I'm uhnappy w/ the current representatives II

(Locked)

100 Goblin Warlock
This

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847924838?page=2#28

And his track record is the mindset of "if you don't agree with what I'm saying I put my fingers in my ears for a few responses and ignore any valid point you have and when I want to take my fingers out I lash out at you".

That guy has been trolling and abusive for months.

So, the first example you think of is from the EU forums, when I was speaking of the forums we are actually having this discussion on.

It is where this whole thing came from. I'm sorry if you missed the connection between them since it was vague throughout this entire thread and everyone was dancing around it, but we all know it was about him.

I'll say it again: The US blues have been polite consistently. I love the US blue posters. The only time they are sarcastic is in a fun way not a make fun of someone way like this blue from the EU is.
90 Night Elf Druid
This

And his track record is the mindset of "if you don't agree with what I'm saying I put my fingers in my ears for a few responses and ignore any valid point you have and when I want to take my fingers out I lash out at you".

Could you please highlight the valid points there were being made from the player and also highlight the part where the blue was being trolling and abusive, because I'm just not seeing it?
Their job is to grin and bear it, regardless of how wrong the customer is. They tell them what they want to hear (and let's not pretend that Blizzard doesn't do this to us) so that they go away.

We just don't agree with this.

The customer is not "wrong," but misguided.

In my job of retail, we're not to blatantly tell people they're wrong. If they are, we need to address the situation as a whole, and what brought the customer to that point.

It's filtering fact vs. opinion.
90 Human Warrior
That's the EU forums not the US forum.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Opolis
Go to any board here and you will find dozens of pages of threads containing constructive feedback going unnoticed or unanswered. Players are becoming hostile towards Blues because they feel they aren't being heard.

What evidence do you have that threads are going unread? Just because a Blue does not post does not mean that constructive, if they are so, ideas or criticism isn't read and sent back to Blizzard. And if Blues are indeed Customer Service or Customer Relations, why is participating in a fluff thread in an effort to bolster community relations considered a bad thing?
100 Goblin Warlock
This

Could you please highlight the valid points there were being made from the player and also highlight the part where the blue was being trolling and abusive, because I'm just not seeing it?

Basically every time the player gave a new spin on why running LFR is mandatory for raiders trying to progress, he would just say the same thing about the ilvl and he refused to understand that just because you're raiding normal or heroic doesn't mean you're getting drops so he just kept repeating the same tired "If you're running heroic you don't need LFR since heroic has a higher ilvl".

He admits that LFR is designed to have people carried which was never stated by any design goal from the actual devs, but then refuses to ackowledge that it's weird it would be designed that way if raiders didn't have to use it.

He then gets abusive by using sarcasm when he says

Then don't. It's obvious that you are well beyond the skill level of any player posting here and that you'd rather not play with "mouthbreathers", as you so elegantly and politely put it in your previous post. So, by all means, open Vent, repeatedly tell your guildmates how awesome and uber skilled you are and run with them Normal and Heroic raids

Edit:

And just to clarify, you'd be kidding yourself to otherwise try to say that any LFR has people playing at 10% capacity of their skill and gear. Whether they don't care, don't try, or perhaps are afk, the poster is rightly irritated that it's designed around raiders carrying these people and the blue only serves to aggitate him more by cajoling him and just downright being exactly what he accuses the player of being.
Edited by Purebalance on 11/6/2012 5:22 PM PST
90 Human Mage
It is where this whole thing came from. I'm sorry if you missed the connection between them since it was vague throughout this entire thread and everyone was dancing around it, but we all know it was about him.

That may have been what started the conversation, but this is the second thread on this topic, and while I'm sure some people have in the back of their minds, it's not the only part of the discussion.
100 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Mcdrunk
Go to any board here and you will find dozens of pages of threads containing constructive feedback going unnoticed or unanswered. Players are becoming hostile towards Blues because they feel they aren't being heard.

What evidence do you have that threads are going unread? Just because a Blue does not post does not mean that constructive, if they are so, ideas or criticism isn't read and sent back to Blizzard. And if Blues are indeed Customer Service or Customer Relations, why is participating in a fluff thread in an effort to bolster community relations considered a bad thing?

I never said they were going unread. Maybe you didn't read what you quoted, or even the rest of that quote's post.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Opolis
Any interaction between a business and the entity they are doing business with contains elements of customer service. There are several reoccurring breakdowns in WoW's customer service:

Are these truly breakdowns ore merely unrealistic expectations from forum goers? For example, I have seen posters demand, not ask for or request, demand a Blue response on whatever grievance they wanted to air, no matter how major or minor. Would a Blue not responding to such a thread be considered a breakdown in customer service?
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Opolis

I never said they were going unread. Maybe you didn't read what you quoted, or even the rest of that quote's post.

You said unnoticed. Can you clarify what you meant by that if not unread?
Community Manager
The discussion has gotten a bit too meta and is no longer on-topic or about World of Warcraft.

Again, you are all welcome to forward your concerns and feedback you have with regards to the Community team, MVPs, or forum moderation to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.

For inquiries regarding forum suspensions, please send them to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com.
Blizzard Employee
You're too meta.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]