BM is garbage for pvp.

90 Pandaren Priest
Arena sucks imo. No real skill, just abuse of the environment.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Strlder
I also like to theorise how it would feel to be Bill Gates and stuff, good call, bro.

Not really the same...just because personally I haven't had the time/dedication to get to a high rank, doesn't mean I can't theorycraft on it. I watch rank 1 streamers all the time, and read blogs and such, you can learn about high rank pvp without being there yourself. Assshat
Reply Quote
If run with a proper healer and complimentary DPS/Control Spec it is insanely powerful for the moment. It is all about controlling the opponent's CD's and utilizing your burn at a time when it is ideal for you and your pet as well as your other damaging partner.

It is gimmicky and pet control is a nuisance, but these are issues tackled by experience with BM and with the class, but I can see where it would create some issues for those who rolled a hunter recently or are not actively thinking about these issues.

Don't get me wrong, BM is powerful, really the only spec with ANY power right now. And I play it, with relatively good success, in arenas. My point was that the spec is flawed in a way that the hunter can't do anything to fix it, save dismiss and resummon, which if the pet has glitched out in a spot that you can't los, you can't even do that. And in 5.1 it will be quite easy for people to avoid BM's cds, and without cds BM is weaksauce at best.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Morcinna
And with mages/locks/shammys all having pets (am I fogetting anyone?)

UH dks as well.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Utchoomawa
Your name makes baby Jesus cry.

Dahfuq's wrong with my name?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
After the changes made on the BM Hunter, they have succeeded in rendering the hunter useless again in Arena and Rated Battlegrounds. It was very hard to get into any Arenas or RBGS during Cataclysm. It will be hard now to do MOP, since we die as soon as we get in and our pets are cced killing over 40 to 60% of our power. Thanks WOW you did it again. As useaul you nerfed to much and a hunter will not be able to play pvp.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Chelola
As useaul you nerfed to much and a hunter will not be able to play pvp.

Firstly, post on your hunter....

Second, 5.1 won't make BM unplayable, far from it, it will simply make it not absurd faceroll. It will mean BM takes some skill to play. Which judging from your comment, you don't have much of.

Main reason I'm lookin forwards to 5.1 is MM should be viable again, thankfully.
Reply Quote
The problem is taunts and such work on pets in PvP. I think the pet classes should have complete control of their pets ie only things that would affect a player should affect a pet in PvP. So hibernate, fear, scare beast, control demon, etc. would work on pets and things like aggro, taunts, etc. would not come into play.

Just saying....give the player control. BM still a little gimped if they focus your pet, but at least they can't just taunt it away.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/07/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Morcinna
It'd help if they could figure out how to get our pets to jump off ledges when appropriate.

Or just an ability that we can use that functions like blink strike but does no damage, instantly teleports your pet to your current target, doesn't work if he line of sights YOU but will still work if you pet is not in line of sight. Gives it a short, 10 sec cd if at all..

This would give our pets 100% uptime and they would be a ton more reliable.

Also if it was off the gcd it would be nice. macro it into kill command or something.
Reply Quote
Firstly, post on your hunter....

Second, 5.1 won't make BM unplayable, far from it, it will simply make it not absurd faceroll. It will mean BM takes some skill to play. Which judging from your comment, you don't have much of.

Main reason I'm lookin forwards to 5.1 is MM should be viable again, thankfully.

Anyone know if the rumor about steady shot on the run is true? If it is hunters that know how to kite like champs will become friggin killing machines.
Edited by Ripcage on 11/14/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Let's count our trinkets (If listed twice, it's because of readiness):
1. PvP Trinket
2. Bestial Wrath
3. Bestial Wrath
4. Master's Call
5. Master's Call
6. Disengage
7. Disengage

right thats why you're stuck at 1500
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
you shoud check rbg ladder there some bm hunter there at 3k rathing ... + rbg give more point.... !@#$ arena i hate this %^-* now .All class take burst spec to burn semone fast
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well it was optimal until they started nerfing it. Granted some stuff was a bit OP, yet the other classes ( warlock , arms war , spriest to name a few ) are still "op" and arent being bothered with. I was even gonna put up with all the nerfing and not cry or complain as its called, until I found out they are making the pet CC able.

As the OP said, its already an NPC so why make it CC able for the 10 secs during BW?!
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Keltheluz
You are mostly correct but the sad part is, we're virtually forced into BM if we want the damage to be able to keep up. SV is gimped in PvP thanks to RNG and dispels, and if you try MM, you will probably bleed from your eye sockets from all the frustration.

Sorta like we were forced to play MM for all other seasons???
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
all they need to do is make it to where your pet can jump off a ledge to follow either you or your target. it's ridiculous how they run aaaallllll the way around to get back to you or the target. let it follow you over the ledge or jump with the target.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
keybind your attack,follow, move to, attack stance,defense stance, and passive stance?

ran out of binds on your keyboard?

buy a razer naga 12 extra thumb binds and 2 pointer finger all of which can be modified by shift so your talking atleast 24-28binds on a mouse

can also be modified by alt so we're talking about a lot of extra binds here
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
11/15/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Fookî
all they need to do is make it to where your pet can jump off a ledge to follow either you or your target. it's ridiculous how they run aaaallllll the way around to get back to you or the target. let it follow you over the ledge or jump with the target.

ROFL U WANT MORE BUFFS??? U CAN READINESS BESTRIAL WRATH
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
ROFL U WANT MORE BUFFS??? U CAN READINESS BESTRIAL WRATH

wtf are you smoking? i said about our pets having to run all over instead of following a jump.
reading's hard i guess.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
People are so ignorant to believe readiness is the solution to everything when the reality is, it's a gamble every time you use if for anything other than deterrence+exhil. Blow a 5 min CD for some extra CC, damage, or a halfass trinket and you could be screwing yourself and your healer hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]