I'm uhnappy w/ the current representatives II

(Locked)

90 Human Mage
I've rarely seen Blue's act rude.

You don't come to the boards often and if you do you don't pay attention. There are a couple prominent blues who use this as a forum to exact revenge on society for being bullied in real life.

No maybe it's because they rarely do such a thing. I've been here for 3 years, I got a pretty good idea of the Blue posters.

Yeah, you can get banned for some strange things around here.

Pretty sure he's hiding something we don't know about.
Edited by Valius on 11/6/2012 4:04 PM PST
90 Human Mage
11/06/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Baell
What kind of backwoods hospital still uses morphine regularly?

They put me on it after I had brain surgery. /shrug
90 Night Elf Warrior
I don't mind if blues lose their cool occasionally. That's how I know they are actually reading the posts.
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love the blue posters and I respect that they're fully willing to call people on their BS. Some of you come here, insult Blizzard, insult the game, even insult the blues - and then you want to get your underwear in a bunch when they disagree with you, or open a communication that suggests your view point isn't the only one (hint: it isn't).

So, if some of you aren't mature enough to realize that your way of thinking isn't the only way of thinking, go the hell away and whine up someone else's forums. Stop being infants who think that disagreeing with you makes someone wrong, or that they're insulting you.

Ugh, I wish Blizz would allow me to be a moderator.
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/06/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
You'd be better off comparing what we do to a town hall debate, but I'm not running for anything. ;)

I like this, I really like it a lot.

Many people need to realize is that those of us who are regular posters here who respect what the CMs and MVPs do greatly. Even when we're not lining up with opinions on the topic at hand.

I gained a HUGE respect for the CMs two years ago when the battle (I'll call it) over unreasonable difficulty during 4.0. They managed the debate very very well, and put up with a TON of very negative posting for months. Posting that was directly attacking Blizzard employees, poor choices of wording by both sides, and a community that was at each other's throats. The CMs handled all of it professionally and within a measurement of sanity.

There have been rare, very rare exceptions to this. (Some I remember, but will not repeat...) Zarhym, Neth, Bash, and the entire team have always done what needs to be done to communicate with the community effectively with the tools and situation they've been given.

If you want the highest level of CM professionalism with hot and controversial topics, I'd point you to any post by Zarhym or Draztal.

Calling the CMs or MVPs out basically because they'ree not agreeing with your view of a topic or the game is more deserving of a look in the mirror for a solution to the problem before writing an email or posting on these boards.
75 Draenei Shaman
11/06/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Oogies
So a representative of a company that interacts with customers has nothing to do with customer service? Riiiight...

Right. :)

Zarhym, is not a customer service/support representative of Blizzard. For all your customer service/support needs and concerns, please post and or/read these forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

Job titles more of a way to separate pay grades than they are to distinguish actual duties.

Try telling that to my boss. :(

Wait what? Yes he is. This has nothing to do with how he "should" or "shouldn't" act, I think he is doing a fine job but he is definitely a branch of customer service. Infact, he may be at the top of the heirarchy. Anyone who speaks directly to their patrons is apart of this. Not the programmers or the artists but here's a shocker, perhaps the community managers? It's a samantic argument for a reason, both are one in the same. Don't waste his time with a billing issue but surely you see that people follow blue posts because they are the only ones who can comment whether something is confirmed or simply say "we're working on it".
100 Undead Warlock
11/06/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
Everyday I'm sharing with the community on the forums, Twitter, and email my view of things, even as an official representative of Blizzard. I wouldn't love my career so much if I didn't actually believe what I'm saying or have the freedom to share my stance on things, or if my only role was to be someone's mouthpiece. On a personal level, I approach the forums each day hoping I can do some good, share helpful insights or new information, and encourage people to want to come to the forums for constructive reasons -- to speak reasonably and frankly about World of Warcraft with other players and representatives of Blizzard.

but how can you be an effective member of the community when you ignore a portion of it.

The PVP forums never see any kind of interaction with the Blues beyond a few stickies. Yes opinions on PVP can be quite volatile at times but PVP is as much a part of this game as any other portion, yet PVPers see no contact with the community managers.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

The PVP forums never see any kind of interaction with the Blues beyond a few stickies. Yes opinions on PVP can be quite volatile at times but PVP is as much a part of this game as any other portion, yet PVPers see no contact with the community managers.

I'm not sure it would do any overall good to. I love a good debate, but even I know to avoid pvp threads and class-balance threads. They tend to be extremely heated and contested threads that almost inevitably devolve into personal attacks. The canonical example being: "Well if you can't beat a <x> then ur bad"

There can be benefit to listening to the arguments made in such threads, but posting to them is unwise.
90 Human Mage
11/06/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Orangejulius
Wait what? Yes he is. This has nothing to do with how he "should" or "shouldn't" act, I think he is doing a fine job but he is definitely a branch of customer service. Infact, he may be at the top of the heirarchy. Anyone who speaks directly to their patrons is apart of this.

He has posted more than once and he disagrees with you.

Yes, on some fundamental level we're providing support for our customers, but we're also not a part of the CS department at Blizzard. PR & Community form the Blizzard Communications branch. There is some two-way crossover between CS and Communications. Each side performs some functions that relate to the other. For example, having CS reps on the forums, Twitter, and Facebook links them to the company's overall communications/engagement strategy (which is largely determined by PR/Community). On the flipside, CMs answering player questions and sharing information with the public is a function of providing customer support (while CS policies and strategies are determined by CS).
Edited by Ajulynn on 11/6/2012 4:24 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
We [...] aren't trained

Zarhym admits the blues aren't trained! No wonder they're doing such a terrible job. ActiBlizz is just a corporate machine grinding into our wallets and cutting corners any way they can. Insert continued tirade and other tin foil hat shenanigans.
2 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Suijin
That's great, and you should be doing all that. Just you don't have to be so rude about it, you know? That's all we're trying to say.

Being straightforward, blunt, and truthful/honest to someone isn't the same thing as being rude. It is good that the CMs don't always sugar coat their replies, there is far too much of that in the world as is, this era of political correctness has had a negative impact on society.

The saying about people not being able to handle the truth is often right.

Sure they joke from time to time, but that also is not the same thing as being rude. Calling people out on their 'bluffs' is just that calling them out and telling it as they see it.
2 Dwarf Warrior
I worked a customer service job in university.. whoever made up the slogan "the customer is always right" probably never dealt with a single customer.. I hope he/she is suffering some horrible fate right now. It just gives miserable people an excuse to be insufferable jerks.
90 Draenei Hunter
As a member of other, well-moderated forums, I have to put the blame on Blizzard for their failure to police the community.

You let people take stuff way too far and then act surprised or outraged when they go further. Or when you've finally had enough.

You don't let kindergarten tykes set the tone, or act abusively to one another or you get chaos. There's hardline forum management and at the other end of the spectrum is Blizzard allowing bad attitudes, abusive behavior and trolling to go unchecked for years.

Blizzard has made their own bed. The community is what they have fostered, or at least, allowed to fester. Sure the people are bad, but if bothers them, they're the only ones to blame.
90 Human Warrior
The Customer is always right slogan needs to die in a fire. Rezzed back and die in a fire again and again and again until it's nothing but ASH!
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
11/06/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Snaake
I worked a customer service job in university.. whoever made up the slogan "the customer is always right" probably never dealt with a single customer.. I hope he/she is suffering some horrible fate right now. It just gives miserable people an excuse to be insufferable jerks.

I think "the customer is always right" is something a business should think, but a customer should never ever try to pull.

What the customer should do, like any human dealing with another human on planet earth - is remember Wil Wheaton's advice.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]