citadel - and I think they do all those things well.

I would rather be dealing with people than representatives. People, if you can handle it, tend to be more forthright and truthful. The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow at times, but if it is that or the gleaming empty smile of corporate fake-understanding - I'll take the bitter pill. I'll take the human.

you said what I was trying to say much better than I could. Thank you! :)
90 Dwarf Paladin
wow. did a blue just overide another blue?

gladiator . . i salute you

I didn't want to focus on that and distract from the discussion, but that was a pretty interesting turn of events.
90 Human Mage
wow. did a blue just overide another blue?

gladiator . . i salute you

I didn't want to focus on that and distract from the discussion, but that was a pretty interesting turn of events.

I think they should livestream the wrestling match that will surely result from this.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I think they should livestream the wrestling match that will surely result from this.

i'm so getting my popcorn ready lol
Community Manager

I know my brother would eject people from his store if they spoke to employees the way people on these forums speak to the Blues. There is a line between providing customer service and taking verbal abuse.

Oh, and what Zarhym said about them not actually being Customer Service.

So a representative of a company that interacts with customers has nothing to do with customer service? Riiiight...

This is what I meant by saying I'd like to avoid the semantic argument. :)

Yes, on some fundamental level we're providing support for our customers, but we're also not a part of the CS department at Blizzard. PR & Community form the Blizzard Communications branch. There is some two-way crossover between CS and Communications. Each side performs some functions that relate to the other. For example, having CS reps on the forums, Twitter, and Facebook links them to the company's overall communications/engagement strategy (which is largely determined by PR/Community). On the flipside, CMs answering player questions and sharing information with the public is a function of providing customer support (while CS policies and strategies are determined by CS).

There are major differences though. CS has access to tools that allow them to verify in-game matters and other situations reported to them, and offer billing and technical support to players on an individual basis. We don't have that same access and aren't trained to do what they do.

Meanwhile, we share design insight and philosophies to discuss World of Warcraft gameplay with the community in a public setting. This isn't a function of CS, as PR/Community is responsible for talking regularly to the developers about design, upcoming content, and gameplay feedback.

As I said before, our discussions with players tend to be subjective in nature, whereas CS is often assisting players with X issue which has Y solution.

I feel it's important to reiterate how I distinguished one-on-one interaction from public interaction. I never appreciate when people use some analogy to a retail customer service situation to make a point about how we don't treat customers correctly:

11/06/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Opolis
Go ask any manager of any store what he/she thinks a customer service reps job is to do in the face of a "rude" customer.

Are there tens of thousands of other customers standing around, listening in, and given the opportunity to share their opinion of how the interaction between the store manager and the "rude" customer went? I don't find this relevant.

You'd be better off comparing what we do to a town hall debate, but I'm not running for anything. ;)
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
You'd be better off comparing what we do to a town hall debate, but I'm not running for anything. ;)

The forums need Foursquare, then we could run for Mayor.

I don't want to assume too much about the inner workings but I would hope the two Blues spoke iin person before resuming, but maybe not.
Edited by Mcdrunk on 11/6/2012 3:47 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
11/06/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Zarhym

(<_<)

(>_>)

ZARHYM FOR WARCHIEF!!!

ZARHYM/DAXXARRI 2012 FOR HORDE WARCHIEF!!!

Make it so.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Juststabd

(<_<)

(>_>)

ZARHYM FOR WARCHIEF!!!

ZARHYM/DAXXARRI 2012 FOR HORDE WARCHIEF!!!

Make it so.

Late write in votes don't hold up well. Basic Campfire probably has a pretty commanding lead.
90 Human Mage
11/06/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Mcdrunk
I don't want to assume too much about the inner workings but I would hope the two Blues spoke iin person before resuming, but maybe not.

I'm sure, I was teasing. But if they wanna get all oiled up and wrestle for us, that's totally their call. :)
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Ajulynn

I'm sure, I was teasing. But if they wanna get all oiled up and wrestle for us, that's totally their call. :)

/signed.
90 Human Death Knight
Late write in votes don't hold up well. Basic Campfire probably has a pretty commanding lead.

Nope. Voljin's winning.

And the Sha of Happiness' winning the other one.

Basic campfire's trailing -_-
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I vote Voljin
75 Draenei Shaman
Their job is to grin and bear it, regardless of how wrong the customer is.

Pretty flawed view of customer service. In a past job, I've had someone call up and threaten to kill me. Yeah, I'm not grinning and bearing that, sorry.

Yeah, they don't either. Forum ban.

Zayhym I'll give you credit, you're a champ and you've earned your position. We are aware of the distinction between a community manager and someone who can help us with a billing issue but...

You are customer service, dude... Lol. The highest form mind you! So you can be proud of that. People come here because they have concerns about the product. Questions that can't be answered on an FAQ or from in-game GM's.

You're one of the few who can give confirmation or say, "we're working on this".

The fact that it is a forum and you're a moderator means you can choose your battles. You dont have to grin and bear because you can choose to ignore.

But I'm about breaking the mold, stay away from the standard corporate model of customer service and educate your fanbase. This game sort of hurt itself for a while from being too kind with their demands. Remember when you introduced LFR so people could "see" content which then flooded your forums with LFR LOOT QQ.

Today was a good day. You kicked some butt. My point is you guys have been pretty soft in the past and I'd like to see a little more "HEY.... Knock it off.."

Thank you and stay strong. Don't give in to childish demands!
90 Human Warrior
I think the Blues do a great job. In a minor way, I'm kind of in the same boat as they are.

I work CS at a grocery store, and up until 2.5 years ago or so it was a locally owned, well regarded business. The family sold to a multistate corporation, and since then, nothing we can do is right. Nothing ever went wrong when the old owners owned the stores, according to the customers. We're awful, awful people who're trying to screw and deceive and obfuscate and cheat and otherwise kick puppies, despite the fact that a large group of the people (including all of our managers) worked in the old company. A lot of times it doesn't matter what I do; the customer has already decided to be ticked off.

The Blues have a tough job. Far tougher than mine. My hat's off to you guys. I don't know how you do it, but I've always been impressed by both your professionalism and your familiarity towards the community.
90 Tauren Druid
I am truly amazed at some of the crap that the CMs put up with and still try to address whatever the issue brought up is. I do not think that there is a "grin and bear it" attitude, since occasionally you do see a slightly snarky remark, but usually that is when some one has pushed and pushed and pushed, and in most situations, asked for it. I salute them for some of the situations they find themselves in.

Oh, and if you want to see what happens when a CM gets really pissed off, look up Tseric. Old school forum goers, especially from the shaman forums, should know what I am talking about.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]